Linkin Park Adding New Music to November Concerts

LPLStaff

Following Emily Armstrong's recent comments that the band would rehearse this month to add new songs to the setlist for the November shows, Mike Shinoda echoed these comments on Discord on October 3.

Emily said in an interview in Korea, that "Two Faced" is really fun live, as well as "Casualty" and "Overflow." She said, "Those three, I think, were the ones we've kinda been talking about… like, really wanting to explore live. Ihink we're gonna do some rehearsals when we get home and, you know, put it into our live set.”

Mike said on Discord, "Right now, it's quite a bit of effort to put a new song into the set. Not just the band working it out, but the production (lasers, lights, content). We're working on adding a new song or two."

image.png

Let's see what they end up playing in Paris, Texas, and South America!

Any guesses?

that's exciting! honestly i'd rather hear those new songs when the full album comes out than before, i mean even if they did end up playing any of those before the release, it won't be by much, so we'll have to see. would still love to see it when it's in the live set!

One thing I found interesting is him talking about the lasers. It seems like they'll stay despite the band dropping the use of the 360 stage in their upcoming shows.

New songs will obviously be played at the next shows. I think everyone expected that. The question is whether they'll release the studio version before or not.

4 minutes ago, LeonardoMF93 said:

One thing I found interesting is him talking about the lasers. It seems like they'll stay despite the band dropping the use of the 360 stage in their upcoming shows.

New songs will obviously be played at the next shows. I think everyone expected that. The question is whether they'll release the studio version before or not.

Huh. I didn’t mind the 360 stage. Meant that no one seat seemed a million miles away, unlike when the stage is at one end. 

It's pretty difficult to do 360 in a stadium - U2 did it with an endstage in a stadium (still 360), Metallica is doing full 360 and Ed Sheeran is doing full 360. You also have to sell way more tickets for that and specifically in the USA that's going to be a problem for LP.

Mike said in the Zane Lowe interview they have 3 stages - launch stage (Warner show), 360 arena stage, and the stadium stage. This production should be pretty cool. What would be nice is if the big boxes remain on stage above the band for these upcoming stadiums (and Bogota arena show).

In 2025 surely the 360 stage returns in some capacity. No way they did all that work to only use it 5 times, right? They aren't big enough in the USA to play stadiums in every city so they can use the arena stage in 360 to compliment that in certain smaller markets across the country when they tour. Europe, Asia, South America may be stadiums and festivals the entire time because LP is MASSIVE in those markets. Australia - not sure what demand there would look like.

And if they play amphitheatres they will use the same stage they will use for Columbia, right? They probably need that stadium stage for Europe, South America...well everywhere except USA I guess (lol). I'm still sceptical how that will turn out tbh. The last time they played big stadiums (whether it was Poland or China or whatever) the production was way to small. Stadiums tend to make the band small (obviously) but they definitely need something bigger in terms of production. 

Back to the topic. Really intrigued how their upcoming setlist will look like. 

28 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

Back to the topic. Really intrigued how their upcoming setlist will look like. 

Perhaps open up some space by rotating.

Points/LFY has been rotated before (I think?)

It's a given they'll add some new FZ stuff, I'm more interested to see whether they'll introduce any cool new medleys/transitions. I really miss the ballad medley, the cool runaway/wastelands transition, papercut/blackout, the NMS/Catalyst/UIG/ATLNC encore opener etc.

I know they're trying to include all the hits for their comeback but I feel like there's still plenty of space for some of this stuff  

LOATR 2017 smokes the medley. I think Lost/My December are better as being the cooldown songs of the show. 

I’m heavily biased though as I saw the band a ton when they were playing the medley. I got tired of that one. 

12 minutes ago, Hybrid1988 said:

LOATR 2017 smokes the medley. I think Lost/My December are better as being the cooldown songs of the show. 

I’m heavily biased though as I saw the band a ton when they were playing the medley. I got tired of that one. 

Yeah I don't mean to bring back the same medley and I agree LOATR is really nice rn. But maybe blending Heavy into the end of FF, cutting a little QWERTY outro onto KTTK, something like that would be really welcome to me 

23 hours ago, Hybrid1988 said:

I saw the band 

I wish I could say even this.

17 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Really? LP isn't that big in USA? Really surprised, TBH

LP is huge in the USA, but from what I understand they're bigger elsewhere. I remember an interview with Mike where he hypothesized that part of it was LP's age, because the mainstream audience's attention in the USA tends to focus on who is new, young, and current, whereas some other countries don't put as much emphasis on age in their culture.