Justus Bennetts - "Everything Is Nothing" (Produced by Mike Shinoda) // Out Now!

lpliveusername

Back in March we reported that singer/rapper Justus Bennetts had posted a preview of an unreleased song he did with Mike Shinoda called 'Everything Is Nothing'. The full song is now officially available on all digital music platforms. The track was co-written and co-produced by Mike Shinoda with songwriters Pat Linehan and Remy Gautreau. Bennetts said about the song:

"2 years ago i dropped out off community college i had no idea what i wanted to do with my life i bounced around from job to job till i finally lost it i discovered that there's nothing in this world that truly matters more than your own sanity and i bottled up that feeling and put a little bit into this song you're listening too"

A second collaboration between Justus Bennetts and Mike Shinoda titled 'Choosing Violence' has been registered on BMI. The song was written in collaboration with young artist Boon and songwriter Jesse Fink (who also co-wrote Renforshort's 'I Drive Me Mad'). In November 2021, Boon shared a short video from the vocal booth in Mike's studio and Bennetts was seen beside him while the song is played. Watch it here.

Visit our Linkinpedia page for more information.

It’s alright.

I get that Mike keeps collaborating with younger, lesser known talent to give back to the industry and set up the future, etc., and it’s admirable and all… I just wish he would collaborate with some bigger and more established artists as well sometimes.

11 hours ago, Justin said:

It’s alright.

I get that Mike keeps collaborating with younger, lesser known talent to give back to the industry and set up the future, etc., and it’s admirable and all… I just wish he would collaborate with some bigger and more established artists as well sometimes.

Personally, I don't mind him collaboration with younger artists...I just wish the songs were cool. Everything kid of feels the same to me

1 hour ago, martinez said:

I want to check the credits for the song but I couldn't find them. Wanted to see if that's the same collaborator as for the RFTS and no Boon and Boonn are two different persons.

It's a different Boon. This one is younger. I think he is a solo artist. His name is Edison Boon Eason. The other Boonn (with two "N"s), the one on Running From My Shadow, is part of Grandson's band. His real name is Kevin Hissink.

16 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

It's a different Boon. This one is younger. I think he is a solo artist. His name is Edison Boon Eason. The other Boonn (with two "N"s), the one on Running From My Shadow, is part of Grandson's band. His real name is Kevin Hissink.

Yeah, I already got that from qobuz, I mean about Boonn and  Kevin Hissink.

Edited by martinez

I don't know anything about Justus but I'm liking this song, I rarely even listen to this type of music. I like especially how the drums sound. This song has a little 2000's vibe no? Smash Mouth comes to mind.