Dead By Sunrise USA Thread

hahninator

a question just popped into my head.

Show intros. What do you think? You think the guys will create like some sort of intro to build into the opening song? A guitar intro? Drums?

I think they will just use Fire as an opener. The song has like it's own kind of intro, probably why it's the first song on OOA as well as the opener for the set at Stuttgart.

I will be highly surprised if they do a cover, I'm willing to bet money that they won't. I don't get why everyone is assuming they will. DBS isn't BOW and especially now that they have a full length album coming out, why would they play a cover? They're opening which means a short set and they have 13 tracks to choose from (Including Morning After) so I'm almost positive they'll select the best songs from the album to play.

I agree!

I will be highly surprised if they do a cover, I'm willing to bet money that they won't. I don't get why everyone is assuming they will. DBS isn't BOW and especially now that they have a full length album coming out, why would they play a cover? They're opening which means a short set and they have 13 tracks to choose from (Including Morning After) so I'm almost positive they'll select the best songs from the album to play.

DBS opening a festival show won't be any kind of indicator whatsoever of what their setlists will be like when they're doing their own tour. Julien-K played before DBS at Club Tattoo so I'm pretty sure the same will happen on the tour.

DBS isn't BOW, but Ryan and Chester being in both bands is more than enough reason to think they'll play a cover. Both of them absolutely love playing covers. Orgy's biggest hit was a cover, Julien-K has a cover on their album, Chester plays covers all the time when he makes guest appearances...at the very least, I expect them to do a new take on a Grey Daze or Linkin Park song. Mike played It's Goin' Down and a couple LP songs in his Fort Minor shows, so I don't see why DBS wouldn't do the same.

xD would be pretty cool if jk plays before dbs, in that case i guess they can end the show with technical difficulties, then start with the dbs songs... XD or made some weird like chester singing the last jk song then start with dbs

i dont think they can play lp songs, they're less members. unless they play a song in a different way (like acoustic *-*) i think it's a little bit hard. anyway i bet they will play a cover from a old song

DBS opening a festival show won't be any kind of indicator whatsoever of what their setlists will be like when they're doing their own tour. Julien-K played before DBS at Club Tattoo so I'm pretty sure the same will happen on the tour.

DBS isn't BOW, but Ryan and Chester being in both bands is more than enough reason to think they'll play a cover. Both of them absolutely love playing covers. Orgy's biggest hit was a cover, Julien-K has a cover on their album, Chester plays covers all the time when he makes guest appearances...at the very least, I expect them to do a new take on a Grey Daze or Linkin Park song. Mike played It's Goin' Down and a couple LP songs in his Fort Minor shows, so I don't see why DBS wouldn't do the same.

I actually wouldn't want Julien-K to play an LP song, and I also doubt that it will ever happen with DBS.... *lol* It's not like they could freestyle raps from an LP song over some sampled beats, like Mike did when he covered an LP song in Fort Minor. There would be more factors, e.g. they don't have Mr. Hahn, and DBS have a keyboarder that plays some crazy synthie effects, and not the stuff that Mike plays when he's playing the keyboard. And Ryan and Amir have totally different-sounding guitars--I just can't for the hell of it imagine them to ever play an LP song, and hope it will never happen *lol*

i dont think they can play lp songs, they're less members.

Uhh...Linkin Park has 6 members, and Dead By Sunrise has 6 members.

I actually wouldn't want Julien-K to play an LP song, and I also doubt that it will ever happen with DBS.... *lol* It's not like they could freestyle raps from an LP song over some sampled beats, like Mike did when he covered an LP song in Fort Minor. There would be more factors, e.g. they don't have Mr. Hahn, and DBS have a keyboarder that plays some crazy synthie effects, and not the stuff that Mike plays when he's playing the keyboard. And Ryan and Amir have totally different-sounding guitars--I just can't for the hell of it imagine them to ever play an LP song, and hope it will never happen *lol*

Which is exactly why I said they'd do a new take on an LP song. There are plenty of LP songs without rapping, and Fu does a lot of sampled stuff just like Mr. Hahn does anyway, he doesn't just play keyboards. Ryan and Amir's guitar tone in DBS isn't all that different from LP's - they even used LP's amps during their performances on this past tour.

Chester is the voice of Linkin Park. Provided they do a song that doesn't have rapping in it, everything else is secondary and doesn't matter nearly as much.

I have a feeling they'll play Anything, Anything though. Just a hunch. Chester obviously LOVES that song, he covered it with both Grey Daze and Bucket of Weenies.

Edited by Astat

Pre show and post show LPL meetup. I'll get the exact info later on. Probably an hour before the doors open meet at the box office, and meet 20 mins after the final act. I'll stay for the full show of course. You paid money, you might as well see it all.

I say: Fire, CBI, My Suffering, Morning After, Walking In Circles, and a cover. Maybe if they do 8 songs then add Let Down and In The Darkness.

If Let Down is a single, why wud that be an extra?? People keep leaving it out of the predictions forgetting that's it's the lead single in Europe.

so this show is DEF gonna be aired on MTV week after the show. and from this email i got presale is tomorrow. I got a password for the presale as well. Anyways. So if LPL'ers are gonna show up we gotta get to the front and chant

either Dead by Sunrise. or DBS if it will be simpler. lol i cant waitt

Due to some unfortunate circumstances I most likely won't be able to attend the show =(, damn I was really lookin foward to it!! =(

oh man sucks bro =[. lets depend on the rest of the likely to get you to the show!!! We need to have a huge LPL meeting i want the pit to be filled with LP fans! lol

if they did play an LP song i could really only see them playing Given Up. sure there's other contenders like New Divide and possibly BTH but i see Given Up as the closest to DBS genre-wise.

Edited by Aiman

I really don't understand why the hell people have it in their heads that they will play a fucking cover. Why would they?? They are the opening band, they're going to play DBS songs. People are paying to see DBS live as one of the bands, they're going to play DBS songs. Probably a 6 song set. There are 13 songs on the album including Morning After. Please explain to me why they would do a cover. Especially of Given Up, that's just stupid to think that.

I still don't have a DEFINITE answer but most likely I can't make it now. Damn, I'm really disappointed I was looking foward to seeing the first REAL US show for the band!! But I'm definately down for Jersey AND New York. If I can possibly PA too, I'll use visiting my friend there as an excuse.

• 5 weeks later...

Uhh...Linkin Park has 6 members, and Dead By Sunrise has 6 members.

Which is exactly why I said they'd do a new take on an LP song. There are plenty of LP songs without rapping, and Fu does a lot of sampled stuff just like Mr. Hahn does anyway, he doesn't just play keyboards. Ryan and Amir's guitar tone in DBS isn't all that different from LP's - they even used LP's amps during their performances on this past tour.

Chester is the voice of Linkin Park. Provided they do a song that doesn't have rapping in it, everything else is secondary and doesn't matter nearly as much.

I have a feeling they'll play Anything, Anything though. Just a hunch. Chester obviously LOVES that song, he covered it with both Grey Daze and Bucket of Weenies.

Umm, don't you think that playing an LP cover wouldn't be a smart move, especially if they are sick of all the comparisons between DBS and LP? I see both bands as separate entities that don't need to get mixed up. In terms of Julien-K it's a different issue because the whole band is already in DBS, and so I could really imagine them to play a JK song at some point!