Things We Need To Know

hahninator

I decided to make a list of semi-important information LPLive is looking for about shows. This pertains to show information or perhaps a show we need the setlist for.

*Any Xero or Hybrid Theory band show dates. I think now we have the Xero shows, probably. We need some setlists and info. Live Guide is very incomplete for the year 2000. Did Hybrid Theory play a good number of shows between 1998-2000? Is that Wisconsin date real?

26.01.2001 Seattle, WA, Showbox Theatre, Street Soldier Tour

*First main LP tour of their own. They added 'High Voltage' in San Francisco. Was the setlist any different for the first few shows of the tour?

26.02.2001 Lisboa, Portugal, Coliseum, LP Supporting Deftones Tour

27.02.2001 Oporto, Portugal, Coliseum, LP Supporting Deftones Tour

*What is up with these shows? Was it really a passport issue? Was LP really scheduled to play?

24.03.2001 London, England, BBC Studios, Top of the Pops

*Did the band do any other songs here?

25.03.2001 Manchester, England, Apollo Theater, LP Supporting Deftones Tour

*Any other shows Mike and/or Chester came out on 'Head Up' by the Deftones?

14.05.2001 Tokyo, Japan, Zepp Tokyo, US To Europe Tour

15.05.2001 Osaka, Japan, IMP Hall, US To Europe Tour

*Was 'Jane Says' done at any of the Australian shows? Were their setlists the exact same except without 'Jane Says'? Was it done in Nagoya, the other Japan show?

30.05.2001 Copenhagen, Denmark, Pumphuset

*Setlist? Same as Rock am Ring / Rock im Park?

02.06.2001 Nürnberg, Germany, Eishalle, Rock im Park - Alternatent

*First time the 'In Yourself' jam was done? Any info on the origins of it? Was it really just a random jam piece? Seems too organized to be just a on-the-spot made-up jam.

09.06.2001 East Troy, WI, Alpine Valley Amphitheatre, Ozzfest

*The recording we have starts with Points. Did they really open with it? Was that the first time and/or only time ever? If so, what other times?

01.08.2001 Cleveland, OH, Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

*Full setlist. You can see other songs in the credits/interviews.

08.09.2001 Camden, NJ, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront, Reading USA

09.09.2001 Stockholm, Sweden, Solnahallen, European Headline Tour

*Band signed on for Camden before it was canceled, correct? Stockholm was planned, why was it canceled? A tour poster exists.

28.09.2001 Chula Vista, CA, Coors Amphitheatre, Rock 105.3's 'When Bands Attack'

*This date was discovered not until 2008. Any other dates LPLive is missing from this time period? Setlist for this show?

*Family Values 2001 - Did Chester come out on any of the Staind songs? A few other collab's were reported from the first few shows, are they true?

18.11.2001 Vancouver, BC, Orpheum Theater, Countdown To Revolution Tour

*No info at all about this short USA tour. Any of the setlists correct? Anything special?

04.03.2002 Los Angeles, CA, House of Blues Sunset Strip, Young Angels Concert

*Setlist? How was it in relation to Projekt Revolution? Is all of our PR02 information correct?

23.02.2003 Milan, Italy, Alcatraz, LP Underground Tour

*What is the deal with Chester that we have noted?

08.03.2003 London, England, ITV Studios, CD:UK/Headliners

*Any other songs done here?

09.04.2003 State College, PA, Bryce Jordan Center, Projekt Revolution Tour

26.04.2003 Rapid City, SD, Rushmore Plaza Civic Center, Projekt Revolution Tour

*Beginning of tour versus end of tour setlist. Do we have any info wrong? Is this really the way it was done?

27.06.2003 Las Vegas, NV, Hard Rock Hotel's The Joint, Boost Mobile Pro of Skateboarding

*Setlist? Summer Sanitarium's setlist?

21.08.2003 London, England, Royal Lancaster Hotel, Kerrang Awards 2003

*Faint, A.06, and From The Inside, correct?

05.12.2003 New York City, NY, Hammerstein Ballroom, KROCK Clause Fest

07.12.2003 Pittsburgh, PA, A.J. Palumbo Center, 1059 The X's Kick Ass X-Mas

08.12.2003 Indianapolis, IN, Pepsi Coliseum, X-103's Not So Silent Night

11.12.2003 Seattle, WA, Moore Theatre, 1077 The End's Deck The Hall Ball

*All these setlists were the same? Do we have the correct ones? AFI lead singer came out on OSC at one?

17.06.2004 Wanchai, Hong Kong, HK Convention And Exhibition Centre Hall 3, Southeast Asia Tour

*P5hng Me A*wy? Was it done at this show? One-off performance?

30.07.2004 Holmdel, NJ, PNC Bank Arts Center, Projekt Revolution Tour

*Need setlist verification and info about Jay on 'One Step Closer'. Was 'A Place For My Head' done for the first time on the tour in Mansfield?

xx.03.2007 Burbank, CA, Third Encore, Best Buy Music Performance, Tour Rehearsals

xx.03.2007 Burbank, CA, Third Encore, Stripped Music Performance, Tour Rehearsals

xx.03.2007 Burbank, CA, Third Encore, Wal-Mart Soundcheck Performance, Tour Rehearsals

xx.03.2007 Burbank, CA, Third Encore, AT&T Blue Room Performance, Tour Rehearsals

xx.03.2007 Burbank, CA, Third Encore, Third Encore Performance, Tour Rehearsals

14.03.2007 Burbank, CA, Third Encore, AOL Sessions Performance, Tour Rehearsals

*Need dates/verification on venue/info.

18.05.2007 West Hollywood, CA, House of Blues Sunset Strip, Jimmy Kimmel Live

*Setlist?

08.09.2007 Las Vegas, NV, Summer Stage @ Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas

*Need setlist verification (what was over Points?) and info about Chester messing up 'One Step Closer'.

---------------------------------------------

FORT MINOR

27.08.2005 Miami, FL, The Mansion, Rolling Stones VMA Pre-Party Show

*Same setlist as the previous few shows?

29.10.2005 Los Angeles, CA, Dodger Stadium, MySpace's 2nd Anniversary Party

*Need setlist verification.

xx.11.2005 Los Angeles, California, Sessions @ AOL

*Any other songs rehearsed?

03.11.2005 Universal City, CA, Universal Amphitheatre, Opening for Mos Def

*Setlist confirmation needed.

09.11.2005 Yokohama, Japan, Yokohama Blitz

*Same setlist as Mean Fiddler (London)?

01.06.2001 Nürnberg, Germany, Frankenstadion, Rock im Park - Center Stage

*Does LP have the full proshot video or access to it?

That's a tough question, it might be very hard to find out who knows all about that. Probably someone from Warner. For example MTV Germany featured clips of Wantagh 2001 and Kings College 2001, the have to have that from somewhere, very likely from Warner. Since KC was for example a Warner internal promo.

*Any other songs done?

Just look at the facts I added recently, It's more than sure they played more.

11.08.2003 Los Angeles, CA, Jimmy Kimmel Show

*Setlist?

The setlist can be seen in the video, you can barely see it but it looks a lot like the SS setlist.

I got this info from someone in the LPU who was at this show, I'm 99,9% certain that it is correct.

01.06.2001 Nürnberg, Germany, Frankenstadion, Rock im Park - Center Stage

*Does LP have the full proshot video or access to it?

That's a tough question, it might be very hard to find out who knows all about that. Probably someone from Warner. For example MTV Germany featured clips of Wantagh 2001 and Kings College 2001, the have to have that from somewhere, very likely from Warner. Since KC was for example a Warner internal promo.

*Any other songs done?

Just look at the facts I added recently, It's more than sure they played more.

11.08.2003 Los Angeles, CA, Jimmy Kimmel Show

*Setlist?

The setlist can be seen in the video, you can barely see it but it looks a lot like the SS setlist.

I got this info from someone in the LPU who was at this show, I'm 99,9% certain that it is correct.

Can we come up with a list of incomplete proshot shows? Perhaps a list of the ones like Rock im Park, etc, and then another for all the shows that have had clips of the first 3 songs shown live. I think it'd be time consuming but worth it to get that list in case we ever had the opportunity to pursue that information in the future.

Which video is the Kimmel setlist in? Faint, Don't Stay, or Numb? Whichever one it is, can you get me a screenshot from the highest quality you have it in? Thanks.

26.01.2001 Seattle, WA, Showbox Theatre, Street Soldier Tour

*First main LP tour of their own. They added 'High Voltage' in San Francisco. Was the setlist any different for the first few shows of the tour?

I don't think High Voltage was just added for San Francisco, the part where they're working on it on the Fillmore documentary seems to indicate that they'd been playing it, Chester was just experimenting with the echo effect on his vocal parts for the first time. On my list of LP live songs with the first/last performances, I've always had High Voltage as 1/26/01 for the first performance.

08.09.2001 Camden, NJ, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront, Reading USA

09.09.2001 Stockholm, Sweden, Solnahallen, European Headline Tour

*Band signed on for Camden before it was canceled, correct? Stockholm was planned, why was it canceled? A tour poster exists.

I think that's the case for Reading USA. No idea about Stockholm though.

12.09.2001 Berlin, Germany, Columbiahalle, European Headline Tour

*'The Morning After' done due to 9/11? Was it done any other time that tour? Was this the last performance of it? That entire European Headline Tour - was the setlist the same as Berlin except without 'The Morning After'?

I always kind of made that assumption, that Chester did Morning After at this show because of 9/11. And the setlist for that tour did change at least a little bit, they added My December for the last few shows.

17.03.2003 Detroit, MI, State Theatre, MTV 2$ Bill, LP Underground Tour

*Normal setlist was done and the video was edited, correct?

Correct.

17.06.2004 Wanchai, Hong Kong, HK Convention And Exhibition Centre Hall 3, Southeast Asia Tour

*P5hng Me A*wy? Was it done at this show? One-off performance or was it for all the Asian dates?

It definitely wasn't done at all the Asian dates, I know people who were at both the Jakarta and Singapore shows and they've told me it was the same set as Rock Am Ring. Since those were the first and last shows of the Asian leg of that tour, I kind of doubt that P5HNG ME A*WY was played in Hong Kong.

10.08.2006 Tokyo, Japan, Zepp Tokyo

*Same setlist as Sendai?

I think someone actually posted a Zepp setlist after the show, because I seem to remember hearing about QWERTY/RME before the first Summer Sonic show, and we definitely knew about them before any video clips were posted.

07.09.2007 Las Vegas, NV, Venetian Hotel's Tao Beach Club (Halo 3 / VMA Party)

08.09.2007 Las Vegas, NV, Summer Stage @ Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas

*Need setlist verification and info about Chester messing up 'One Step Closer'.

Setlist for the Halo 3 party is pretty verified since the MTV website pretty clearly said they only played 3 songs and said what they were. No idea about Chester leaving out the OSC verse though since there isn't a recording of it. As for Hard Rock, no idea, it's like Jimmy Kimmel '07 all over again and nobody who was there can agree on the setlist.

• 1 month later...

04.06.2001 London, England, Brixton Academy

*First time 'The Morning After' was done live? Why this show to debut it?

Offering us the choice between hearing his solo acoustic rendition of Jane’s Addiction’s “Jane Says” or one of his own compositions, the crowd elects the latter, and he strums his way through “The Morning After”, a song “written about sleeping in my car”.

Source: http://www.phase9.tv/musicreviews/linkinpark-c.shtml

P.S. I'll add this info to the show page later.

I dont know if they had started the DSP then, did they???

yeah, they did. they recorded every show, they have admitted it and given some balloney "copyright" excuse, which may be true. i atleast want an explanation, i want to live through the experience again. this was after the Projekt Revolution 07 tour, so they had definately started releasing the DSPs!

yeah, they did. they recorded every show, they have admitted it and given some balloney "copyright" excuse, which may be true. i atleast want an explanation, i want to live through the experience again. this was after the Projekt Revolution 07 tour, so they had definately started releasing the DSPs!

the first dsp was sold at nottingham January 2008

not really info, but access to the DPS's of the Australia / NZ tour of 2007 .. atleast a proper reason for why we can not get them, really they would make alot of money off of it coz this is the tour where Chester broke his wrist..aw well!

It has to do not with the main label itself but the smaller, individual label that is based in the country itself. For instance not Warner Bros itself but Warner Music Australia. They are the ones that said selling the live CDs would take away from album sales, so you couldn't sell the live CDs in Australia. I think that's stupid but it does make sense. After you see LP tear the place the fuck down, many go to the merch booth and say "Oh dang let's buy MTM" etc since they liked the show so much.

Lame but that's how it happened. Even Metallica couldn't sell their shows there ONLINE, and they do it for every show they do, but not in Australia/New Zealand. Incredible, I guess they have a lot of power (Warner) in Australia/New Zealand.

I wish LP would sell their shit online so at least we could get every European recording. That's so stupid some of the Euro shows this year weren't sold. I know a few of the reasons why but oh well.

I wish LP would sell their shit online so at least we could get every European recording. That's so stupid some of the Euro shows this year weren't sold. I know a few of the reasons why but oh well.

what were the reasons?

• 2 months later...

20.10.2001 Toronto, ON, SkyDome, Family Values Tour: What happened with Brad? when he should walk he jumps on his left foot and holds his right foot in the air. He is also sitting pretty often

Brad played the entire Family Values Tour with a broken foot. That's been a well-known fact for years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It definitely wasn't done at all the Asian dates, I know people who were at both the Jakarta and Singapore shows and they've told me it was the same set as Rock Am Ring. Since those were the first and last shows of the Asian leg of that tour, I kind of doubt that P5HNG ME A*WY was played in Hong Kong.

Bangkok same as Rock am Ring, confirmed by Yeast when i asked him some minutes ago.