A Benefit for Chi Cheng

hahninator

LPLive is not a blog about all sorts of music projects outside of LP, but I thought this one was worth the mention. Chi Cheng from the Deftones was in an accident and needs your help. The Deftones and LP are very good friends as you can see from them touring together for so long as well as how Chester's kids hang out with the band occasionally and their helping out with Reanimation.

From Deftones.com:

"On November 2nd, 2008 our bass player and brother Chi Ling Cheng was involved in a horrific car accident which has left him in a semi-conscious state. In his journey to recovery, the Cheng family has accumulated an overwhelming amount of medical bills that insurance does not entirely cover.

As a result, we will begin our mission to raise significant funds to help ensure Chi’s recovery by playing a benefit show at the Avalon in Hollywood, CA on 11/19. Tickets will go on-sale for our fans this Wednesday, 10/28 with a general on-sale to follow on Friday, 10/30. All proceeds will go to the Chi Ling Cheng Special Needs Trust that has been set up by the Cheng family to help pay for the growing medical costs required for Chi’s survival and recovery.

In the event that you do not live in Los Angeles, or you don’t end up getting a ticket for the show, we will be launching a series of online auctions, an online store and making available other opportunities for you to make a donation to the Trust. More details will come soon.

We have the best fans in the world and Chi values all of you greatly. Please continue to show your unwavering support by helping with this very important cause."

We wish Chi & the Deftones the best and hope for a speedy recovery ASAP.

Brian "Head" Welch, Korn's former guitarist posted this back in August.

"

ONE OF MY OLD FRIENDS FROM THE BAND "DEFTONES" WAS IN A MAJOR CAR

ACCIDENT LAST NOVEMBER. HIS NAME IS CHI CHENG. CHI WAS IN A COMA,

BUT HAS COME OUT OF IT. HE'S IS SLOWLY PROGRESSING, BUT NOT FAST

ENOUGH FOR HIS INSURANCE COMPANY. THEY DISCONTINUED HIS INSURANCE

AND HIS FAMILY NEEDS HELP. PLEASE BUY ONE OF THESE SHIRTS!!! EVERY CENT GOES TO CHI'S FAMILY. WE HAVE DUDE SIZES AND GIRL SIZES. BUY ONE FOR YOURSELF, YOUR WIFE OR HUBBY OR CHILD, FRIEND OR FOE. PLEASE JUST BUY AS MANY AS U CAN BECAUSE HE NEEDS US. CHI IS PROBABLY THE NICEST ROCK STAR ON THE PLANET. HELP HIM NOW!!! THANKS

http://www.drivenmusicstore.net/ProductDet...uctCode=Charity

HEAD"

So, apparently he is in fact out of the coma now but you can see the rest. They (insurance companies) weren't getting the money they wanted in time and pulled his insurance away from him. It's pretty sad when you are part of a signed band and can't afford the medical bills. Makes me want the health care plan to come even more.

Edited by rav0k

Fuck that; it's already fucked up, Obama will make the damn thing worse. Obama has done zero things positive for this country since he got into office.

LOL, you obviously don't know the type of Democracy or how how this government is run. Obama doesn't have any special power. He's just someone that takes all the blame when in reality he has no greater power to than any other branch. Blame the Congress and the judicial branch just as much as obama.

anyways... I wish a speedy recovery to a talented human being

Thanks, Hahninator. Much respect from the Deftones fans' community.

By the way, if you really want to know...

Deftones are my number one band, I catch every new video surfacing on the web. Deftones recent live performances were actually the best in a great while, since Chino got finally rid of his fat, they look and sound energic, Sergio Vega ( replacing bassist ) looks confortable with them now.

Of course, Deftones miss Chi but they deal with the thing with courage.

Funny you say that since I took AP US History last year and am currently in American Government, Constitutional Law and US History again, lol.

He's actually right. The president does not have full power. Obama's only mistake was PROMISING change, but he had to do so to get elected. Every president does this. If they say they will "try" and the other guy says they WILL do something, the other guy will win because of how simple minded people are. It's not even been a full year yet, you can't expect everything to be finished. (It was pretty lame for him to get a Nobel Peace award...I will admit that) If the health care bill is passed within this year, that indicates to me that it's rushed and will be fucked over completely.

I don't see why you think it will make things worse. You would rather pay $15,000 for injuring your toe and having surgery on it? You can't deny the fact that we pay way too much just to survive.

I have never been a strong person for politics but I notice the same thing no matter what president is elected. There is always a "flaw", always. No one is perfect or ever will be. This health care plan should be the least of someones worries. When you look more into where our tax money is spent as of right now, I think you would change your standpoint some. At least with health care, our taxes are going to something useful.

Edited by rav0k

Fuck that; it's already fucked up, Obama will make the damn thing worse. Obama has done zero things positive for this country since he got into office.

Obama as president was a mistake IMO. He won because of celebrities and young adults, buying into the concept of change without looking at credentials. He didn't do damn thing before he ran for office either.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

Obama as president was a mistake IMO. He won because of celebrities and young adults, buying into the concept of change without looking at credentials. He didn't do damn thing before he ran for office either.

I agree wholeheartedly. I am definitely not a fan of Obama, but I don't want to start a political debate or anything, I'm just saying. I'm also not saying that I'd rather have voted for McCain either though. I didn't really like anyone that ran in the 08 Election to be honest. I don't even really ever care for politics but it's annoying when people think Obama is some kind of savior sent down from the heavens because he is young and people thought it was 'cool' to vote for him.

It's annoying when people think Obama is some kind of savior sent down from the heavens because he is young and people thought it was 'cool' to vote for him.

You could use that same argument for people who think it's cool to hate him for something not 100% in his control, just like people did with Bush.

I agree wholeheartedly. I am definitely not a fan of Obama, but I don't want to start a political debate or anything, I'm just saying. I'm also not saying that I'd rather have voted for McCain either though. I didn't really like anyone that ran in the 08 Election to be honest. I don't even really ever care for politics but it's annoying when people think Obama is some kind of savior sent down from the heavens because he is young and people thought it was 'cool' to vote for him.

maybe he isnt doing so good in usa, but for sure it feels like a savior for the rest of the world -_-' after all what bush did to the world

He's actually right. The president does not have full power. Obama's only mistake was PROMISING change, but he had to do so to get elected. Every president does this. If they say they will "try" and the other guy says they WILL do something, the other guy will win because of how simple minded people are. It's not even been a full year yet, you can't expect everything to be finished. (It was pretty lame for him to get a Nobel Peace award...I will admit that) If the health care bill is passed within this year, that indicates to me that it's rushed and will be fucked over completely.

I don't see why you think it will make things worse. You would rather pay $15,000 for injuring your toe and having surgery on it? You can't deny the fact that we pay way too much just to survive.

I have never been a strong person for politics but I notice the same thing no matter what president is elected. There is always a "flaw", always. No one is perfect or ever will be. This health care plan should be the least of someones worries. When you look more into where our tax money is spent as of right now, I think you would change your standpoint some. At least with health care, our taxes are going to something useful.

I agree comepletely. And I feel republicans are just trying too hard to find these "flaws" and instead of thinking of something that might work as an alternative to what they disagree with, they rant...and rant....and rant...

But this shouldn't be a debate forum anyway. It's about Chi. And with Obama or not, he needs our help.

Edited by MarathonMan