From Zero - New Album out November 15

RogueSoul

What happened couple of hours ago was unreal. We knew something was coming. But it absolutely bulldozer crushed all my expectations. A show. A broadcast. A new song. A new tour. A freaking new album. I can't think of any band, ever, that came back in such explosive fashion. This was massive.

I am so glad they went with Emily. She crushed it. There are couple of songs where her voice cracked, but I'm sure it's going to get better and more fine-tuned with more shows. 

Then, "The Emptiness Machine". It was just the perfect song to come back with. Loved every second. And it instantly landed home. Didn't think for a sec that "This doesn't feel right", as everything about it felt "This is Linkin Park". It is a new entity, yet the DNA is so obviously remaining there. I had expressed my hope of the band coming back with something that would echo the excitement felt in Papercut 24 years ago. And holy damn did they.

Finally, the new album. This is crazy. Still can't believe they have something ready coming up so soon. Absolutely thrilled, and in disbelief this is happening.

The only down was the confirmation of Rob being gone. Yet, lots of us were anticipating it, which helps. He made his choice, let's respect that. I'll always remember him as very talended guy who brought a lot of finesse to the band.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I've had time to unwind and sleep, I have some thoughts.

Firstly, the elephant in the room... Emily was amazing. Her energy, her stage presence, her voice. I am beyond impressed, I cannot believe how well she did. These are some big fucking boots to fill and she handled it with grace. I am so confident in LP's future now. I expected key changes to accommodate her and Mike's singing, and it works great - the emotion of the music is still there despite it sounding a little different. Her voice did croak in The Catalyst, and she bounced back so fast - what a first show for her! 

The show was AMAZING!! That laser blasting shit, the fractured imagery, holy fucking cow. Endless energy.

Shame about Rob not coming back. I expected he would, and a lot of you guys here were right. The guy is great, he actually produced my favourite ONE OK ROCK album, and tbh the new track has that same vibe from that album.

I called November 15th for LP8! A lot of us did to be fair, but come on let us be right about something at least haha!

Emily was always obvious choice.

And for me TEM is most exciting thing vocally since LT album.

My biggest worry is that song construction of TEM is so basic like every song on OML which was my biggest issue with that album. I hope that FZ bring more surprises but looking at length of an album its 5 minutes shorter than OML. So probably more fast paced tracks.

And Mike please rap more. Miss this part most.

2mln on YouTube in 10h not bad :)

Edited by MMM

15 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

CDN media

track lengths are on Qubuz. Album is even shorter than OML

this will be the 2nd LINKIN PARK album has a track name after the album. first one obviously "ONE MORE LIGHT", now it's "FROM ZERO".

6 minutes ago, Stranger said:

this will be the 2nd LINKIN PARK album has a track name after the album. first one obviously "ONE MORE LIGHT", now it's "FROM ZERO".

that is just the Intro tho (to me) that doesn't count

1 hour ago, BeardyWilderness said:

Now I've had time to unwind and sleep, I have some thoughts.

Firstly, the elephant in the room... Emily was amazing. Her energy, her stage presence, her voice. I am beyond impressed, I cannot believe how well she did. These are some big fucking boots to fill and she handled it with grace. I am so confident in LP's future now. I expected key changes to accommodate her and Mike's singing, and it works great - the emotion of the music is still there despite it sounding a little different. Her voice did croak in The Catalyst, and she bounced back so fast - what a first show for her! 

The show was AMAZING!! That laser blasting shit, the fractured imagery, holy fucking cow. Endless energy.

Shame about Rob not coming back. I expected he would, and a lot of you guys here were right. The guy is great, he actually produced my favourite ONE OK ROCK album, and tbh the new track has that same vibe from that album.

I called November 15th for LP8! A lot of us did to be fair, but come on let us be right about something at least haha!

can you remind me how the 11/15 rumor started? I remember talking about it here, but for the life of me I can’t remember how we came to that conclusion. It’s been bugging me all day 

18 minutes ago, Stranger said:

And the third Linkin Park album that involves a number.. not counting minutes to midnight which is kind of related to a number

22 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

that is just the Intro tho (to me) that doesn't count

it listed as a track number #1, so it's counted to me. 😂

10 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

And the third Linkin Park album that involves a number.. not counting minutes to midnight which is kind of related to a number

wait, 3rd LP album? OML, FZ and..? i'm confused. hahah

First: I love the new song The Emptiness Machine, Mike's vocals are great, Emily's vocals are great, can't wait to hear the new album, i hope for some lighter ballads as well and of course some rapping from Mike.

What makes me feel sad is the view of just 3 members. (brad has covid from what i heard) No Rob, no Brad, watching the show i felt like i don't know this band anymore, all the key changes, new drummer, substituted guitarist, i guess i was just living in 2017. I still love the band, just need to get used to that, but.. it just feels weird.

32 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

can you remind me how the 11/15 rumor started? I remember talking about it here, but for the life of me I can’t remember how we came to that conclusion. It’s been bugging me all day 

The countdown ended at 11:15am in LA time.

I'm very much satisfied with the direction of new music. I was a little bit afraid they would veer into areas more akin to modern pop music that you can find plenty of on Mike's Spotify playlists, but they didn't.

It's a rock song, and it's high energy. That is all I ever wanted.

I'm not gonna pretend like TEM is some kind of sophisticated masterpiece, because it isn't, but it DOESN'T NEED to be. For a comeback song it's just perfect.

Also now that they have a multi-instrumentalist producer like Colin, and Emily who's also a guitar player, I can see a lot of new creative paths open for them to explore. We're about to witness evolution of the Liknin Park sound and I'm so curious about the future LP music.

16 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

It's a rock song, and it's high energy. That is all I ever wanted.

I'm not gonna pretend like TEM is some kind of sophisticated masterpiece, because it isn't, but it DOESN'T NEED to be. For a comeback song it's just perfect.

it’s some “What I’ve Done shit”

11 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

Yeah it hits home, it has something new but very familiar too, and I really like it. As a first single is not worse then Heavy or BID, just to name a few.

Honestly I think it’s one of the best lead singles they’ve ever had.  But maybe it’s just recency bias. 

6 hours ago, Stranger said:

i strongly believe it's Frank Maddock personal touch/works. but maybe he collaborate with other artists.

Thanks. What's the source of your belief?

He currently has several stories on Instagram about Linkin Park, but none of them are the cover art, even though one of them is the logo.

I just asked him on the contact form of his website.

Edited by lpfirst