Colin Brittain Instagram Live (September 27, 2024)

LPLStaff

A few topics:
- The new album is "AGGRESSIVE". There are some sigfinicantly heavy songs. Casualty being one of them. He's excited to play that one.

- There are some soft songs on the album.
- Someone asks "what's the genre?" and he sarcastically answers "have you ever heard Linkin Park at all?"

- Mentions new album has lots of profound lyrics.

- He mentions more new songs being produced right now with great lyrics and would possibly be released during 2025.

- He mentions playing big festivals in 2025, just don't know which ones.
- Loves playing Papercut. Hardest song is The Catalyst because of the almost "off beat" it has. But mentions no song was really hard to learn.

- His favorite band of all ir RATM. His favorite band right now is Sleep Token. He knows a lot about rock/metal (mentions bad omens, spiritbox, slipknot, avenged, parkway drive, a day to remember, one ok rock, ...)

- He mentions meeting Chester just once in a backstage, talking to him very briefly but in a very warmth way. 

- He mentions playing a lot of different instruments during From Zero production, and doing backing vocals too. He says the production is "all over the place", so He, Mike, Dave, Brad... all play instruments here and there.

- Someone asked about "how the production on the album was divided between him and mike", and he answered kind of in a evasive way, telling to "ask Mike". But in other question he said it's "transcendental" to work with Mike.

- He knows how to play lots os instruments "not very well", but says he's pretty good in 3 or 4. But drumming is his primary skill, he play drums since 6yo.

- He mentions Emily once or twice, saying the first time he met her... he was in the studio with Mike and this singer was in the booth singing and he asked Mike "who's she? i know this scream". And Mike said Emily from Dead Sara... and Collin already knew Dead Sara, heard some old songs and liked it.

- He seems to really know a lot about LP songs, mentions some deep cuts like In Pieces and such. Says he grew up listening the band.

- He answers about "replacing Rob", that's not replacing at all, it's keeping the band alive, it's going forward. He's inspired by Rob and would never dare to literally "replace" him.

Edited by vinifeijo

52 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

A few topics:
- The new album is "AGGRESSIVE". There are some sigfinicantly heavy songs. Casualty being one of them. He's excited to play that one.

- There are some soft songs on the album.
- Someone asks "what's the genre?" and he sarcastically answers "have you ever heard Linkin Park at all?"

- Mentions new album has lots of profound lyrics.

- He mentions more new songs being produced right now with great lyrics and would possibly be released during 2025.

- He mentions playing big festivals in 2025, just don't know which ones.
- Loves playing Papercut. Hardest song is The Catalyst because of the almost "off beat" it has. But mentions no song was really hard to learn.

- His favorite band of all ir RATM. His favorite band right now is Sleep Token. He knows a lot about rock/metal (mentions bad omens, spiritbox, slipknot, avenged, parkway drive, a day to remember, one ok rock, ...)

- He mentions meeting Chester just once in a backstage, talking to him very briefly but in a very warmth way. 

- He mentions playing a lot of different instruments during From Zero production, and doing backing vocals too. He says the production is "all over the place", so He, Mike, Dave, Brad... all play instruments here and there.

- Someone asked about "how the production on the album was divided between him and mike", and he answered kind of in a evasive way, telling to "ask Mike". But in other question he said it's "transcendental" to work with Mike.

- He knows how to play lots os instruments "not very well", but says he's pretty good in 3 or 4. But drumming is his primary skill, he play drums since 6yo.

- He mentions Emily once or twice, saying the first time he met her... he was in the studio with Mike and this singer was in the booth singing and he asked Mike "who's she? i know this scream". And Mike said Emily from Dead Sara... and Collin already knew Dead Sara, heard some old songs and liked it.

- He seems to really know a lot about LP songs, mentions some deep cuts like In Pieces and such. Says he grew up listening the band.

- He answers about "replacing Rob", that's not replacing at all, it's keeping the band alive, it's going forward. He's inspired by Rob and would never dare to literally "replace" him.

Thanks for the summary, the video is a bit long xD

• Rasputin 93 changed the title to Colin Brittain Instagram Live (September 27, 2024)
4 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

New songs incoming 2025!

Love that they won't keep us hanging with From Zero righg after the grand comeback.

In fact, B-sides like “Blackbirds” or “Asbestos” are prrrreeettty good. If they are this level, it’s gonna be a great time to be an LP fan. How I love this band. 

I honestly wonder if we could get another album in 2025. Mike said on Discord it was hard to "cut down" to the tracks on From Zero, so that's probably a good 3-4 songs finished left aside, plus these new songs Colin brought up on the stream that have not been finished.  Its been 7 years, would make make sense for them to have wrote more stuff then could fit one album, and they cut From Zero down to stuff that fit, "The old school return of Linkin Park" type album. would explain its short run time. Then, the more experimental stuff could be for a second album next year.  Linkin Park has not really done EPs outside of OG Hybrid Theory ep and the LPU stuff, or big double dip expanded editions, so to me a second new album makes the most sense.  Two albums as part of the same creative sessions, ala System of a Down's Memorized and Hypnotized. Hope I'm right!

Edited by ShogunOfTruth
grammer

A back-to-back album cycle would be really fucking cool like you mention. Coldplay is doing Music of the Spheres, the world tour (years long) and in the middle of the tour releasing Moon Music this Friday. Today in the Zane Lowe interview they said they always intended for it to be a "part 2" album. Two albums from the same creative sessions is a nice idea and one LP hasn't ever done before.

They SHOULD have had an EP in 2008 from the MTM sessions, what an absolute shame No Roads Left, Across the Line, Blackbirds, What We Don't Know, Chance of Rain, Pretend to Be didn't get their time to shine.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

They SHOULD have had an EP in 2008 from the MTM sessions, what an absolute shame No Roads Left, Across the Line, Blackbirds, What We Don't Know, Chance of Rain, Pretend to Be didn't get their time to shine.

Maybe they didn't because during the first 4 albums they got so exhausted with the tours and everything that had to do with the new music that they just wanted to look forward. Kinda when you listen a record so much that you don't want to listen to it in months/years. 

But yeah, those songs were simply too good to be relegated to LPU CDs or, who knows, a new boxset in 3 years. 

I would take it with a grain of salt because I remember Brad say thery had 200 demos for OML, and we onlty had WAYW leak and FF, so.... But I strongly hope we get a second album of the new Linkin Park soon, like, if they started doing stuff with Emily in 2019 I bet they have more finished songs than the 9 of From Zero. Fingers crossed  

i would like some interviewer to ask them about the album songs, if all of them are demos from the past 1 year, or if some of them are older demos as long 2019.

not a single interviewer or even the fans on the livestream asked about if HITC was really made for LOL or if it was adapted for it.

We need more info on the production! Guess now that the first leg of the tour ended, they will focus more talking about the album itself.

49 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

We will get way more album interviews and surely some go into that. Zane Lowe's interview looks like it ends abruptly, aka a part 2 for the album may be coming.

I hope so. I really like Zane Lowe's interviews.

5 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

We will get way more album interviews and surely some go into that. Zane Lowe's interview looks like it ends abruptly, aka a part 2 for the album may be coming.

In fact, in the Apple interview, he mentions that he already have heard the record (and he thinks it rocks) and it’s going to be another interview about it in November. 

19 hours ago, Soeffingnaive92 said:

I would take it with a grain of salt because I remember Brad say thery had 200 demos for OML, and we onlty had WAYW leak and FF, so.... But I strongly hope we get a second album of the new Linkin Park soon, like, if they started doing stuff with Emily in 2019 I bet they have more finished songs than the 9 of From Zero. Fingers crossed  

We also got Place to Start and MIUAIG, and we know of titles like Tidal Wave and Ricochet. And just bc there are a lot of demos doesn't mean they're all gonna be full songs 

I think an EP would be really cool, but I wonder if they're gonna drop anything experimental for a while or try to ride the high of people loving "traditional" LP. I do really want Mike to make something weird though, and I want to hear them tackle long 5+ minute songs again 

11 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

We also got Place to Start and MIUAIG, and we know of titles like Tidal Wave and Ricochet. And just bc there are a lot of demos doesn't mean they're all gonna be full songs 

I think an EP would be really cool, but I wonder if they're gonna drop anything experimental for a while or try to ride the high of people loving "traditional" LP. I do really want Mike to make something weird though, and I want to hear them tackle long 5+ minute songs again 

Yeah like, they are not gonna be full songs but 15 out of 200 is a very small numer, so like, I wouldn't expect another full album next year, maybe an EP, I'd love that. 

1 hour ago, leftshoe18 said:

I think an EP would be a great place to get experimental. There's not as much expectation as there is with an album.

Yeah, even more if you already released a successful album the year before, thing that will most likely happen with From Zero