Waiting For The End and chart position?

Last week, Waiting For The End charted in the 40s range on the Billboard Hot 100. I believe that the exact range was 44-46. This week, they have completely vanished from the Hot 100. For those who do not know, the Hot 100 tracks the "hottest" songs in America as judged by both sales and radio plays. I wonder if this was a move by Warner to prepare for BITS or have people just stopped being interested?

Does this mean that, mainstream-wise, ATS has been their least successful album to date?

it was quite obvious that after it didn't sell well at all in the beginning that it was going to be their least successful album sales/chart-wise. Although they are pretty radio friendly it's not what america and the world wants. If it ain't sex these days....

I must admit i don't really listen to it a lot either since i don't feel like it hits a chord with me, i like every song except the messenger, but they don't seem to have that x-factor that forces you to relisten to it and remember it. So to me it was a very enjoyable but ultimately forgettable album.

Another thing is that these days you struggle to sell records if your music ain't playable in clubs/at parties. Sad but true.

Does this mean that, mainstream-wise, ATS has been their least successful album to date?

Absolutely. Which was inevitable. Linkin Park is a rock band that has been around for 10 years. Mainstream music fans are extremely fickle.

The Billboard Hot 100 is currently being dominated by artists such as Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Chris Brown, Usher, etc. So I'll take Linkin Park's bad Billboard charts as a compliment.

it was quite obvious that after it didn't sell well at all in the beginning that it was going to be their least successful album sales/chart-wise. Although they are pretty radio friendly it's not what america and the world wants. If it ain't sex these days....

I must admit i don't really listen to it a lot either since i don't feel like it hits a chord with me, i like every song except the messenger, but they don't seem to have that x-factor that forces you to relisten to it and remember it. So to me it was a very enjoyable but ultimately forgettable album.

Another thing is that these days you struggle to sell records if your music ain't playable in clubs/at parties. Sad but true.

I completely agree with you about ATS being a great album but forgettable. Besides WFTE occasionally i don't listen to the cd anymore. And it's also the only LP cd I have physical cd... So hows that spouse to work. Lol. Well yeah it is very forgettable album

Whether it's reality or just from LPL being down, it seems like ATS was released and the community's reaction in general was just "k bro that's cool" and they moved on.

Incredible! That is such an awesome way to word it.

MTM was pretty successful, especially considering that it was released at a time when music sales were declining.

NY radio stations around where I live have been playing WFTE like CRAZY for the past couple weeks...

MTM suffered from the same thing to a lesser extend, enjoyable music when you hear it but it has no lasting value.

Sorry, but I have to disagree on that. I may feel a little biased to some because you all know how much I love MTM, but it sold really well IMO. What I've Done was a huge hit, actually, LP's BIGGEST hit to date. SOTD did amazing. LOATR even did decently... GU and BIO were fan favorites and a lot of people liked them. ATS won't get to 5 singles either, I don't think. MTM had the most poppy, catchy LP songs to date. They aren't forgettable because they all are almost the same structure (V, CH, V, CH, CH) which is basic radio structure. ATS had very minimal amount of that.

Edited by Geki

yeah fair enough, WID will be remembered as one of their hits but on a personal level i don't really feel like MTM is an album for the ages. The only song i still enjoy is BIO. ATS on the other hand has nothing. Different is good IMO but if it has no unique x-factor sound that forces you to listen to it time and time again it will be forgotten real fast. Somehow they managed to make two simple, cheesy and very cliched records being HT and meteroa and they both have that edge to it that makes you listen to it even now. Don't know what it is though....

Different is good IMO but if it has no unique x-factor sound that forces you to listen to it time and time again it will be forgotten real fast. Somehow they managed to make two simple, cheesy and very cliched records being HT and meteroa and they both have that edge to it that makes you listen to it even now. Don't know what it is though....

Well then this just comes down to personal taste then, because I don't even listen to HT or Meteora anymore since they have no "x-factor" to me. MTM and ATS on the other hand, I listen to constantly.

yeah fair enough, WID will be remembered as one of their hits but on a personal level i don't really feel like MTM is an album for the ages. The only song i still enjoy is BIO. ATS on the other hand has nothing. Different is good IMO but if it has no unique x-factor sound that forces you to listen to it time and time again it will be forgotten real fast. Somehow they managed to make two simple, cheesy and very cliched records being HT and meteroa and they both have that edge to it that makes you listen to it even now. Don't know what it is though....

i agree, besides WFTE i neevr listen too ATS anymore and i never listen to MTM anymore. I occassionaly listen to HT and besides the last two weeks i listen to Meteora a lot. ATS is forgettable and doesn't have an x-factor. MTM was in mt opinion their worst album and the one i lsten to the least. I never listen to it anymore because it doesn't have a lasting factor and gets old Edited by Bliss

I've probably mentioned this before on other threads, but I get the feeling A Thousand Suns will be revered far more in ten years time that it is now- much like Radiohead's Kid A, or Metallica's Black Album. At the time, it was like, "WTF are they doing?", but both album's quality and originality stood the test of time, much like I think (and hope) ATS will.

I've probably mentioned this before on other threads, but I get the feeling A Thousand Suns will be revered far more in ten years time that it is now- much like Radiohead's Kid A, or Metallica's Black Album. At the time, it was like, "WTF are they doing?", but both album's quality and originality stood the test of time, much like I think (and hope) ATS will.

I 100% agree with you, its good now but i think time will make people look back and see how out there it is for music of this time.