Mike Leaking RTN

hahninator

http://web.archive.org/web/20060205061408/...ohn-legend.html

"Remember the Name" will be the first single the project releases.

"It's a song that sums up where we're coming from with the album and the project," Shinoda explained. "So if you were to look for the record out there on the Internet, look for that [song] first."

Does that mean Shinoda is supportive enough of Internet downloading to say where tracks might appear?

"You're gonna have to be creative," he smiled. "I'm not going to tell people where to look."

So do you believe Mike personally leaked Remember The Name to an LP fansite in 2005? Or instructed a fellow co-worker to do it?

In my opinion...hell yes. The guy is pretty fucking creative. Every day I read something new about Mike that makes me like the guy even more.

"It's a song that sums up where we're coming from with the album and the project," Shinoda explained. "So if you were to look for the record out there on the Internet, look for that [song] first."

Does that mean Shinoda is supportive enough of Internet downloading to say where tracks might appear?

"You're gonna have to be creative," he smiled. "I'm not going to tell people where to look."

So do you believe Mike personally leaked Remember The Name to an LP fansite in 2005? Or instructed a fellow co-worker to do it?

In my opinion...hell yes. The guy is pretty fucking creative. Every day I read something new about Mike that makes me like the guy even more.

/mancrush

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I heard somewhere that Mike kept the We Major mixtape on some Myspace page way before it was actually released. Is that true?

• 1 month later...

It isn't unusual for an artist to leak a track onto the internet so that more people can hear it and get a feel for it before the full project is released. It is a good tactic atually. So I wouldn't be suprised if Mike did it, especially for Fort Minor. I'm sure he would have heard about the tactic from other artists he had worked with/toured with/met so perhaps it was to test it out to see how well it works in case later in Linkin Park's life they need to resort to such tatics (though we all know that wont ever be nesessary, especially with their new found creativity with MTM haha)

It isn't unusual for an artist to leak a track onto the internet so that more people can hear it and get a feel for it before the full project is released. It is a good tactic atually. So I wouldn't be suprised if Mike did it, especially for Fort Minor. I'm sure he would have heard about the tactic from other artists he had worked with/toured with/met so perhaps it was to test it out to see how well it works in case later in Linkin Park's life they need to resort to such tatics (though we all know that wont ever be nesessary, especially with their new found creativity with MTM haha)

I agree with you. I think a majority of people would take the opportunity to get the song for free, take everyone wanting Blackbirds to leak as an example, people are hoping for a leak so they can ge tit and not have to pay for it later on.

I agree with you. I think a majority of people would take the opportunity to get the song for free, take everyone wanting Blackbirds to leak as an example, people are hoping for a leak so they can ge tit and not have to pay for it later on.

It is a common occurrence, people always wait for leaks to show up. No matter who they are following, leaks are always the highlight of a band releasing for most people.

Fortunately for some bands, there are some people who buy music still. I think I'm one of the few people to still buy CDs!

Fortunately for some bands, there are some people who buy music still. I think I'm one of the few people to still buy CDs!

My brother still buys CD's and he even buys cheap CD's of bands he hasn't even heard but are in his favourite genre.

My brother still buys CD's and he even buys cheap CD's of bands he hasn't even heard but are in his favourite genre.

Good to hear I'm not the only one left on this earth! haha!

Most people who buy a lot of CDs do that. Not to mention, how can you go wrong with $1 cds? I picked up Further Seems Forever's Hide Nothing for $1. Yeah I know it isn't an amazing album but certainly worth more then $1.

I also buy a lot of local bands EPs and Demos. It's always good to keep up to date with the local scene!

yeah, maybe if mike told chester how he leaked RTN, Out Of Ashes would have had better sales lol