LPLive 4 Suggestions

hahninator

Really like 4.0, especially the new organization for the live shows, ticket stubs, etc. The "Did You Know" section is a ton of fun, and despite others complaining about needing to refresh to see a new fact, I thought this was an essential part of it, as it ensures one doesn't see more than one fact (generally speaking) per view. (I look forward to the fact that for over 100 days, I'm gonna have a cool new fun fact to look at)

I really like the Meteora theme, but didn't care too much for the others. I thought the forum's went toward less trendy (web 2.0 look) to a more LP cultured look. I for one don't mind this change, but some may see it as a downside (potentially new comers)

Only responding because was asked what you like / don't like, and either way I absolutely love the site, and as an LP fan for years, and having just recently discovered it, its a cool community.

A nice idea for themes and rotating banners would be to create

themes based on the Singles. With color theme of the single, rotating banner of three pictures of a pic of the singles cover, pic of the video and a live pic of the band, any that seems to fit the theme of the song single.

LPL radio idea - Nick brought up the idea of having an LPL player stream all audio shows ... like, everything.

Why only audio? Let's stream all video recordings in high quality ... like, everything.

I love the idea about the Radio. It would be awesome to get live streaming audio when I come on here. I also don't like the idea of a flash player.

I think that a Fort Minor theme should really be available, I would also love to see an 8-Bit Rebellion design. I would also love to see a design for the new single (once the album cover is released in a large HD size).

Why only audio? Let's stream all video recordings in high quality ... like, everything.

Video is more than easily handled via youtube and most people prefer going that route. If we could do it better in-house, I'm all for it except for one small, minor, insignificant detail...

By my count, I've got at least 1TB of audio and video data and a 250GB/month bandwidth limit from my ISP, so if I did nothing but upload, it would take me 4 months to get everything online. At least. :lol:

You guys should stick to new themes first.

For the Live radio, it be nice and simple to instead of adding the whole audio shows to the radio.

Release a live show or other audio snippets every once a week or two.

That way it won't mess up with the uploads and be nice to have some new audio to listen on this website every so often.

Edited by INK 1 2Many

I dont know if anyone said this but...

How bout an iPhone and Droid app. Like a way so you could get the feeds, and be able to comment on them in a quick comment fashion.

SO many people have smartphones now that it would be totally worth it.

I know Mark and Legend are in the process on making an LPLive app for the iPhone but how easy would it be to make one and publish it for the Blackberry App world? I sometimes check the site on my phone and it's really really laggy as I view it via my mobile browser.

A nice idea for themes and rotating banners would be to create

themes based on the Singles. With color theme of the single, rotating banner of three pictures of a pic of the singles cover, pic of the video and a live pic of the band, any that seems to fit the theme of the song single.

For sure agreed on this, if there's gonna be updates the themes in general should probably be a priority.

First what we are doing is making a mobile version of the site. So you view LPL on a mobile device (iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, etc) and it's all good to go. Very easy to navigate, etc.

Then an app for the iPhone comes after that. Not sure about Droid, etc expansion yet at this point. First priority is the mobile version and we'll go from there.

First what we are doing is making a mobile version of the site. So you view LPL on a mobile device (iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, etc) and it's all good to go. Very easy to navigate, etc.

Then an app for the iPhone comes after that. Not sure about Droid, etc expansion yet at this point. First priority is the mobile version and we'll go from there.

Just thought I would add in my two cents to clear some things up for everyone. Yes, an LPL Application for your mobile devices are being worked on and YES a mobile site is being worked on. Mark and I have had this on the drawing board for a while now and have been shooting off back and fourth with ideas and designs lately. First thing that is being worked on will be the mobile site. A very fast, lightweight version of the main site. Not heavy on graphics, but still pleasing for the eyes and fast loading. Will work on any phone that can connect to the internet. Perfect for any size screen and phone. Looks BEST on phones with touch screens. The mobile site is pretty much completely designed, however, the actual work is nowhere near complete. Lots of work, but you will all enjoy it.

After we get the mobile site released, I do have intentions on working on applications to download to your smartphones. Any mobile phone running iOS software or Android Software will definatly have this FREE app. I will look into getting it to work for blackberry's as well. Of course, the app will be based all offline. And then, I want to try and get a mobile variant of the forum aswell, so it can load faster on your phones.

There isn't much news to tell you really though. These are all ideas on the drawing board, and they are slowly being produced. Expect the mobile site first, but yes, you can expect ALL of these within the coming months. Any questions can be sent to my PM box, but most information will be between Mark and I (and the staff). We'll release more information when we fell good progress is being made.

Don't know if its been suggested yet but is that there be individual band member theme. Like a Mike theme, Chester theme, Brad theme, and so on. Each theme would represent the instruments they play and their appearances over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

As soon as we get some images and ideas for the color scheme, we'll have one. Until then, patience. We can't have a blank theme that just says 'A Thousand Suns' at the top.

So what happened with the ATS theme? We have pictures now.