Mike's LP Community Tour

ChuckCheese

Mike just did chats on the LPU, LP.com, and Ustream. Highlights are as follows.

• Chester is doing a very different kind of screaming that is very exciting. Mike referred to it as "weird" and "losing his mind kind of screaming."
  • There will be heavy tracks on the album.
  • There will be gang vocals from the entire band on a couple songs.
  • Mike and Chester do back and forth vocals on almost every song.
  • Mike will be rapping.
  • The music video for The Catalyst is not yet finished.
  • The standard CD, Special Edition & Deluxe Box Set will have their own art books and cases.
  • Both new and old songs will be played on tour.
  • "That effect on the voices in The Catalyst is a layer of a flanger, a modulation effect, and some other stuff."
  • "We had fun with effects on this record...lots of "ear candy"...on many instruments."
  • "It's not really a concept record. It's kind of a concept record, but only in the sense that the concept is more about the execution of it. It is not a rock opera. You guys may feel like it's got a common thread that kinda goes through from song to song and all the way down the album and that is definitely intentional. There's multiple layers and meaning."
  • Neal Avron has mixed the record. He mixed Minutes to Midnight as well.
  • LP will not be on the soundtracks to Saw 7 or Transformers 3.
  • Mike and Joe both contributed to the artwork. Mike praised Joe's work.
  • There will be tracks from 20 seconds to almost 6 minutes on the album.
Feel free to add anything I missed.

Thoughs?

mshinoda says (16:24):

I want to see #TheCatalyst and #LinkinPark trending on Twitter :-)

Have you heard him? Let's do it!

Edited by CookieMonster

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing was said on the LP and LPU chats? That's all from the ustream :P

Only things that I could read through the spamming in the LP chat were "DING DONG", "THIS CHAT IS CRAZY!", "I'M SPAMMING MY OWN CHAT, HA", and "I'M GOING TO USTREAM". Wasn't in the LPU chat.

Mike just did chats on the LPU, LP.com, and Ustream. Highlights are as follows.

• Chester is doing a very different kind of screaming that is very exciting. Mike referred to it as "losing his mind kind of screaming."
  • There will be heavy tracks on the album.
  • There will be gang vocals from the entire band on a couple songs.
  • Mike and Chester do back and forth vocals on almost every song.
  • Mike will be rapping.
  • The music video for The Catalyst is not yet finished.
  • The standard CD, Special Edition & Deluxe Box Set will have their own art books and cases.
  • Both new and old songs will be played on tour.
Feel free to add anything I missed.

Thoughs?

mshinoda says:

I want to see #TheCatalyst and #LinkinPark trending on Twitter :)

Have you heard him? Let's do it!

I love that there will be heavy tracks. I love the screaming. I love the gang vocals. I love the rapping. I love back and fourth. I hope the music video will come soon.

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME NEWS!!! A new kind of screaming?!?!? Heavy tracks?!?!? Rapping?!?!? Gang vocals?!?!? This is going to be the BEST LP album ever. I have a strong feeling. I can't wait.

Nothing was said on the LP and LPU chats? That's all from the ustream :P

The only insteresting parts was this:

mshinoda says to (16:25):

Catalyst: That effect on the voices is a layer of a flanger, a modulation effect, and some other stuff. We had fun with effects on this record...lots of "ear candy"

mshinoda says to (16:26):

...on many instruments.

He began to say "Jornada Del Muerto is a reference to" and then cut himself off by joking that it wasn't in Spanish. My guess is that he meant to say it was a reference to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jornada_del_Muerto

Yeah, it was obvious from the beginning

On July 16, 1945 the Jornada del Muerto was the site of the first atomic bomb test. The bomb was detonated at Trinity site, located at a northern part of the Alamogordo Bombing Range, now the White Sands Missile Range, between the towns of Carrizozo and Socorro, New Mexico.

This, in particular. ;)

The only insteresting parts was this:

mshinoda says to (16:25):

Catalyst: That effect on the voices is a layer of a flanger, a modulation effect, and some other stuff. We had fun with effects on this record...lots of "ear candy"

mshinoda says to (16:26):

...on many instruments.

Should that be added to the main post?

Watch...there will be one song with back and forth vocals, a scream, and heavy guitars. They will only release it in Japan ;-)

Thanks for the info everyone. I don't love "The Catalyst", but at least it's different. Looking forward to hearing the new stuff live and hearing what else they came up with in the studio.

[*]Chester is doing a very different kind of screaming that is very exciting. Mike referred to it as "weird" and "losing his mind kind of screaming."

[*]There will be heavy tracks on the album.

[*]There will be gang vocals from the entire band on a couple songs.

[*]Mike will be rapping.

[*]Both new and old songs will be played on tour.

-Gang vocals, WO! I'm looking forward to that.

-Mike WILL be Rapping

-I thought the touring with only the new songs would be cool. Maybe it will have kind of a story feeling to it.

He seemed a bit hesistant to say there were heavier tracks on the album and that Chester does some screaming. It came off in a way where he was like " yeahhh well um theres some of that".

Personally Linkin Park is probably the worst people to describe their own records lol They'll say that their doing something, yet it only ends up one track. Or describe it a certain way " genre-busting" " mix of m2m and hybrid theory ( from chester)" when it's none of that so far.

Just have to wait and see, or look out for a review by someone who has heard it a la the 6 track sampler.