Jeff Blue Teases an possible documentary?

rqthomazini

7 hours ago, thigolpbr said:

I don't think he would announce something like that without thinking. I think this comes from months of conversation before he decided to do this.
we don't know yet how he will do it, but it will happen.
whether it will be shared for download or played live on instagram we don't know yet, but I believe this comes from months of talking to him to do this. and also demos from xero and Hybrid theory(band).

If Mike has no interest in it and Jeff has these demos I don't see why not let the fans hear it, what's the harm in that?
it was also a waste that these demos were left out of HT20, as well as several other things were left out of the box.

We can only hope how Jeff will do it...

I think from what we know they are:

Deftest

Dreamer & Weight

Pointillism

Turn To Gray

Ashes

Flower

Yeah, plus even if there was no conversation between the band/Warner and Jeff, the bridge between Jeff and LP was burnt decades ago, they don't want anything to do with him and haven't since Hybrid Theory. Some of their statements about him in interviews indicate as such. It's not like he'd really be losing anything by releasing it. Plus Jeff already confirmed that demos will be a part of the vault. Legality on some things are definitely questionable, but Jeff has a degree in entertainment law so he'd know better than I would.

And Two is another one that Jeff confirmed in an interview around the HT20 time as an outro to And One, otherwise I think it'll mostly be variants of tracks we already have: Mark versions of HT EP songs and Slip, pre-HT EP And One, Xero Instrumentals, and maybe the songs they did at NRG for Hybrid Theory that weren't on the album if they weren't scrapped early on. There's probably other demos we don't know about as well.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, HFL377 said:

Someone asked in the comments of his IG announcement post: "Will we get the demos you mentioned in your book? 😮"

Jeff responded: "yes"

Pretty clear cut to me.

I think legally, once you get contacted by Warner or LP after posting this statement publicly if you are Jeff, things become much more complicated than just "I am going to release demos online" lol

32 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

I think legally, once you get contacted by Warner or LP after posting this statement publicly if you are Jeff, things become much more complicated than just "I am going to release demos online" lol

As I mentioned above, Jeff has a degree in entertainment law. He'd know what he can get away with legally in this regard better than I would. If he hasn't thought about the legality of it, he's probably the biggest buffoon in the music industry. The moral implications I could see, it definitely seems like he's doing it as a "fuck you" to the band and Mark or as a way to gain clout. But we'll see what happens, he hasn't released anything yet.

Let's say that Jeff know the grey areas of the law (which probably is true) and he gets away with it. What does he gain pissing off a band which he had a bitter relationship with, and he even has published a book about how he discovered them and gain some money with that, adding more fuel to the band's discontent. Really, what's his main goal? I see can't see any positive outcome in any way.

Edited by bloodbath

Just saw this on his website:

"In 2022, Jeff partnered with Mark Wahlberg’s production company to create two music docuseries and his best-selling book “One Step Closer”, (Simon & Schuster) is being made into a major motion picture."

On 5/10/2023 at 12:03 PM, HFL377 said:

Just saw this on his website:

"In 2022, Jeff partnered with Mark Wahlberg’s production company to create two music docuseries and his best-selling book “One Step Closer”, (Simon & Schuster) is being made into a major motion picture."

I really hope not. At least not without heavy, HEAVY involvement from the band members.

On 5/12/2023 at 6:25 AM, leftshoe18 said:

I don't see how you could even do a "major motion picture" about Linkin Park without the band members involvement. It would be beyond disrespectful.

Hence why you probably don't see the band supporting anything Jeff is doing...

I really hope Jeff can have some cool stuff to share with the fans.
as I said before, it's probably material that the band doesn't care about and doesn't like.

I hope that in the next few days something will be released.

When it comes down to it, the best thing I can say is not to get your hopes up on this. I would LOVE to hear these old goodies, really, I would. Maybe he has old footage of Xero/Hybrid Theory performing. That would be GREAT. I think legally, there shouldn't be any issues. Otherwise, there would have been huge problems with From Xero to #1. So legally, I doubt there would be much trouble. But I still don't want to get my hopes up that we get these things from him yet. It just feels unlikely. I guess we'll have to wait and find out. I would certainly love to hear this alternate And One we've heard so much about, and obviously the last of the Xero stuff would be pretty cool to say we have, too. I know how a lot of us are completionists with the band.

6 hours ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

When it comes down to it, the best thing I can say is not to get your hopes up on this. I would LOVE to hear these old goodies, really, I would. Maybe he has old footage of Xero/Hybrid Theory performing. That would be GREAT. I think legally, there shouldn't be any issues. Otherwise, there would have been huge problems with From Xero to #1. So legally, I doubt there would be much trouble. But I still don't want to get my hopes up that we get these things from him yet. It just feels unlikely. I guess we'll have to wait and find out. I would certainly love to hear this alternate And One we've heard so much about, and obviously the last of the Xero stuff would be pretty cool to say we have, too. I know how a lot of us are completionists with the band.

Everyone doubts about it

So we have to ask Jeff Blue himself to find out.

I think Jeff needs our encouragement and support.

If we love these demos then we should try for them.

Linkin Park doesn't release them, so only Jeff can.

He is doing a great job
he is going to release a lot of demos, so please support.

He is a great man and he is doing this for us.

Fans went crazy for the (HT20) that was so weak.

But this is ten times bigger and free, so support and appreciation to Jeff Blue is necessary.

Please someone ask him if the release is definite.
Thank you all

11 hours ago, Robert said:

Fans went crazy for the (HT20) that was so weak.

How in the hell was HT20 weak? We got a ton of great stuff there. Pictureboard and Stick N Move with Chester were songs the community wanted for years. We also got songs we never even knew existed (Dialate and Could Have Been) not to mention new live stuff including our first pro shot of the My Own Summer cover. HT20 kicked major amounts of ass.

14 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

How in the hell was HT20 weak? We got a ton of great stuff there. Pictureboard and Stick N Move with Chester were songs the community wanted for years. We also got songs we never even knew existed (Dialate and Could Have Been) not to mention new live stuff including our first pro shot of the My Own Summer cover. HT20 kicked major amounts of ass.

HT20 was very weak
We weren't looking for Mark Wakefield like we aren't now.

We are looking for (Turn to Grey, Ashes, Flower) and version 2000 of Slip and One, Pictureboard) and unknown music of Hybrid Theory.

Jeff Blue said they have recorded dozens of things.
And there are still other things like that song with dust brothers.

They did not give us these
And they gave you the dialate.

And as for the video part
They didn't give us even a second of new footage.

There was no behind-the-scenes footage of the music videos, no footage of the Hybrid Theory album record, while everyone wanted it.

And about the concerts, in 2000 we have 77 concerts and in 2001, we have 167 concerts.
But we didn't get anything.
(HT 20) was for people with low expectations and was very weak.

14 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

Jeff Blue is going to release a train full of music and video for free, this is called a release.

HT20 was just a joke, I expected to get at least 6 concerts, see behind the scenes of music videos, behind the scenes of concerts, see Linkin Park moments and hear at least ten great demos with Chester.

14 minutes ago, Robert said:

hear at least ten great demos with Chester.

That's expecting WAY too much from LP. They might not even HAVE that many Hybrid Theory era demos with Chaz on them. I feel like if they had some of these things, they would have released them. That, or if they felt they were even good. I have no doubt that it will be cool to get these things from Jeff Blue, but there is every possibility that they aren't all that great, just based on the fact that they weren't included on what the band thought should go on Hybrid. Maybe they just couldn't find them because Jeff has them. I can't say for sure. But expecting that much from their earliest album, which we had already gotten a LOT from before HT20, by the way, is pretty absurd, respectfully.

I fully support Jeff releasing these demos.
Mike doesn't care about these demos, so much so that he didn't release them on HT20.
like i said xero and hybrid theory(band) jeff can release!
he can't release anything from the time the band recorded as an LP.

Anyway, let's wait next week to see if he releases any more information on how he will do this.

Ps. about the HT20 it's not weak and not amazing, some points I would add or change to be perfect:

- TAPE XERO
- FULL SHOW LAS VEGAS (WITH TALKS BETWEEN THE SONGS AND WITHOUT THE BLENDING OF SAN DIEGO FILMING)
- I WOULD EXCHANGE THE ROCK AM RING FOR A FULL SHOW ON THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2001.
- INCLUDE AT LEAST TWO MORE DEMOS NEVER HEARD BY FANS.

If so, the box would have been perfect in my opinion.

Hi

Please support Jeff Blue
To answer all the questions about the first five years of Linkin Park

when Hearing these demos we will see other layers of Linkin Park as we saw with Meteora 23.

Jeff Blue never say  anything unless it is true, he said he has many things, both music and video.

So if you want all this stuff for free
send him a message and support him

Thank you

11 minutes ago, Robert said:

Hi

Please support Jeff Blue
To answer all the questions about the first five years of Linkin Park

when Hearing these demos we will see other layers of Linkin Park as we saw with Meteora 23.

Jeff Blue never say  anything unless it is true, he said he has many things, both music and video.

So if you want all this stuff for free
send him a message and support him

Thank you

There's no need to create a separate thread about it.

On 5/19/2023 at 2:01 PM, Robert said:

HT20 was very weak
We weren't looking for Mark Wakefield like we aren't now.

We are looking for (Turn to Grey, Ashes, Flower) and version 2000 of Slip and One, Pictureboard) and unknown music of Hybrid Theory.

Jeff Blue said they have recorded dozens of things.
And there are still other things like that song with dust brothers.

They did not give us these
And they gave you the dialate.

And as for the video part
They didn't give us even a second of new footage.

There was no behind-the-scenes footage of the music videos, no footage of the Hybrid Theory album record, while everyone wanted it.

And about the concerts, in 2000 we have 77 concerts and in 2001, we have 167 concerts.
But we didn't get anything.
(HT 20) was for people with low expectations and was very weak.

Jeff Blue is going to release a train full of music and video for free, this is called a release.

HT20 was just a joke, I expected to get at least 6 concerts, see behind the scenes of music videos, behind the scenes of concerts, see Linkin Park moments and hear at least ten great demos with Chester.

I'm sorry, but you've taken HT20 completely wrong or you're Jeff using ChatGTP as a disguise.

Yes, the band recorded dozens of things, but first and foremost they don't have to release everything, for their own private reasons. We, as a fans, sometimes we acted as a bunch of spoiled kids in the past, like in the LPU8 or LPU16 cases. Instead of complaining about what we don't have, what about if we appreciate what we got? Most of bands doesn't take care of their fanbase as LP does, releasing demos each fucking year from their vault. It's incredible after all these years we still had unreleased material, after leaking stuff from that period for a long time.

Secondly, I think this anniversary has distorted your take on reality, you can't ask for SBD recordings of every show or a making of the album, because it doesn't fucking exist. The LP who recorded Meteora was the jewel of the crown for Warner, for that they destined resources (for beginners, money), for everything LP does because they pretty know for sure that this investment is going to have a return (for beginners, again, it's called business).

The LP who recorded Hybrid Theory was, in the other hand, a band who wasn't even trusted by his own manager. How the fuck are they're gonna invest money in something they don't truly believe? "Hey, we're executives at Warner with a crystal ball and we've have seen that this band we actually despise is going to break the mold with this record, so let's film everything"

And after this rant, I think I'm gonna to open my boxset and watch my PR02 DVD, which I just discovered that it has been around in the internet since 2002, since there wasn't any second of new footage and I didn't notice.

5 hours ago, bloodbath said:

I'm sorry, but you've taken HT20 completely wrong or you're Jeff using ChatGTP as a disguise.

Yes, the band recorded dozens of things, but first and foremost they don't have to release everything, for their own private reasons. We, as a fans, sometimes we acted as a bunch of spoiled kids in the past, like in the LPU8 or LPU16 cases. Instead of complaining about what we don't have, what about if we appreciate what we got? Most of bands doesn't take care of their fanbase as LP does, releasing demos each fucking year from their vault. It's incredible after all these years we still had unreleased material, after leaking stuff from that period for a long time.

Secondly, I think this anniversary has distorted your take on reality, you can't ask for SBD recordings of every show or a making of the album, because it doesn't fucking exist. The LP who recorded Meteora was the jewel of the crown for Warner, for that they destined resources (for beginners, money), for everything LP does because they pretty know for sure that this investment is going to have a return (for beginners, again, it's called business).

The LP who recorded Hybrid Theory was, in the other hand, a band who wasn't even trusted by his own manager. How the fuck are they're gonna invest money in something they don't truly believe? "Hey, we're executives at Warner with a crystal ball and we've have seen that this band we actually despise is going to break the mold with this record, so let's film everything"

And after this rant, I think I'm gonna to open my boxset and watch my PR02 DVD, which I just discovered that it has been around in the internet since 2002, since there wasn't any second of new footage and I didn't notice.

The music videos of Crawling Papercut and in the end were made after the success of the LP, so why behind the scenes It was not in HT20

2001 was the year of success of the album and they held 167 concerts, why at least six concerts was not in HT 20

But why did they add already seen concerts?

Why did they publish Dialate but
They didn't release Turn To Grey (everybody want this)

If they release, release everything or release what the fans want

As for Meteora, they still haven't released the demos of Ssomewhere I Belong, Lying from You, Easier to Run, Don't Stay, and Nobody's Listening and Numb.

They didn't even release Wizard Song and A Six (Chester version) that everyone wanted in M20

If they publish, publish everything or publish something that the fans want

However, the HT20 was very weak
I hope Jeff Blue's demos come soon so that the HT20 disaster is forgotten