From Zero: A Conversation with Mike Shinoda and Emily Armstrong

martinez

Today a very interesting podcast containing a conversation of Mike and Emily was shared on liveone.com. The description of it says:

Just a few weeks before the reveal, Mike Shinoda and Emily Armstrong sat down to discuss what life has been like for the both of them while trying to keep Linkin Park’s return a secret, Emily joining the band, and the creative process behind their new album From Zero.

You can listen to the podcast here.

Credits: ScottiePippo

They talk about how they could have released way more songs on From Zero but chose to narrow it down to just 10. I'm so excited. They definitely have more music in store. They also name a few demos that are are not on the final tracklist.

I think dead sara can have a brighter future with the massive new exposure they got because of Emily. But yeah I mean time wise they are kinda screwed because now they have to depend on Emily being available. It's not impossible, she could do what Chester did when he was both in LP and STP, but that's almost no life and that's the reason Chester quit STP because he couldn't spend time with his family. On september 5th Dead Sara posted on social media that they would be back in the future but the way Emily talked about Dead Sara in the podcast gave me the impression that she is not looking back at dead sara. Let's see 

2 hours ago, ScottiePippo said:

I think dead sara can have a brighter future with the massive new exposure they got because of Emily. But yeah I mean time wise they are kinda screwed because now they have to depend on Emily being available. It's not impossible, she could do what Chester did when he was both in LP and STP, but that's almost no life and that's the reason Chester quit STP because he couldn't spend time with his family. On september 5th Dead Sara posted on social media that they would be back in the future but the way Emily talked about Dead Sara in the podcast gave me the impression that she is not looking back at dead sara. Let's see 

3 hours ago, JZLP-Benningstrong said:

Dead Sara was a great band but nothing wont change for them.

Best thing they could do is not wait for Emily and find another vocalist. 

It definitely felt like, and she said it like „ok I pushed really hard for that last album and it went nowhere“. It really sounded like she wanted to do something else besides Dead Sara anyway. 
Well guess what girl, it worked out lol.

2 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

It definitely felt like, and she said it like „ok I pushed really hard for that last album and it went nowhere“. It really sounded like she wanted to do something else besides Dead Sara anyway. 
Well guess what girl, it worked out lol.

in any situation in life its sad when try so hard to make something nice and then it fails.

she is so done w Dead Sara plus they got no fans and theu wont come back for the few fans that they just obtained.

3 minutes ago, JZLP-Benningstrong said:

in any situation in life its sad when try so hard to make something nice and then it fails.

she is so done w Dead Sara plus they got no fans and theu wont come back for the few fans that they just obtained.

They might play a show here and there just for fun but it sounded like an unspoken truth as well for everyone of them. Like they realised that it didn’t work out the last what 15 years and it didn’t with their newest music. It’s great music but they stagnated to a point that it was frustrating for her. She even said something like this.