Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MMM said:

So maybe this is big casting with multiple artist and LPU members will choose a vocalist. 

I highly doubt that. I wouldn't leave a big decision like to the fans or anyone else outside of the band members themselves.

3 minutes ago, LPBatman said:

I highly doubt that. I wouldn't leave a big decision like to the fans or anyone else outside of the band members themselves.

I'd like to announce, the new vocalist for Linkin Park, as voted by you!

Everyone please put your hands together for Singer McSingerface!

Edited by Smarky

33 minutes ago, MMM said:

5h event.

I think people have some misconceptions about the duration and start/end time of the event.

I doubt that the actual event is taking that long, but that's the time frame people should free up for it.

Based on the waiver these 5 hours could also include some time for transportation to a place, ticket check, security check, transportation back from a place and just simply waiting. At least that's my understanding.

I don't think that the actual event will take 5 hours.

6 hours ago, IMP757 said:

Yep the more I think about it there's got to be something more to this timer, otherwise why leave it there. 

It's why I'm going to be watching tonight when it reaches 100. Even though I'm 99% sure it's just going to start counting down from 100 again, there is a tiny chance of it being something other than a glitch.

Plus this from Mike the other day:

https://x.com/BroodingAnanas/status/1829531320168632521?t=xlEMeSE9BC_WGxRXmJGcTQ

I was just wondering what Mike meant when he said that it wasn't  a troll and we'd see.. maybe at the moment to countdown went to 0 something else happened that we do not know of yet. 

5 minutes ago, HT_lash said:

200 hours for nothing 🤡

well… looks like we will have the live broadcast of the event on the 5th…

After 100 hours we had the date and after another 100 hours we had a time for something we've all been waiting 7 years for. That's not exactly "nothing" in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

After 100 hours we had the date and after another 100 hours we had a time for something we've all been waiting 7 years for. That's not exactly "nothing" in my opinion.

You're not wrong, but at the end of that second timer, I expected something more

21 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Screenshot_20240901-185501_Gallery.jpg?e

Did this image go by quickly? I heard something playing at the end, but I didn't notice this image

Just now, Numbrocker said:

Now I wanna clown and say after all the speculation they might continue as 5.

I'm still going to mentally prepare for a new vocalist. Looks like Mike in that purple/pink Pic. 

Continue as 5 and just have guest vocalists come in for tracks that might call for one - I don't know if it'd be the best move but it definitely would be one of the better ones

Honestly another theory is they could just continue as a 5 piece band and only hire a touring musician/singer to just help with live shows. Especially for someone who is already in a band that isn’t real active at the moment like Emily 

11 minutes ago, Numbrocker said:

Now I wanna clown and say after all the speculation they might continue as 5.

I'm still going to mentally prepare for a new vocalist. Looks like Mike in that purple/pink Pic. 

It would be funny if after all these rumors and speculation there isn't a new vocalist, just Mike on vocals and maybe at most guest features if we're getting a new album. The only issue is touring, unless they get singers to tour with for Chester's parts. I'm still leaning towards a new addition to the band, it makes more sense to me, but who knows. 

4 minutes ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

I would totally hate them having guest vocalists.
I love this band too much to have it ruined by having nothing permanent for future releases.

I agree with you. It's better to have someone permanent in the band. Keeping just the 5 guys would be great, but it wouldn't work live. It's impossible to sing Given Up, for example, with just Mike on vocals and having guest appearances wouldn't give the band any seriousness.

I think there will be a new permanent vocalist, honestly with that picture I think they went the conservative/safe route. They know that anything that they do will be scrutinised to the enth degree so the best option I think is what they did which is to use mike in that still image. New song and video clip though and live performance of that song gets done at the 5th sep event.