07.12.2010 - Burswood, Australia

hahninator

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches & Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint (with fan as guest guitarist - think someone was telling me he runs an LP Perth page?)

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice & Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

-----------------------

20. The Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. The Messenger

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out (BITS over Bridge)

Source: Twitter

Edited by LPFreak64

Blah, same setlist. Interesting. I wonder why they're doing that. There's 2 nights in Melbourne and Sydney so maybe they'll change it for those shows only. Still hoping for Jay-Z at the 2nd night in Sydney.

:blink: Wow! Already fan on guitar for Faint has become an expectation. I hope no tantrums gets thrown if the band doesn't bring a fan up for another 3 years. But who i'm i kidding? This is the LP fandom. LP does it once, the fandom expects it a million times. ^_^

Na not an expectation at all. I think you greatly misunderstood my post. I said this was a WISH, as in that'd be great if they brought up another fan on Faint. Guess what? They did, lol. You don't think that's pretty sweet? Your post comes off as very standoffish.

Blah, same setlist. Interesting. I wonder why they're doing that. There's 2 nights in Melbourne and Sydney so maybe they'll change it for those shows only. Still hoping for Jay-Z at the 2nd night in Sydney.

Na not an expectation at all. I think you greatly misunderstood my post. I said this was a WISH, as in that'd be great if they brought up another fan on Faint. Guess what? They did, lol. You don't think that's pretty sweet? Your post comes off as very standoffish.

Don't get me wrong. I think its great they bring fans up on stage to play with them. What makes it so great is that its random and for special reasons each time. In fact, my wish is how it would be even cooler if they got a fan(s) to play the instrumental part(s) to "Part of Me" and all the band has to do is have Mike and Chester learn the lyrics and perform it if that is what it takes to hear that awesome song live. I wasn't meaning to come off standoffish or whatever. It's just that with all the things we complain about, them not having a fan up to play with them on any song was not something i want to have to see people start complaining about too. In my mind i was like "great. one more thing to bitch about if it doesn't happen all the time." And you know the more LP does it, when they stop, there are people who are going to bitch about it and demand and wonder why LP isn't doing it all the time. So yeah, no offence meant. :)

25. Bleed It Out ('Burning In The Skies' over bridge)

I don't even want to listen. Looking at that is like looking at:

25. In Between (Given Up over the bridge)

It actually fits really well and adds a new dimension to Bleed it Out by adding in some actual singing.

25. Bleed It Out ('Burning In The Skies' over bridge)

I don't even want to listen. Looking at that is like looking at:

25. In Between (Given Up over the bridge)

Let me apologize to begin with

I've given up

Let me apologize for what I'm about to say

Not quite the bridge, but you get the idea...

Here's hoping for a setlist change in Adelaide.

sorry i couldn't be upfront about the setlist last night peeps. i obviously saw it during our backstage tour and knew a lot of you would be disappointed, but promised hugo that we wouldn't tell anyone. to be honest - i've seen this set 4 times now and it never bores me. in fact, there were 10 of us who went together last night and 8 of those 10 haven't seen a single show on this tour so far - they loved and reveled in every minute of the show... some saying it was the best concert they'd ever been to. i love that this setlist can evoke an emotional response like that. i realise it must be boring to follow from the online point of view, but they are bringing what is a very strong setlist to each new location. i think it's obvious that they will change up the setlist for cities in which 2 or more shows are taking place... but i think it is completely logical and expected for them to maintain this setlist at each new city (at least once anyway).

anyways, rant over :)

i just want to say a massive thank you to hugo and cory (i think that was her name!) for everything they did for my mate and i last night. not sure if they read this or if anyone affiliated with the band on the aussie leg of the world tour do, but you guys are unbelievably awesome!

sorry i couldn't be upfront about the setlist last night peeps. i obviously saw it during our backstage tour and knew a lot of you would be disappointed, but promised hugo that we wouldn't tell anyone. to be honest - i've seen this set 4 times now and it never bores me. in fact, there were 10 of us who went together last night and 8 of those 10 haven't seen a single show on this tour so far - they loved and reveled in every minute of the show... some saying it was the best concert they'd ever been to. i love that this setlist can evoke an emotional response like that. i realise it must be boring to follow from the online point of view, but they are bringing what is a very strong setlist to each new location. i think it's obvious that they will change up the setlist for cities in which 2 or more shows are taking place... but i think it is completely logical and expected for them to maintain this setlist at each new city (at least once anyway).

anyways, rant over :)

i just want to say a massive thank you to hugo and cory (i think that was her name!) for everything they did for my mate and i last night. not sure if they read this or if anyone affiliated with the band on the aussie leg of the world tour do, but you guys are unbelievably awesome!

Sounds like you had a blast. :) I'm so jealous of you right now its not even funny. :(

Can't really argue there, I'm very much looking forward to the core setlist. Might get lucky with a surprise though now that their a couple of shows into the tour.

yeh im looking forward to the adelaide show - going to try and get to the very front of standing... so should be incredible

@Narc85 In your signature it says you're going to Adelaide as VIP, what is that?

yep! basically, charitybuzz.com ran a charity auction on behalf of music for relief for VIP tickets - the winning bidder gets a backstage tour prior to the show (including opportunities to take photos with the band's instruments, photos on-stage, some cool stuff like guitar picks/drum sticks/shirt/bandanna/photo) - quite thorough and you get to see a lot of stuff you wouldn't ever even dream of seeing! then you have the option of good seats to the side of the stage/watch the show from the mixing desk or be let into general admin 2 minutes before everyone else.

despite the fact i had already done it in london, doing it again last night in perth was a whole other experience... i felt bad for hugo who was showing me around - he probably thought i would get bored as i'd seen it all before but i loved and appreciated every minute of it! we watched the show from the mixing desk last night too which was cool but a few other guests who were there kept talking throughout the entire show - a bit disappointing... you'd think they'd be loving every minute of it like we were! so i think next time (if we can) we'll take the opportunity to go standing 2 minutes early... would be awesome to be up the front at an LP gig - something i havent done yet!

hi.

im monty. i played faint in perth.

and yeah, i've been the president of the perth LPUers.

id also like to shout out big thanks to cory, hugo, maurice, jim, tim, and of course, kurt!

oh, and LP (esp mike/chaz) lol

was the greatest night of my life.

i hope they change the setlist for the rest of the country, but i have to say... normally they alphabetize different sets. on M2M world tour they had 4-6 different setlists. the setlist in perth didnt have something to signify that it was a specific set.

ie. from london 08 set list was set T, perths set on tues said nothing like that on the sheet.

IF ANYONE HAS PHOTO/VIDEO OF FAINT ON TUESDAY, PLEASE EMAIL ME:

mon_tk@hotmail.com

welcome dude... was wondering when more perth peeps would start posting here :) will chat to ya on FB soon im sure! (oh ps, the standard definition video of you playing faint is uploading to my page right now - the HD kept cutting out so had to downsize for now :()

welcome dude... was wondering when more perth peeps would start posting here :) will chat to ya on FB soon im sure! (oh ps, the standard definition video of you playing faint is uploading to my page right now - the HD kept cutting out so had to downsize for now :( )

That video is the best of them all so far!

I'm screencapping the shit out of it! haha!