I have little hope for a Collision Course reissue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

I guess that including it in Papercuts was the Happy 20th anniversary lol

There's still some hope for half of the Roxy show...

22 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

There's still some hope for half of the Roxy show...

Like felipe said, they will never release anything if money is not involved! lol

would be cool if they just randomly uploaded that whole show to youtube.. unedited, raw who cares

but its never going to happen/

2 hours ago, LPsMart said:

That's disappointing imo.. would have loved to dig deeper into that creative process. I guess everything there is to see and hear is basically already out there, so totally understandable anyway :)

I was hoping to had the remaining Roxy show and the LPU5 tracks on CD, since are impossible to get nowadays. But after two massive boxsets, I can't complain. It would have been a cool bonus anyway!

11 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

what is the issue with the band not celebrating CC20? Are they having a feud with Jay?

I think it comes to a question of cost/benefit. Dealing with Roc Nation or whatever enterprise that has Jay Z's catalog for just an EP with barely any additional stuff, with the risk of being a commercial failure, isn't worth.

LP hardcore fan base isn't so big as some people of this forum think. Yeah, Numb/Encore is quite popular, but nobody remember the remaining tracks.

Besides, best case scenario, what can you throw on an hypothetical edition? The Roxy, Live 8 show and the MFR 05? That shit fits on one single DVD and it's just for us. 

It wouldn't necessarily have to be a full-blown box set. Do a 2-disc release (one CD, one DVD or Blu-Ray) with Collision Course and the officially released live tracks on the CD and the making of (maybe extended, maybe not) and the full Roxy show on the DVD.

You have to wonder how much Papercuts impacted the decision to not do a Collision Course celebration. Two big archive releases in one year? Unlikely. But one...? It'll always be a "what if."

31 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

You have to wonder how much Papercuts impacted the decision to not do a Collision Course celebration. Two big archive releases in one year? Unlikely. But one...? It'll always be a "what if."

I think that if the band decided to remain on hiatus CC20 Was supposed to happen but then they decided to comeback so.. they needed Papercuts to close the Chester era...

2 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I hope that the imminent comeback doesn't mean we won't get a MTM20 or ATS20.

HT20 was Warner's idea 

HT20, M20 and Papercuts proved that the formula is succesful. They are all about money so for sure they will convince the band to release those special editions. Just look at the number of Papercuts versions available its crazy.

5 hours ago, Rasputin 93 said:

Throwing the full Roxy show onto YouTube would be the easiest way to circumvent all of the aforementioned issues.

For free? No way.

With a CC20 release, the mass public would start to talk much more about "milking chester's legacy". It would be too much, like the band is trying too hard to stay relevant with old material.

1 hour ago, vinifeijo said:

"milking chester's legacy"

I think, it's already happening. Look how much versions Papercuts (+Qwerty/FF) vinyls they release.

37 minutes ago, mrfox said:

I think, it's already happening. Look how much versions Papercuts (+Qwerty/FF) vinyls they release.

Pretty dystopian future for LINKIN PARK fans.

On 5/16/2024 at 8:48 AM, leftshoe18 said:

I hope that the imminent comeback doesn't mean we won't get a MTM20 or ATS20.

I also hope it doesn't affect MTM20 and ATS20!
That would be a shot in the foot. :(

3 hours ago, thigolpbr said:

I also hope it doesn't affect MTM20 and ATS20!
That would be a shot in the foot. :(

I can see an ATS20 boxset, not so sure about a Living Thing 20, if you know where I'm going...

1 hour ago, bloodbath said:

I can see an ATS20 boxset, not so sure about a Living Thing 20, if you know where I'm going...

I also can only imagine MTM20 and ATS20 after these I don't think the band would release any more box sets.

Also some celebration for HT30 I think it's worth it

Unfortunately it will probably make the most sense after ATS20 to then work on more Hybrid Theory stuff. LT, THP, and OML may not get box sets.

Or maybe they will get smaller, toned-down ones.

3 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Unfortunately it will probably make the most sense after ATS20 to then work on more Hybrid Theory stuff. LT, THP, and OML may not get box sets.

Or maybe they will get smaller, toned-down ones.

I sure hope not, there's still so much to discover from LT onwards and it would be a shame to not get any or a tiny carelessly thrown together mini anniversary edition.

There's still fans of those albums out there, you know. They're all gems.