Knebworth - Audience Audio Recording

hahninator

Because of our position, you won't hear much in the way of crowd noise/cheering etc.

The crowd was actually very good but as he says, due to his position you will hear very little of the crowd cheering. As I've said before I could barely hear Chester for the crowd so we certainly weren't quiet ;)

lol I would have written that if you haven't. he said he was in the back and that's why you barely hear the crowd and then all the people say the crowd was bad o.O does anybody even read what people write here? jeez...

Thanks anyways, I'm glad another show was uploaded and I hope we'll get some more soon =)

lol I would have written that if you haven't. he said he was in the back and that's why you barely hear the crowd and then all the people say the crowd was bad o.O does anybody even read what people write here? jeez...

Thanks anyways, I'm glad another show was uploaded and I hope we'll get some more soon =)

Why would anyone read what was posted before? :lol:

Gotta love the various reactions to sources popping up sometimes. We get the usual 'I'll wait for the DSP' or 'QUALITY SUXZ!', etc. If only those people knew what it takes to produce ANY source for these shows they'd change their tune quite quickly IMO.

Gotta love the various reactions to sources popping up sometimes. We get the usual 'I'll wait for the DSP' or 'QUALITY SUXZ!', etc. If only those people knew what it takes to produce ANY source for these shows they'd change their tune quite quickly IMO.

/word

you totally said it

btw thanks for this source.. download takes a long time for me

since I'm uploading vids from wacken on youtube all the time xD

/word

you totally said it

btw thanks for this source.. download takes a long time for me

since I'm uploading vids from wacken on youtube all the time xD

On the 'quiet crowd' thing.. just to confirm...The stage positioning on the top of a hill meant most of the crowd that were more that 40 metres or so back from the stage couldn't see a thing. We were a little further back than that weatching the big screens and the crowd could not be heard between songs other than the people around us... we were in the same position for Metallica the night after and it was pretty similar then.

As I've mentioned in the text file in the torrent- I didn't think it was a great performance by the band- they didn't really seem into at all- might have been different up close.

If only those people knew what it takes to produce ANY source for these shows they'd change their tune quite quickly IMO.

I'll still why people would pay, in SS case £165 to RECORD a gig..... How can people complain about crowd not being lively, when all people want at the same time is RECORDINGS? I hardly even take photos at a gig any more... People need to remember WHY they goto a gig... It's not as if anyones life is going to be THAT compromised by waiting a month or to for a DSP... What would have happened I dunno 20 years ago at say a Aerosmith concert, before the days when internet and "Gig sharing" was active??? I know a number of bands that would personally walk over rip the recording equipment out of somones hands (Or remove the tape from their skin), and stamp on it... Not because of copyright issues, but because of the fact that the person obviously cant be having a good time. I mean how are you supposed to sing along if your recording???

Maybe, just maybe, that was the reason why DSP's were invented in the first place....

Yeah I dunno, reading others posts just wastes time doesn't it? :rolleyes:

I know what you mean... It's really hard and I just love the self-recorded shows. I guess it's really hard to understand it if you're not into collecting the shows and taping by yourself.

I'll still why people would pay, in SS case £165 to RECORD a gig..... How can people complain about crowd not being lively, when all people want at the same time is RECORDINGS? I hardly even take photos at a gig any more... People need to remember WHY they goto a gig... It's not as if anyones life is going to be THAT compromised by waiting a month or to for a DSP... What would have happened I dunno 20 years ago at say a Aerosmith concert, before the days when internet and "Gig sharing" was active??? I know a number of bands that would personally walk over rip the recording equipment out of somones hands (Or remove the tape from their skin), and stamp on it... Not because of copyright issues, but because of the fact that the person obviously cant be having a good time. I mean how are you supposed to sing along if your recording???

Maybe, just maybe, that was the reason why DSP's were invented in the first place....

First you can still enjoy the record after you taped it and second not everybody needs to freak out at a show to have fun. Some people just enjoy the music and have a pleasure by recording it.

I wouldn't record if I just go to one show because I need to have some party but I would probably record another show if there's a chance because I still enjoy the gig while recording...

And as the taper said, there was a hill, he couldn't even see the stage, so why shouldn't he record it ;) So he atleast made us happy and is able to enjoy the original show .

Well to be honest I highly prefer audience recordings that DSP's and what includes. I admit it's cool have a SBD of these shows but i dont like live shows being edit like Pooch or lp does it, i think it's stupid edit them, it loses its escence of what a live show is and if chester screws up, GREAT! it's a live show not a recording for a new album blah blah.

I'm sure im not the only one who thinks that way.

I was at the show and i was about 3rd row on the left hand side and everyone around me was singing and we all had a great time, chester came pretty close to us and was giving everything. Mike was also pretty animated during POA and HHH.

Cheers for the audio, nice quality :)

It says in the .txt file that you have other bands that your gonna upload, where can i find them ?

From the taper's info file:

SONISPHERE FESTIVAL, KNEBWORTH PARK, UK AUGUST 1ST & 2ND 2009 (aud_flac)

FESTIVAL NOTES - RECORDED 27 BANDS OVER THE TWO DAYS- SOME ARE NOT COMPLETE SETS, BUT MOST ARE OR ARE JUST MISSING A BIT AT THE BEGINNING. THE FULL LIST CAN BE SEEN IN THE INFO FILE. i'LL BE SEEDING ALL OF THE FUlL SETS** AND WILL CONSIDER REQUESTS FOR THE PARTIAL ONES ALSO. (**- PROVIDING THEY ARE NOT ON THE NAB LIST)

http://uk.sonispherefestivals.com/

BAND LIST (NOTE A 'p' AFTER THE NAME INDICATES IT IS ONLY A PARTIAL SET OF LESS THAN HALF THE SET LENGTH)

SATURDAY

BLACKFISH

SKINDRED

SYLOSIS

AIRBOURNE

ANTHRAX

COHEED & CAMBRIA - http://www.dimeadozen.org/tor..s-details.p...60866&hit=1

EXIT TEN 'p'

FIN 'p'

GLAMOUR OF THE KILL

OCEANSIZE - http://www.dimeadozen.org/tor..s-details.p...60789&hit=1

LINKIN PARK

TWIN ATLANTIC 'p'

THUNDER - http://www.dimeadozen.org/tor..s-details.p...60683&hit=1

BLACKHOLE 'P'

SUNDAY

AVENGED SEVENFOLD

ARCHITECHTS

BUCKCHERRY 'p'

CANCER BATS 'p'

THE DEFILED

FEEDER

KILLING JOKE

LAMB OF GOD

LITTLE LONDON

MASTODON

METALLICA - **ON NAB LIST- THIS WILL NOT BE SHARED ON DIME

PARADISE LOST

SAXON - http://www.dimeadozen.org/tor..s-details.p...60742&hit=1

Love to get hold of the Avenged audio, is it actually uploaded already or is he in the process of doing it ?

Wanna catch it when everyone is seeding

Edit: Im having trouble with the download, from the start of the DBS set to the end of the show (apart from New Divide) the files get about 10 seconds in the stop, any ideas ?

Second Edit: Forget the first edit :P just me being retarded.

Edited by SUPERYULE

Managed to get signed up to DIME, il give you a heads up when avenged becomes available.

Airbourne and Feeder were awesome, downloading them now.

Also i dont know if this has already been pointed out but in the LP download, "Fire" and "Crawl Back In" need to be switched round (fire is after crawl back in).