Linkin Park Sells Out Comeback Shows in Los Angeles and Brooklyn

LPLStaff

In the midst of a whirlwind week of the band's return, new music, tour announcements, and more, Linkin Park has sold out both United States comeback shows at the Los Angeles Kia Forum on September 11 and Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on September 16. The shows will feature the band performing in a very rare 360 degree circular setting, allowing for a unique production but also a larger amount of tickets to be sold to fans at these venues.

In an era where presales and on-sales are a mess for many bands across the planet, Linkin Park managed to run two very successful Linkin Park Underground presales for their diehard fan club. By doing two LPU presales on September 6, one for Legacy members and one for new members, on the same day just hours apart, the band managed to get up to 90%+ (Brooklyn) of tickets at at venues in the hands of their fan club members. A unique move of these presales was opening the entire venue to the LPU versus allocating a small amount of tickets for the fan club, allowing them to make up a larger continent in the crowd. Additionally, fans were excited to see an "LPU Reserved" section directly in front of the band in the crowd with tickets that would only be sold to LPU members.

After the on-sales began on September 7, the Barclays Center show sold out in a matter of a few minutes while the Los Angeles Kia Forum show sold out in less than an hour.

Mike Shinoda recently commented in the Zane Lowe interview that Linkin Park will be performing a 2 hour headline setlist and the band has been working on the production for the show for quite a long time. 

Tickets for other shows on the From Zero World Tour go on sale in the coming days.

Just now, bloodbath said:

Wonder why they didn't played 2 hours shows before. The OML tour came close, but they have the back catalogue to make a show diverse an don't get bored

Mike has said over the years he could perform longer live but other band members in the band did not want to do longer sets.

2 hour sets is great news. This opens a window for some deep cuts like By Myself, Forgotten, Figure .09, No More Sorrow, or possibly debuts of songs like I'll Be Gone, KTTK, AFN. Maybe Mike will do some Fort Minor/Post Traumatic stuff too.

/ I would also add, that in the Billboard interview there was a line from Emily about learning 50 songs :

As we were working out the songs, we had to pitch some stuff, to change the key so that it’s in Emily’s target register. We had to relearn songs that we’ve been playing live for 20 years in order to do that, and it’s such a mindf–k! (Laughs.) It’s so hard! My brain is just having a really hard time with a couple of songs.

Armstrong: Imagine 50 songs with that feeling! (Laughs.)

Edited by millytripleseven

The promoter probably paid huge money to get them there for one show as a region exclusive or something. Or maybe there are more album show events in LA that week for the release. Let's see.

They already printed up a ton of merch etc with just these dates on it.

4 hours ago, Superxer0 said:

Can I get presale tickets if I sign up for a lpu right now 

If it's the same as the pre-sale for the shows in the US, yes. The difference is that you will have priority 2, while those who were members before will have priority 1. I did exactly what you're planning to do and got two tickets for the closest sector to the stage, but they sold out very quickly right after. If you want to go to the show, joining the LPU is pretty much essential.

Edited by LeonardoMF93