LP/Blink 182 Collaboration?

Huh. Pretty cool. Can't assume that it means they'll be working together, maybe they wanted to check out what Blink is working on.

Yea, now that I think about it, isn't Chester working with Travis on some of his solo stuff? He might be going to check some of it out.

"The yet-untitled album promises to be a collection that leaps across genres and features a who's who of musical luminaries, including Slash, Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington and the aforementioned A-Trak."

Source: MTV News

blink wouldnt open for LP for another year at the least because Blink is going on a European tour this summer. but if they did it would be amazing. but it probably is just about Chester working with Travis.

but maybe Travis decided to do a remix of one of their songs :lol:

Edited by gtrnowak4tkd

blink used to be big in 2001/2003, after that they declined with the hiatus and the return they don't have a new album so, they can open some pr show

and i don't like them anymore, their songs are made to teenagers until 15 years old

blink used to be big in 2001/2003, after that they declined with the hiatus and the return they don't have a new album so, they can open some pr show

and i don't like them anymore, their songs are made to teenagers until 15 years old

they are releasing a new album. and their self-titled album was made so they could appeal to an older audience.

Korn was like the father of the nu metal and they opened for LP

Blink is not that big, they can open for LP, plus they are friends, would be insane.

I was aware of that when I made that post. blink is MUCH bigger than Korn.

Korn was like the father of the nu metal and they opened for LP

Blink is not that big, they can open for LP, plus they are friends, would be insane.

I'm not even a fan of Blink at all and I agree that Blink is a much bigger band than Korn is. I think it would be pretty cool if Blink opened for LP, but maybe on an arena tour or something, I don't think they fit well on PR.

I'm not even a fan of Blink at all and I agree that Blink is a much bigger band than Korn is. I think it would be pretty cool if Blink opened for LP, but maybe on an arena tour or something, I don't think they fit well on PR.

They would've been a perfect fit for PR04 lol most of the CD sampler sounds just like one of their Dragging the Lake compilations.

Edited by Aiman

I still think that Korn is bigger than Blink

now the question is

who's bigger? LP or blink?

this is a lp forum so.. lol

now the question is

Thats actually a really tough question.....i think they are about equal now. You have to look at the Audiences. Both Blink and LP got big basically about the same time. and both bands reached to the same age range......the teenagers of that time. They did appeal to different audiences though. Blink appealed to the audiences that looked for pop/music. the music that spoke to the generation.....granted alot of their songs are about the same things and relatively simple they still had an impact on music. I think alot more girls followed blink but alot of guys did too. Now LP they WERE a completely different genre. they encompassed the heavy side of rock with LA hip-hop mixed in. They had a larger appeal to the older teenage audience. Their music was really ground-breaking. It brought people who loved Hard Rock and people who loved Hip-Hop and rap together as one fan group. recently though i can see how both blink and LP are becoming similar styles. look at blink's self-titled album it has alot of hip-hop influences in there. and MTM has alot of pop influences with some punk too.

So to whose bigger i would LP. because they have the old fan-base but then they are gaining newer fans with each album. Blink could open up for LP. or vice versa. but Blink would not be that good on a PR tour. maybe if they did a festival tour together. or an arena tour.

I still think that Korn is bigger than Blink

now the question is

this is a lp forum so.. lol

Korn may seem big to you because of the type of music you (and possibly your friends) listen to, but they're not that big, really. LP and blink are too close to tell, really. It's not even worth trying to find out which is bigger lol them and Green Day for that matter.

I will say that LP has a much bigger online community though. Well bigger than blink, Green Day's is just as big as LP's [/random]

Edited by Aiman

I actually had this discussion years ago when i was with a chick that was a big blink fan. I did a poll and it was pretty lob-sided to LP but then again, alot of people i know are LP fans.

For some reason i don't think they suit well. Like blink is very punkish style. And you might get more people to see Blink then LP. but i think they would be a good support. Id prefer them over some of the other bands they had support them (I only liked Chris Cornell because of his Audioslave stuff. Thats was gold)

Korn may seem big to you because of the type of music you (and possibly your friends) listen to, but they're not that big, really.

Not sure how accurate this is, but RIAA states the following:

Linkin Park: 19 million certified units in sales.

Korn: 16.5 million certified units in sales.

and well...I don't see Blink 182 on the list. Correct me if I am wrong.

Bottom line is, they are all pretty well known.

You mention Linkin Park, Blink 182 or Korn, you can bet that everyone has heard of them.

Edited by rav0k