2008 Tour Summary

hahninator

Well, since Linkin Park is finished touring for this year (as it seems), t's time to work on the 2008 Tour Summary page! You can find the 2007 one (http://lplive.net/2007summary.php), as well as all the others, at the top of each individual year page.

Here's where I take some suggestions from you guys. I can handle the audience recordings and the proshot recordings, no problem. Canceled shows are fine too. I can write a summary too, but if anyone feels the need to do one or contribute some information for it, then just simply post a reply. I'm not lazy, I'm just trying to get user input on the site, which is more of what we will be focusing on for LPLive Version 4.0. Thanks for all your help.

I also just noticed that the 2007 touring bands might not be as complete as I thought. I have Dir En Grey for the Japanese shows, but did any of the other Asian shows have an opening band? Does that list look full to you? Also, if you see any other mistakes in any of the other touring summaries, please let us know. Enjoy your weekend! I'm actually seeing Three Days Grace tomorrow, so I hope you're having a blast as well.

edit:

got all the touring bands I need!

16.01.2008 Hannover - Disco Ensemble

17.01.2008 Amnéville - Vegastar

18.01.2008 Basel - NO OPENING ACT

20.01.2008 Frankfurt - Disco Ensemble

21.01.2008 Köln - Disco Ensemble

22.01.2008 Paris - Biffy Clyro

24.01.2008 Nottingham - Biffy Clyro

25.01.2008 Sheffield - Biffy Clyro

27.01.2008 Manchester - Biffy Clyro

28.01.2008 London - Biffy Clyro

29.01.2008 London - Biffy Clyro

05.06.2008 Skive - Queens Of The Stone Age, Nephew, Volbeat, Big Fat Snake

07.06.2008 Lisboa - The Offspring, Muse, Kaiser Chiefs, Orishas

07.06.2008 Madrid - Lost Prophets, The Blackout, Nunnery, Julien-K (CANCELED)

10.06.2008 Vilnius - The Blackout

11.06.2008 Riga - The Blackout

13.06.2008 Seinajoki - Coheed And Cambria, CMX (LP PLAYED BEFORE THIS BAND)

17.06.2008 Brno - Enter Shikari

18.06.2008 Graz - Enter Shikari

20.06.2008 Venezia - Sex Pistols, Iggy And The Stooges, Chris Cornell (CANCELED), Paramore

21.06.2008 München - H.I.M., N.E.R.D., The Used, The Blackout

22.06.2008 Dublin - Queens Of The Stone Age, Coheed And Cambria

24.06.2008 Mannheim - Enter Shikari

25.06.2008 Athens - The Blackout

27.06.2008 Berlin - H.I.M., N.E.R.D.

28.06.2008 Düsseldorf - H.I.M., N.E.R.D., The Used, The Bravery, Inner Party System

29.06.2008 Milton Keynes - Jay-Z, Pendulum, N.E.R.D., Enter Shikari, The Bravery, Inner Party System

2008 was another pretty big year for Linkin Park. They kicked off the Minutes To Midnight arena tour in Hannover, Germany on January 16th and premiered some new songs such as Valentine's Day and a short cover of The Cure's 'Just Like Heaven' featuring Mike playing the keyboard and doing vocals. They also brought back A Place For My Head back into the setlist. They played some big venues in Europe such as the London 02 Arena two nights in a row. They then kicked off the American leg of the tour kicking it off in Omaha, NE. They focused on cities that they haven't hit in a while, such as Manchester, NH, Lexington, KY, Sacramento, CA and Nashville, TN. They played in some big venues such as Madison Square Garden in NYC and the Staples Center in LA. They premiered In Between during this tour as well. Unfortunately, Chester got turcheobronchitis in the middle of the American leg and the band was forced to cancel dates in Albuquerque, NM and El Paso, TX, later to make up the date in Albuquerque. After the last date in Sacramento, CA on March 10th, the band took a break until June. Chester peformed at the annual Club Tattoo party, but this time premiering two songs from his Dead By Sunrise project called 'Walking In Circles' and 'My Suffering'. The band also released a single with Busta Rhymes entitled 'We Made It' in May. The band played a secret show in their rehearsal space to about 14 fans. They premiered 'We Made It' and after the show, fake setlists started floating around the internet, rumored from this show. They contained songs like 'No Roads Left' and 'Announcement Service Public', which never turned out to be true. In June, the band headed for Europe once again for a Summer tour. The band played in a lot of countries that they haven't played in for a while, or haven't played ever. The band played in countries such as Lithuania, Spain, Greece, a make up date in Italy at the Heineken Jammin' Festival, Austria and Ireland for example. Unfortunately, the band was forced to cancel dates in Sweden and Switzerland due to Brad having an ear infection. The band also brought back Reading My Eyes at some shows, some of the more noticeable performances are in Lithuania and Germany. The band then debuted for the first time, Projekt Revolution in Europe! They played dates in Berlin, Germany, Dusseldorf, Germany and Milton Keynes, GB before ending their European run. The band then took about a week and half off, and then headed for Canada to headline Edgefest with Stone Temple Pilots on July 12 and performed at the festival de Quebec the next day. The band then kicked off Projekt Revolution in the US with Chris Cornell, The Bravery, Busta Rhymes, Ashes divide, The Street Drum Corps., Atreyu, 10 Years, Hawthorne Heights and Armor For Sleep. The tour kicked off in Mansfield, MA on July 16th and ended the tour on July 24th in Woodlands, TX. Chester performed with Chris Cornell every night on the song 'Hunger Strike' as well as Chris returning the favor on 'Crawling'. Chester also performed the song 'The Outsider' with Ashes divide a couple times as well. Unfortunately, Busta Rhymes was forced to leave the tour because his label dropped him. The last performance of 'We Made It' was in Holmdel, NJ Street Drum Corps. also did a short drum solo every night at the beginning of LP's set, as well as helping out on Bleed It Out. After Projekt Revolution ended, the band was scheduled to play a show in Las Vegas for the verizon mash-up contest winner, as well as dates in Asia for Music For Relief, but ended up having to cancel the dates because of Chester suffering from a back injury. The band is finishing out the year by releasing a new CD/DVD pack of the Milton Keynes show, scheduled for release on November 24th internationally and November 25th in America. The band will start working on and recording the new album in November at the Indigo Ranch Studio's in Malibu, CA.

2008 was another pretty big year for Linkin Park. They kicked off the Minutes To Midnight arena tour in Hannover, Germany on January 16th and premiered some new songs such as Valentine's Day and a short cover of The Cure's 'Just Like Heaven' featuring Mike playing the keyboard and doing vocals. They also brought back A Place For My Head back into the setlist. They played some big venues in Europe such as the London 02 Arena two nights in a row. They then kicked off the American leg of the tour kicking it off in Omaha, NE. They focused on cities that they haven't hit in a while, such as Manchester, NH, Lexington, KY, Sacramento, CA and Nashville, TN. They played in some big venues such as Madison Square Garden in NYC and the Staples Center in LA. They premiered In Between during this tour as well. Unfortunately, Chester got turcheobronchitis in the middle of the American leg and the band was forced to cancel dates in Albuquerque, NM and El Paso, TX, later to make up the date in Albuquerque. After the last date in Sacramento, CA on March 10th, the band took a break until June. Chester peformed at the annual Club Tattoo party, but this time premiering two songs from his Dead By Sunrise project called 'Walking In Circles' and 'My Suffering'. The band also released a single with Busta Rhymes entitled 'We Made It' in May. In June, the band headed for Europe once again for a Summer tour. The band played in a lot of countries that they haven't played in for a while, or haven't played ever. The band played in countries such as Lithuania, Spain, Greece, a make up date in Italy at the Heineken Jammin' Festival, Austria and Ireland for example. Unfortunately, the band was forced to cancel dates in Sweden and Switzerland due to Brad having an ear infection. The band then debuted for the first time, Projekt Revolution in Europe! They played dates in Berlin, Germany, Dusseldorf, Germany and Milton Keynes, GB before ending their European run. The band then took about a week and half off, and then headed for Canada to headline Edgefest with Stone Temple Pilots on July 12 and performed at the festival de Quebec the next day. The band then kicked off Projekt Revolution in the US with Chris Cornell, The Bravery, Busta Rhymes, Ashes divide, The Street Drum Corps., Atreyu, 10 Years, Hawthorne Heights and Armor For Sleep. The tour kicked off in Mansfield, MA on July 16th and ended on July 24th in Woodlands, TX. Chester performed with Chris Cornell every night on the song 'Hunger Strike' as well as Chris returning the favor on 'Crawling'. Chester also performed the song 'The Outsider' with Ashes divide a couple times as well. After Projekt Revolution ended, the band was scheduled to play a show in Las Vegas for the verizon mash-up contest winner, as well as dates in Asia for Music For Relief, but ended up having to cancel the dates because of Chester suffering from a back injury. The band also chose the show from Milton Keynes to be a live CD/DVD which will be released later on this year.

Man thats really awesome!

The band then debuted for the first time, Projekt Revolution in Europe! They played dates in Berlin, Germany, Dusseldorf, Germany and Milton Keynes, GB before ending their European run.

You should add here Munich, because it was the first PR in Europe and also the largest one ever.

But rest: Insane!!

All 4 Japan '07 shows were Dir En Grey/Yellowcard as the opening bands. The opening bands in Bangkok were Futon, Retrospect, Slot Machine, and Ebola, but I think that's already mentioned on the show info page.

I was at this show, may I correct it a bit? Because some of these bands didn't even play the same day as LP (5 day festival).

It's like this:

05.06.2008 Skive - Queens Of The Stone Age, Magtens Korridorer, Rock Hard Power Spray

I was at this show, may I correct it a bit? Because some of these bands didn't even play the same day as LP (5 day festival).

It's like this:

05.06.2008 Skive - Queens Of The Stone Age, Magtens Korridorer, Rock Hard Power Spray

Have you recorded some LP songs at that show? I ask because we have really nothing from that show.

2008 was another pretty big year for Linkin Park. They kicked off the Minutes To Midnight arena tour in Hannover, Germany on January 16th and premiered some new songs such as Valentine's Day and a short cover of The Cure's 'Just Like Heaven' featuring Mike playing the keyboard and doing vocals. They also brought back A Place For My Head back into the setlist. They played some big venues in Europe such as the London 02 Arena two nights in a row. They then kicked off the American leg of the tour kicking it off in Omaha, NE. They focused on cities that they haven't hit in a while, such as Manchester, NH, Lexington, KY, Sacramento, CA and Nashville, TN. They played in some big venues such as Madison Square Garden in NYC and the Staples Center in LA. They premiered In Between during this tour as well. Unfortunately, Chester got turcheobronchitis in the middle of the American leg and the band was forced to cancel dates in Albuquerque, NM and El Paso, TX, later to make up the date in Albuquerque. After the last date in Sacramento, CA on March 10th, the band took a break until June. Chester peformed at the annual Club Tattoo party, but this time premiering two songs from his Dead By Sunrise project called 'Walking In Circles' and 'My Suffering'. The band also released a single with Busta Rhymes entitled 'We Made It' in May. In June, the band headed for Europe once again for a Summer tour. The band played in a lot of countries that they haven't played in for a while, or haven't played ever. The band played in countries such as Lithuania, Spain, Greece, a make up date in Italy at the Heineken Jammin' Festival, Austria and Ireland for example. Unfortunately, the band was forced to cancel dates in Sweden and Switzerland due to Brad having an ear infection. The band then debuted for the first time, Projekt Revolution in Europe! They played dates in Berlin, Germany, Dusseldorf, Germany and Milton Keynes, GB before ending their European run. The band then took about a week and half off, and then headed for Canada to headline Edgefest with Stone Temple Pilots on July 12 and performed at the festival de Quebec the next day. The band then kicked off Projekt Revolution in the US with Chris Cornell, The Bravery, Busta Rhymes, Ashes divide, The Street Drum Corps., Atreyu, 10 Years, Hawthorne Heights and Armor For Sleep. The tour kicked off in Mansfield, MA on July 16th and ended on July 24th in Woodlands, TX. Chester performed with Chris Cornell every night on the song 'Hunger Strike' as well as Chris returning the favor on 'Crawling'. Chester also performed the song 'The Outsider' with Ashes divide a couple times as well. After Projekt Revolution ended, the band was scheduled to play a show in Las Vegas for the verizon mash-up contest winner, as well as dates in Asia for Music For Relief, but ended up having to cancel the dates because of Chester suffering from a back injury. The band also chose the show from Milton Keynes to be a live CD/DVD which will be released later on this year.

you forgot a few things:

1. This isnt 100% neccessary, but the low quality pro-shot that Clark Kent got from the jones beach show by filming the screen should be mentioned.

2. The secret show in LA where the "fake" setlists said to have come from.

3. Reading my eyes returning in Europe.

4. How busta rhymes got kicked out of the tour.

I think thats everything...

you forgot a few things:

1. This isnt 100% neccessary, but the low quality pro-shot that Clark Kent got from the jones beach show by filming the screen should be mentioned.

2. The secret show in LA where the "fake" setlists said to have come from.

3. Reading my eyes returning in Europe.

4. How busta rhymes got kicked out of the tour.

I think thats everything...

There...I added all that stuff except for the 1st thing because I didn't find that necessary at all to LP's touring cycle of 2008. A lot of shows have been recorded by fans, what makes the NY so special??

when reading about the cancelled show in Sweden I still get pissed off (I was there).

But it looks good.

Thank you. I can't even imagine how pissed I would be if LP cancelled a show I was going to. I feel bad for Sweden. Everytime they book dates there they always cancel.