Did Fort Minor really use backing tracks?

gorast

What else would they have used...? They had a drummer, a DJ, and a trio of string players for a live band. Where else would all the guitar, bass, keyboards, etc. come from?

Linkin Park has always used backing tracks too.

LP using backing tracks? lol

All the live string parts on the albums? Last time I checked, LP didn't have a string section on stage with them...

If it's not played by guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, a turntable, or MIDI pads, they use a backing track for it. The most common ones are songs with intros that start while the band isn't on stage, either as the show intro or coming out of the encore. No More Sorrow long intro/One Step Closer extended intro, What I've Done AMBO intro, they have live instruments that come in later but the beginnings of them are all pre-recorded backing tracks. The KRWLNG intro is all pre-recorded except for when Mike raps or plays keys over it. On The Little Things Give You Away, Joe isn't even on stage, Mike literally hits "play" on his keyboard and the backing track of the samples and strings starts. The live versions of Cure for the Itch and Session are almost entirely pre-recorded, the only live part of them is Joe's scratching.

What annoyed me was that I remmber Dave Grohl (foo fighters) critisising LP about sampling stuff live when how the **** are they suppost to play reversed keyboards/acoustic guitars parts!? xD

LP sampling stuff is fine with me, its just when the band starts using backing tracks of the vocals & lip syncing for every performance then you can start to worry.

backing tracks when the band isnt on stage are totally okay, even Metallica using them for their Intros.

but if LP would use lypsinc for a whole tour or even for some songs i would defenitely leave the band.

Edited by tschenneck