02.08.2009 Gräfenhainichen, Germany - TTG over POA, HHHv2 over Crawling

failed, petersburg had APFMH :P

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offtopic

LOL the heck they had an Guitar Hero Band

We had been waiting for LP forever and as something finally started happening THAT BAND got onstage.. It was kinda comical, boys playing plastic instruments between shows of the biggest bands in the world.

Does any1 have photos to share or smt?

link plz?

I personally thought the show was AMAZING. They really are ON fire this year. Only one bad side was that chester or mike didn't make jokes for the crowd, their pretty good at it usually.

Given up is becoming one of the main live songs by LP. It's just so sick. Chester was correct saying in an interview year or two ago that given up is going to be as beloved as OSC live. I really believe it will.

I mean, the energy Chester showed the whole concert was just huge, especially Given up and OSC(I think i will remember Chester's first jump in given up for the rest of my life, it was so fricking ridiculous). There were quite a lot of zombie-mode Metallica fans in the front, but i had LP fans around me, so all was OK, but i still prefer a concert, where all the crowd has come to see LP. That way the show is much more enjoyable.

I kind of lol'd how some metallica fans were very resistent to show any kind of emotion during LP show, but in the last two songs started to show that they actually enjoyed the show.

Post-show commentary has been quite good as well by all the hardcore metallica fans. All are suprised how Chester can scream so much and still have a voice:D.

Setlist: for this kind of heavy metal festival the perfect setlist would have been pretty much the same except they ought to have dropped LOALTR and left out breaking the habit mike piano intro(Mike messed up a bit in the beginning, so it was quite frightening for me, because i was scared that all the metal fans are going to start whistling, as there was like 1min of piano-only to be heard.

I didn't enjoy those egoistic Metallica fans very much, but overall the whole concert surpassed my fears of epic fail with the crowd:P.

PS! I basically camped the whole day under a tree, regained stamina. When LP came i went as near to the stage as possible and then just did my absolute best(sang along every song etc.). My main goal was to get all the other people around me as pumped up as i was. It kind of worked, so I'm happy with that:D.

Most memorable songs: Given up, Points of Authority, No more Sorrow(nice mosh by chester in the beginning+crowd was clapping a lot), New Divide, Faint, OSC.

Songs that were a bit awkward(probably because a large percentage of the crowd didn't know those songs and were too dull): LOATR, Crawling(including intro).

It was an original show, because I think I will never be at such a show again, where LP isn't the main act and like 95% percent of the crowd supports an another band. The main theme of the show was that the crowd clapped a lot, but there was not much singing. Not too much jumping in the fan zone either, but just fist pumping etc. I personally got a huge adrenaline rush during OSC(had a similar thing in Riga last year). So i started to jump alone, luckily, soon after that, other people followed my example and it was pretty amazing. I failed trying to shout BREAK in the end:D, because there is this little pause before the BREAK part and forgot that:D

Was fun. Next year I will choose a LP-only concert or a festival which suits LP better.