'Over Each Other' Out October 24

martinez

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Across the three singles, there’s a track that fits well for most types of radio. For example (basing this on UK radio), something like Heavy is the Crown is probably not going to get a lot of rotation on mainstream daytime radio, but Over Each Other, if it does well in the charts, is more likely to show up. That’s my take at least.  

After a few listens. It’s now a song I’m obsessed with but trying to take in and savor it with fewer listens until the album. I noticed something though… that something felt familiar about the song in a stylistic sense that reminded me of another band, and finally they came to mind. Oreo sounds like a beta state song kind of. Just more up to date. 

https://youtu.be/K2QAQ5ZsEKw?si=wa03Ri7mqe0LH8WO

I mean solid song but I think it’s lacking in a bit of dynamics from the leak quality I heard. I’ll reserve final judgment after tomorrow.  Would’ve been cool to have an acoustic guitar cut in maybe mixed in with a synthesizer in the background as a curve ball. Just seems like a basic lp ballad compared to their bigger ones.  But they’re are so talented that a basic ballad for them is still catchy as hell. lol I def feel post traumatic production plus oml for me. 

first reaction plus bad quality mix I give it 6.5/10

tem : 9.6

hitc 9.0 (a little repetitive on the chorus but hella catchy and driving)

Edited by FaiNt

It has been growing on me these past two days, and I find it a very beautiful melody.

If I had to add something (as if :) ),  I'll explain it here: The first two notes (and the afterward synth between verses) sounded a lot like Mike's remix of 'Enjoy the Silence' (which btw is a goooorgeous version), so, I feel that the guitars and drums in OEO could be a bit higher, like in that remix. Maybe the levels of the song I/we have heard are not the final ones.

Let's wait for today's premiere, I'm so hyped.

Wait new song OVER EACH OTHER SUCKS? Do you listened that properly? There is everything what LP are. Papercut rhythm, new sound of synths (awesome btw.), still can recognize that is Mike Shinoda production with help with others, I think that epic sing melody is Emily´s with help, there are guitars changes with Major and Minor scale what is for LP typical, surprises like heavy part and then soft part, sounds like Powerless and Final Masquerade with rocky meteora/MTM sound, OML feeling. ALL in 3 f***ing minutes. Ready for radio plays and FINALLY rock ballad with pop feeling and only LP can do this. HATS DOWN LP for creativity, 10/10. :) When I am reading this I mentioned all LP albums 😮Who agree?

Edited by GoodyLP

14 minutes ago, GoodyLP said:

Wait new song OVER EACH OTHER SUCKS? Do you listened that properly? There is everything what LP are. Papercut rhythm, new sound of synths (awesome btw.), still can recognize that is Mike Shinoda production with help with others, I think that epic sing melody is Emily´s with help, there are guitars changes with Major and Minor scale what is for LP typical, surprises like heavy part and then soft part, sounds like Powerless and Final Masquerade with rocky meteora/MTM sound, OML feeling. ALL in 3 f***ing minutes. Ready for radio plays and FINALLY rock ballad with pop feeling and only LP can do this. HATS DOWN LP for creativity, 10/10. :) When I am reading this I mentioned all LP albums 😮Who agree?

Love that kind of feedback :lol:

More positivity, it's nice!

Just now, Qwerty18 said:

Love that kind of feedback :lol:

More positivity, it's nice!

Hehehhe me too, I agree on this!

16 minutes ago, GoodyLP said:

surprises like heavy part and then soft par

I loved the pause, then the hit!

1 hour ago, GoodyLP said:

actually, couldnt express it better, the more I listen to the song, the more I see exactly this in it

16 hours ago, Chazy987 said:

It is a song that works by subtraction and that lives on atmosphere, the greatest characteristic of this new song. The structure is simple, but I wouldn't say banal or even complex. Interesting, yes: I love the pre-last chorus entry with EM's acapella with the piano. Among other things, very short. The rest is pretty good for a radio-friendly third single. Vocally it works, she is perfect and does not perform "useless" virtuosity which would then take away the atmosphere from the listener. Those will come live. I still agree that I want more exciting structures and twists in the album.

-The Emptiness Machine: 5/5

-Heavy Is The Crown: 3/5

-Over Each Other: 3/5

4/5

4/5

3/5

I like to see that new songs reach everyone differently.
I feel that some of the songs on the album that I like will get 5/5, which one will it be?...

1 hour ago, thigolpbr said:

4/5

4/5

3/5

I like to see that new songs reach everyone differently.
I feel that some of the songs on the album that I like will get 5/5, which one will it be?...

Im almost like this, except that for me TEM is a 5/5, until i heard the full album, is my fav song.

2 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Let's get even more granular!

TEM 976/1000

HITC 789/1000

Haven't listened to OEO yet.

This is what I asked for. Catching puns on the fly.

TEM - 975,88/1000

HITC - 860/1000

OEO - 790,33333/1000

9 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Let's get even more granular!

TEM 976/1000

HITC 789/1000

Haven't listened to OEO yet.

mmmm i think that this is actually going so far by now.

BUT ANYWAY!

TEM 9900/10000

HITC 9000/10000

OEO 7500/10000

I don't know maybe it's just a me thing, but I always have a very very very high expectations and standards for a Linkin Park song. I want every song they put out make me question if it's my favorite LP song ever or not. I know it sounds unrealistic and crazy.

Over Each Other is not a bad song at all. It's not great, but not a bad one, in my opinion. Not a favorite, but I still like it. I just have this feeling that it could be better. It could sound better. Not necessarily heavier or things like that, but I feel like the song is missing things. I'm not a musician so I don't know how it could be better. It's just a feeling, you know. I don't know if it makes sense or not.