Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

I can clearly see Mike screm on the left of that pic, maybe there's another figure on the right turning the back to camera... we will see, I am super excited. To be honest, I would be happy with a new song that sounds like a more aggressive Already Over or something like that, with an alternation between Mike and the new vocalist 

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Justin said:

I'm fucking ready too lol

At this point, anyone who says that it's wrong or disrespectful for LP to move forward with a new lead vocalist will never come around anyway. If they can't understand that it's not replacing Chester, but rather about honoring him by continuing on, there's nothing that can make them realize that at this point.

It's been over 7 years now. There's no reason that the 5 other members of the band shouldn't be able to play together again as Linkin Park in front of the huge crowds that they've earned throughout their career. The reality of that means that there must be a new vocalist, since someone needs to sing Chester's parts.

Chester's time with the band will never be forgotten, ever, but I'm also excited to see what a new vocalist could bring to the table creatively in future music! I'm just really excited to see what this new era brings.

While im slowly slowly starting to accept the reality of a Linkin Park without Chester, i think people are setting their hopes too high for this new LP.

Too much emphasis is put on Mike and Brad being the masterminds behind the scenes and forget the fact that they had the legendary chester to work with.

This new band ill enjoy because its Mike, but I can never get hyped for it because it will always be a second rate LP, no jaw dropping previews with Chester doing some insane screams, it will be just another band. Im not even trying to be negative, i mean thats just the reality now.

If we must have another vocalist I really hope its a female.

6 minutes ago, Subs said:

While im slowly slowly starting to accept the reality of a Linkin Park without Chester, i think people are setting their hopes too high for this new LP.

Too much emphasis is put on Mike and Brad being the masterminds behind the scenes and forget the fact that they had the legendary chester to work with.

This new band ill enjoy because its Mike, but I can never get hyped for it because it will always be a second rate LP, no jaw dropping previews with Chester doing some insane screams, it will be just another band. Im not even trying to be negative, i mean thats just the reality now.

I still can't understand how you can judge something you haven't heard. I respect your opinion on the matter, but some definitions like "second-rate LP" or "just another band" are not negative, it's just that we can't know yet because nothing is out.

Many bands achieved greater artistic value even after the original member who made them special to begin with left. Think how Syd Barrett greatly influenced Pink Floyd's roots, but most of their famous repertoire doesn't even include him. Some bands manage to retain what made their music work: AC/DC with Brian Johnson was as good as it was with Bon Scott. I'm not an AC/DC fan, but that's seem to be the general consensus, I think.

Now I get what you're saying, every band is different, and I also don't believe that 2024 Linkin Park will be the new Pink Floyd. I'm not even saying they might be better than what came before. But I am saying that we don't know yet and that it is unfair to preemptively rule out what good might come as "second rate" just because Chester isn't there. No one doubts that his voice and talent was unique, and that the dynamics between him, Mike, and the rest of the band did shape LP's sound. That's always gonna be true. But we could be in front of something equally special, and we shouldn't deny it a chance to be as good as the past just because it's new.

(I don't mean this to be an attack to your opinion, btw. Just explaining my point of view on the matter)

5 minutes ago, KiddIsAlive said:

I still can't understand how you can judge something you haven't heard. I respect your opinion on the matter, but some definitions like "second-rate LP" or "just another band" are not negative, it's just that we can't know yet because nothing is out.

Many bands achieved greater artistic value even after the original member who made them special to begin with left. Think how Syd Barrett greatly influenced Pink Floyd's roots, but most of their famous repertoire doesn't even include him. Some bands manage to retain what made their music work: AC/DC with Brian Johnson was as good as it was with Bon Scott. I'm not an AC/DC fan, but that's seem to be the general consensus, I think.

Now I get what you're saying, every band is different, and I also don't believe that 2024 Linkin Park will be the new Pink Floyd. I'm not even saying they might be better than what came before. But I am saying that we don't know yet and that it is unfair to preemptively rule out what good might come as "second rate" just because Chester isn't there. No one doubts that his voice and talent was unique, and that the dynamics between him, Mike, and the rest of the band did shape LP's sound. That's always gonna be true. But we could be in front of something equally special, and we shouldn't deny it a chance to be as good as the past just because it's new.

(I don't mean this to be an attack to your opinion, btw. Just explaining my point of view on the matter)

Thats fine, you actually articulated your point very well. Your correct we haven't heard anything yet. 

Even if the material is only as good as Mike’s solo stuff, thats still very good. But I wouldn't expect fireworks. We will see this week.

2 hours ago, HybridARG said:

I am going full crazy right now , or is there another person standing besides Mike's?

RabYQ1f.jpeg

MnxB3Hw.jpeg

I see it too, in fact, it was the first thing I saw in this image before noticing Mike's face. It does look like someone facing away from Mike, but now I think it's just smoke, you can see more smoke on the left too.

Asked a particular search function to identify the image: it’s response below:

Given that the image is from Linkin Park and used as a teaser, it could be a visual representation tied to their upcoming project. The imagery of something dissolving or forming in a cloud of particles is often symbolic. Considering Linkin Park’s history of deep, emotional themes, this could symbolize transformation, rebirth, or a return, possibly hinting at new music, a tribute, or a special project that honors Chester Bennington’s legacy.

The specific colors (purple and pink) and the dissolving effect might be designed to evoke an ethereal, otherworldly feeling, which could be reflective of something introspective or deeply emotional, possibly tied to the themes of loss and memory.

Given that this was shown for only a second, it’s likely meant to be a subtle hint that invites speculation and creates intrigue, possibly connected to something significant in their new work, like an album cover, a music video concept, or a new logo.

If there’s a specific album or song that has these color schemes or visual effects in the past, it might be referencing that, but it’s likely a new, symbolic gesture. Without more specific details, it’s challenging to identify exactly what it is, but it’s definitely designed to capture attention and spark curiosity.

1 hour ago, Subs said:

Come on man, we were asked to stop with this. They're your opinions, and I respect them, but they also can come across as provocative to people that care about this (second rate LP, for example).

Let's not have this topic closed again. :')

5 hours ago, HybridARG said:

I am going full crazy right now , or is there another person standing besides Mike's?

RabYQ1f.jpeg

MnxB3Hw.jpeg

For me it looks like someone is holding a guitar. And on the front i guess it's mike. But still.. Those are just our theories, it's nice to listen to them, but we should not believe.

I honestly hope that nothing really leaks before we get the full announcement, they are purposely giving us so little, I'd love it just to be like BOOM!  

and for it to be a mic drop moment.

1 minute ago, Smarky said:

I honestly hope that nothing really leaks before we get the full announcement, they are purposely giving us so little, I'd love it just to be like BOOM!  

and for it to be a mic drop moment.

Yep, pretty much this. Hoping for absolutely zero snippet.

Coming back with a live streamed event is also pretty bold. So much that can go wrong.

Something pre-recorded and heavily polished would have been my expectation but hats off for being this courageous.

I'm very curious as too what's been going on behind the scenes, I hope we find out.

I've not seen it discussed much but the timing seems curious. Just at the end of last year, Mike released already over and seemed to be teasing/talking about something bigger as if it was a new era for him and Mike Shinoda music, he talked about non-traditional release schedules and the whole 'crimson' thing and even making a big deal about shaving his hair etc, seemed like it was symbolising a new era for him and releases.

But then he went pretty silent and then now we have this. It seems to me like something came together behind the scenes and changed his plans? I'd also not be too sure that there is a full album coming soon as if this is true, the time frames would be pretty tight.

Also I always thought the timing of the Papercuts release was strange. As you just had the Meteora 20 stuff and if you were going to follow that release schedule and perhaps do a Minutes to Midnight 20, then I thought they would spread the releases out a little bit more and a 'greatest hits' would have come a little later than it did. I wonder if it's all somehow related, perhaps even contractually and was purposely put out to kinda signify that era of LP and now we are moving into the new one. 

9 minutes ago, Smarky said:

I'm very curious as too what's been going on behind the scenes, I hope we find out.

I've not seen it discussed much but the timing seems curious. Just at the end of last year, Mike released already over and seemed to be teasing/talking about something bigger as if it was a new era for him and Mike Shinoda music, he talked about non-traditional release schedules and the whole 'crimson' thing and even making a big deal about shaving his hair etc, seemed like it was symbolising a new era for him and releases.

But then he went pretty silent and then now we have this. It seems to me like something came together behind the scenes and changed his plans? I'd also not be too sure that there is a full album coming soon as if this is true, the time frames would be pretty tight.

Also I always thought the timing of the Papercuts release was strange. As you just had the Meteora 20 stuff and if you were going to follow that release schedule and perhaps do a Minutes to Midnight 20, then I thought they would spread the releases out a little bit more and a 'greatest hits' would have come a little later than it did. I wonder if it's all somehow related, perhaps even contractually and was purposely put out to kinda signify that era of LP and now we are moving into the new one. 

This is, honestly, one of the most interesting aspects. I hope someone will ask Mike about it.

3 minutes ago, KiddIsAlive said:

Noah canceled the shows because his mental health was deteriorating. I don't think the solution would be to jump in a much bigger band to potentially do a bigger, harder tour

Was he telling the truth though? Maybe. 

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, Smarky said:

Also many people were speculating that Papercuts was rushed (due to all the errors in the release), which would perfectly fit into this theory.

Edited by millytripleseven

2 hours ago, Sukotto said:

I’m more convinced by this comparison. 

https://imgur.com/KWY5Tuj

I have no doubt that it is Mike

Could I be wrong? Yes, but I doubt it

1 hour ago, millytripleseven said:

Also many people were speculating that Papercuts was rushed (due to all the errors in the release), which would perfectly fit into this theory.

It makes a lot of sense, that's why 2000-2023 is used and not 2000-2024

Another thing, Mike always said he didn't want to do a Greatest Hits, but this year it was released

Maybe the idea of GH was to end the cycle, close a door and now start a new era