KROQ AAC Night 2

hahninator

KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2008 - Night 2!

What did you all think about Night 1? Will Night 2 be as good? Did Rise Against blow you away like they blew me away? Did you enjoy The Offspring? Are they good headliners? What about Staind and Three Days Grace? AFI? STP?

Night 2 Lineup:

Posted Image

The online digital guide can be found here. The webcast is located here. All times are PST (Pacific Standard Time). PST is 3 hours earlier than EST, so for example if it is 8pm here, it is 5pm there, etc.

Who are you looking forward to tonight? I think The Cure will be the best one tonight...the other acts aren't looking that pleasing, but we will see!

Night 1 was awesome.. Rise Against definitely blew me away, and TDG very much exceeded my expectations. Staind was awesome too. Never been a big fan of the Offspring live, saw them early this year and wasn't too into it. Didn't like AFI or STP.

Probably looking forward to The Cure the most for Night 2 also.

Vampire Weekend did a very good set. The opening song should have been their new single they just played at the Woodies.

Snow Patrol-I only know three songs by them so I'm in the fog as to if they're playing well or not. haha.

Very excited for Death Cab. Such an eclectic amount of bands this year!

Wow Scott Weiland is amazing!! I've never heard of them!! I have to check them out!! Vampire Weekend was ok I only saw the last song tho I don't know them, Snow Patrol was awesome!! I think the lead singer was drunk tho. WTH??? KANYE WEST???? SINCE WHEN????? AND WHAT HAPPENED TO PARAMORE?

Edited by LPPRJKT4

I hated every act so far, lol.

What the fuck is this? The stage after Franz rotated and out comes KANYE WEST.

For fucks sake where is Paramore!?

I liked the bands, I got really into Scott Weiland, but WTH?? KANYE WEST???? Amen to ur last question bro. Still I'm glad I got to see "Stronger" live. I love that song. Didn't Franz Ferdinand hint this tho? The lead singer said somethin bout a special guest that "you guys will really adore."

Edited by LPPRJKT4

Kanye? Really? Why? Well, I guess they did say there would be a "surprise guest", but still... Kanye? He was on SNL last night, I don't need more. And he's really not that good a singer, needs some work. Ow.

He's not that bad, and at least he chose some good songs for his set so far, loving Stronger and Heartless. HOLY SHIT LOVE LOCKDOWN!!!!! OMGGGG!!!!!!

Edited by LPPRJKT4

He's not that bad, and at least he chose some good songs for his set so far, loving Stronger and Heartless.

Ok, I do like the songs, but his singing definitely needs work. He needs to hire a voice trainer or something. I already knew the songs, and I like the studio versions, but seriously. Props for trying though. Nothing against the man, he just can't sing.

.......GET OFF THE STAGE

Dude don't be so harsh, IMO Love Lockdown sounds better live without all that pop shit added in. PARA-FUCKING-MORE IS ON!!! Here's the set so far for ppl that aren't watching.

1. Misery Business

2. Pressure

3. Crushcrushcrush

4. Emergency

5. For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

6. That's What You Get

7. Decode

Hope you all enjoyed the set as much as I did!!

Edited by LPPRJKT4

I just got home to open my computer.

What happened?? Is there delayed or something???

I thought the Killers supporsed to be on stage now.

Why death cab for cutie still on stage????

Edited by chazmike

Lmao who agrees with me that Love Lockdown is better live than in studio? Tho I agree w/ alyeksa about the fact that he needs voice lessons.

Thanks. That's really my only issue with him right now.

its much better live. the less robot, the better. his voice needs some training but wow its way better live :P

The other few times I saw him perform those live, he actually still used the robot voice thing, it was awful. Using the voice thing and still not being able to sing? Tonight's was way better than those performances. Edited by alyeska39