Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

4 minutes ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

some people even move their schedule from their job to be able to witness the countdown to zero.

it isn't like we are in high-school

Is this for real? 

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

some people even move their schedule from their job to be able to witness the countdown to zero.

it isn't like we are in high-school

I know lp staff check our forum so fuck you for making fun of us and wasting our time.

The discord has been a cesspit of mods making fun of people upset how this is handled. Idk if they just got post 2017 people to mod or what. 

Even reddit is handling it better. And LPLive I knew would have people with reasonable takes. 

It is fine is people are having fun with this. But there are a lot of us who are not. And that's really sad. And everyone I've seen who isn't are the long time fans. Not the post 2017 ones. 

3 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

Okay cool. That’s all I was curious about. So much happened all at once that I thought I might’ve missed something. 

All good man my fault anyway im constantly misspelling and typing things wrong

Well, i think a fair way to give an opinion of what happened today is saying peacefully (and im not pointing on someone, im just saying on reactions on their stream chat or social media).

Like i said before, i know hat they usually this cryptic stuff to announce new music or something like that, its fair, its ok. This particulary time, in where they were inactive this last 7 years for reasons we already know, i think that could be the exception one that we get the reveal today (or at least some extra info, not saying "we have a new singer" or "we have a new song coming", but something extra to be even more excited).

That said, like i said on the end of the last sentence, despite that im excited, i know that i will not be the same, but im here to see what happens and how it works. So much people is thinking what could happen after they announce whatever they have to announce, and i think that if they took 7 years to come back (apart from the time they needed), it was because they got something that they think it will work great.

Just now, Numbrocker said:

The discord has been a cesspit of mods making fun of people upset how this is handled. Idk if they just got post 2017 people to mod or what. 

Even reddit is handling it better. And LPLive I knew would have people with reasonable takes. 

It is fine is people are having fun with this. But there are a lot of us who are not. And that's really sad. And everyone I've seen who isn't are the long time fans. Not the post 2017 ones. 

My discord servers have light razzing, but it's mostly just a lot of casual ppl saying they're bored with the whole thing

I stopped looking at the MS and LP servers really when the BIO videos had mods making fun of ppl for thinking LP was up to stuff. Like, they buy NFTs, they have no room to call ppl stupid lol

Chill out people ffs, get on with your lives and come back on September 5th. Don't make a fuss of all of that.

Some of you guys pass off as insufferable whiny babies. Get on with your lives and come back on September 5th ffs.

To disagree with the band and marketing team is one thing, but to blatantly insult them and talking about betrayal and shit is taking it too far.

Get some fresh air, breathe deep and go touch grass will ya?

14 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

We went from "all love and support" to "fuck you" in less than 2 hours.

Yeah, it's only getting worse after a proper announcement.

You can't request respect unconditionally. It goes both ways. Fans have been respectful for years. We've been waiting all this time without even knowing if there is ever something going to happen.

And the first sign back is basically getting trolled which is just disrespectful in this whole context. So how can you demand people to still be respectful? And I don't even think people are disrespectful. They are just unhappy.

And this whole thing is not even clever or innovative. This scheme has been done over and over again. There is no clever puzzle behind it or any other twist or whatever. 

Everyone hates announcements of announcements so it is not unexpected that people dislike it.

4 minutes ago, coh1579 said:

Some of you guys pass off as insufferable whiny babies. Get on with your lives and come back on September 5th ffs.

To disagree with the band and marketing team is one thing, but to blatantly insult them and talking about betrayal and shit is taking it too far.

Get some fresh air, breathe deep and go touch grass will ya?

I'm super chill and I'm not angry. I just feel bad because they played with our feelings to do something panned to be cool. Maybe they're enjoying it and laughing but they did underestimate it hurts

28 minutes ago, Numbrocker said:

Long time fan here. Agree 100%

Also, the LP Discord is a dumpster fire. As are most communities when band let fans run things. They really need someone on staff to run it. It’s not welcoming at all. 

2 minutes ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Long time fan here. Agree 100%

Also, the LP Discord is a dumpster fire. As are most communities when band let fans run things. They really need someone on staff to run it. It’s not welcoming at all. 

I have to go to my BTS and sports discords to have a normal convo on LP. 

I tried to post there and give it a chance but today was really my last straw. I'm glad for LPLive and other communities. 

I’m just sick of countdowns to countdowns. My general feeling isn’t that I’m being personally trolled or disrespected or whatever. I just feel too old to care about moving numbers on a screen. Let me know when there’s something worth knowing. The clock glitched at 9:05? It’s supposed to be September 5th? Cool. See you next week.

I get why others feel that way, I guess, but I just don’t want to put that much energy into nothing. Something’s coming. I’d just rather know when it’s ready to be known, versus this. Which I think isn’t just an LP thing for me.

For comparison sake, Oasis posted a time and a date and have been gone for *15* years. Time and date came, announcement happened, easy peasy. No one is *less* excited about that because it was straightforward and quick.

Edited by letdownagain

Look, there are plenty of people that are taking this too hard. And things like taking off work for an announcement we had no real details about (that, yes, fine, was not confirmed by the band to be anything at all, before anyone brings that up again) is...intense, to be graceful about it. But if you're sitting in this thread going "lmaooooooooo it's so embarrassing to be this mad about this" then I think you really simply don't get it. If you've been around long enough (and it kind of feels like a lot of people haven't!), you know how this band cultivates its fanbase, and how the fans themselves talk about each other - the idea that the LP community is a family, and all that. I've always felt that that's a little too parasocial for my tastes, but you cannot deny that a big portion of the diehards here - the kind of people who would schedule their day around the end of this countdown - are exactly the fans that this band should be treating with more grace, more respect.

A lot of people in here aren't doing that in either direction, frankly - the investment should be respected, and the excitement for what actually came down should be respected, too. Seeing people make accounts just to be like "lmao get trolled, shit your diaper some more" is embarrassing. Of course the Discord is a complete shithole, that's to be expected, but that's embarrassing, too - an officially-sanctioned discussion space where people are acting like we should have expected this to be a twelve-day rollout for whatever the fuck is coming (which, it must be made clear, still has had zero official information provided!), or that if you're upset that a clear countdown to a specific time and date didn't result in information being provided, then you're a dumb fuck who deserves to be laughed at.

If the fan discontent is properly reaching the band or their representatives, I hope they recognize that news this major should have a much shorter teaser window next time. But, then again, there won't be news THIS major ever again, so there's that opportunity missed, I guess. We'll see!

Couple months from now we're all gonna be looking at this like: "Yeaah, that thing with a bunch of countdowns, when they got everybody excited and into all these wild speculations. It wasn't even that "fun" at the time, it actually felt like "torture" at times with all the suspension and confusion, but thankfully it eventually led to release of great music and now we have a world tour to look forward to !"

Edited by millytripleseven

My final thoughts about today after thinking about it and reading others reactions for a few hours. 

A lot of people thought they were going to a part of something really special today with thousands of other people who care as much as them. The thought of them coming back is a very emotional thing for all of us, and for years we were uncertain about whether or not it would ever happen again. While I’m not personally super upset about it, I think they made the wrong call. Today should’ve been a fun day that brought everyone in the community together for the first time in years. 

If they wanted to do it in a way where it’s an announcement of an announcement of an announcement or whatever, then I think part 1 of the process being a literal countdown clock was probably a mistake. 

like I’ve said, I don’t mind the anticipation personally, and I think half the fun is this brief period of time where everyone is speculating, deciphering, and dreaming about what’s gonna happen, so I don’t mind another week of it.. and we did get a date today so it wasn’t completely nothing.. but I really do understand a feel awful for anyone upset right now, and who went out of there way to be there for the end of that countdown today. 

The good news though, is that there is still good news coming. It’s not like they just upgraded the website to 4K. The announcement is still going to be what most of us are hoping it will be, it’s just a little more delayed than we thought, and there was a bit more to it than anticipated. 

All other criticism aside, it just feels like such a lazy and tired gimmick at this point. It’s been done before by them and others countless times. It doesn’t inspire confidence in the creativity of the upcoming cycle at all for me. They need new ideas, badly. 

2 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

A lot of people thought they were going to a part of something really special today with thousands of other people who care as much as them. The thought of them coming back is a very emotional thing for all of us, and for years we were uncertain about whether or not it would ever happen again. While I’m not personally super upset about it, I think they made the wrong call. Today should’ve been a fun day that brought everyone in the community together for the first time in years. 

This was perfectly put. There's people from this website and just people I've met in line at shows and keep in touch with on Facebook, that I've been reconnecting with. Today was supposed to by my personal LP community coming together and being with each other whatever this turned out to be.

I not going to stop supporting the guys because of this. But I wish they had been kinder to us diehards. Oasis really is the perfect example. 

I'm sorry, but as somebody who DID schedule my day around the countdown, it is embarrassing the amount of people acting like this is a grave betrayal. Does the countdown ending in nothing suck? Abso-fucking-lutely. But, at the end of the day, it's your own decision to schedule your day around it. You can't let entertainers - even ones we love as much as Linkin Park - dictate your mood to this extent with a marketing move. It's not healthy.

Edited by leftshoe18

3 minutes ago, Chazy987 said:

Gigantic rumor. Thougts?

No way. The rumor is that it's Healing Foot ft Twenty One Pilots. The full screenshot shows how fake it is.