LPL Vs. LPA

anjum

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really like to see a better collaboration between these two sites, but I guess that's not gonna happen soon due to some disagreements between their admins, who, I hope, would make peace with each other.

what happened exactly?

:blink:

as for the question... totally random at least for lp general discussion so... no comment lol

Honestly, I think that the LPA has a batter layout, small but very very nice community, awesome images and wallpapers, information about the band, better music collection and doesn't go on about OTHER BANDS.

I think LPL and LPA have equal exclusives.

LPL has the better online guide, thats because thats what you're mean't to be.

After all that, you can ban me if you must....lol

I do think that the two sites should get along though, as I like both LPA and LPL for your different LINKIN PARK news and exclusives.

Edited by TakeAllThatWeCan

Honestly, I think that the LPA has a batter layout, small but very very nice community, awesome images and wallpapers, information about the band, better music collection and doesn't go on about OTHER BANDS.

I think LPL and LPA have equal exclusives.

LPL has the better online guide, thats because thats what you're mean't to be.

After all that, you can ban me if you must....lol

Well you know what? When i said they have many common members i primarily meant you. I have seen you on both the forums. And i expected that you would surely be on their side. Hey tell me a thing you say that LPA has a small community but i think they have about 4 times registered members vis-a-vis LPL. Correct me if i am wrong!!!!

Well you know what? When i said they have many common members i primarily meant you. I have seen you on both the forums. And i expected that you would surely be on their side. Hey tell me a thing you say that LPA has a small community but i think they have about 4 times registered members vis-a-vis LPL. Correct me if i am wrong!!!!

I am trying not to take a side here, thats the point.

Yes, you are correct when you said it has a lot more registered members. Although more than half of them do not sign on anymore, and others just don't post.

Okay. I am also a member but i have never posted. Yes there are no sides actually. Both are there for a common purpose : Serving LP fans and promoting the best band in the world EVER!!

Okay. I am also a member but i have never posted. Yes there are no sides actually. Both are there for a common purpose : Serving LP fans and promoting the best band in the world EVER!!

Indeed.

I do hate this though, I think LPL and LPA should put aside the PAST and be two friendly LP fan sites. I am being serious when I say that though.

Yes, you are correct when you said it has a lot more registered members. Although more than half of them do not sign on anymore, and others just don't post.

Every forum has a lot of inactive users.

I offered some time ago to delete members that haven't logged in for over a year to keep the Registered Users amount in actual state and to let other users registered with nicks they want, that can be taken by those inactive members. But I guess nobody think that it's a good idea, so we passed on it.

I offered some time ago to delete members that haven't logged in for over a year to keep the Registered Users amount in actual state and to let other users registered with nicks they want, that can be taken by those inactive members. But I guess nobody think that it's a good idea, so we passed on it.

Hmm....

I think "cleaning" up would be a correct thing to do. It is almost like being dishonest to yourself, thinking you have lets say 1,000 members and only 50 of them are active, its like saying I am popular because I have 1,000 members when you only really have 50.

Who said it's not a good idea and why?

There's no need of having 1000 inactive members....

At the time it was discussed, we had less members than we do now. At some point inactive members will be purged but there are no current plans to do so.

I would go against that. Just install a plugin that won't allow the member count to be raised by inactive users. Purging old users can mess up the forum tables for future uses. vBulletin is really bad with this, I'm assuming IPB is the same.

I think none of this is necessary. I know it won't happen but I think this should stop because I feel if I say anything then I will be eaten alive. So I think that this post should be closed, and that everyone keeps what they have to say to themselves.

Edited by TakeAllThatWeCan

I think none of this is necessary. I know it won't happen but I think this should stop because I feel if I say anything then I will be eaten alive. So I think that this post should be closed, and that everyone keeps what they have to say to themselves.

i dont think so but here at LPL we try to let everybody voice their opinion in a mature, reasonable matter. If they cant be mature or civil teh banhammer comes down

say what you want but at the end of the day your opinion is your opinion ;)

I totally agree with you LPxDC. If we were to keep our opinion to ourselves, then why would we have joined a forum anyway?? Could have just been in the sidelines. But we are active members and there is no harm in discussing things.

If we were to keep our opinion to ourselves, then why would we have joined a forum anyway?? Could have just been in the sidelines. But we are active members and there is no harm in discussing things.

So you're basically saying that you would rather say about "this website is crap and ours is better" (not that you are) on the forum which a lot of people view than just to keep it within yourself or tell someone on MSN or something?

So you're basically saying that you would rather say about "this website is crap and ours is better" (not that you are) on the forum which a lot of people view than just to keep it within yourself or tell someone on MSN or something?

*kanye shrug*

it is what it is. i like & respect LPA but i hardly visit and i come here more often for obvious reasons. Like i said anything can be discussed as long as its your civil and polite about it

*kanye shrug*

it is what it is. i like & respect LPA but i hardly visit and i come here more often for obvious reasons. Like i said anything can be discussed as long as its your civil and polite about it

Ah, that makes a lot more sense.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I just wanna respond real quick to one of the common complaints about our site (meaning LPA) on here, and that is the 'moderation queue' that required members (with under 50 posts) to have their post approved before it appeared on the forums. This was implemented due to high levels of spam, but has since been removed and has been gone for nearly half a year. Posts no longer have to be approved and will appear instantly.

Aside from that, I just wanna go on the record and say I support LPL and respect them as a fan site. Always have, and I hope the respect is mutual. Keep up the hard work guys!

Edited by LPADerek

Aside from that, I just wanna go on the record and say I support LPL and respect them as a fan site. Always have, and I hope the respect is mutual. Keep up the hard work guys!

It's nice to read that.

Thanks ;)