Jay-Z Uses Linkin Park on SNL

HybridMeteora798

About an hour ago on the all new episode of Saturday Night Live, Jay-Z performed a medley of some of his biggest hits. When 99 Problems came on, Jay-Z did one of the things he's been doing on his tours I believe. The second verse featured the guitar from Points of Authority. While Mike did not do the second part via backing track (AKA the part of the Police), there was pre-recorded backup dubs by Mike as far as I could hear.

Video of the medley can be found here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFvKnyR7-5E (99 Problems second verse starts around 3:47)

Pretty cool I thought!

Man, my mom was watching SNL, but I only came down and saw the song he was singing with some chick.

As far as using Mike's vocals, it sounds like Jay-Z, not Mike.

Edited by Aiman

Not only that Jay-Z does this at most of his shows, I'm pretty sure he's used samples of Lying From You on Dirt Off Your Shoulder too, and he's definitely done Encore with Numb samples a few times and used one scratch sample from Papercut on Big Pimpin'.

^ Yeah he does, but I think they do LFY just because it's funner for his band to do, honestly. I noticed he does Numb/Encore when he plays in front of a mostly-white audience (like Europe).

Good find. A real nice performance for SNL. 8+ minute medley, Jay was breaking it down. Jay is good material and I like that he incorporates the LP stuff in his live performance. When they first did CC, I was under the impression Jay intimidated LP a bit. I've learned its kinda been the opposite and Jay has great respect for LP. Good stuff.

When they first did CC, I was under the impression Jay intimidated LP a bit.

Well, that was probably true in the beginning. Making music with arguably the msot famous and influential rapper would probably be a little awkward with some "are we good enough" moments.

Well, I saw some YouTube videos of him performing that version of the song on his 2010 tour.

Well It seems like he's going to perform that version on the 2010 tour (as he already did). He's going to play at the Peace & Love Festival 2010 this year, here in Sweden and I'm planning to go there. GOD! I hope he plays 99 Problems/ PTOA then, atleast it's going to be the only LP related live thing going on for us in Sweden...