new unofficial DVD - Coup D'Etat?

ana

I was searching on eil.com when I also found this:

LINKIN PARK Coup D'Etat (2009 UK Deluxe Edition 2-disc DVD set which tells the complete story from their earliest days in California struggling to find a record deal, through one success after another to culminate with their position today as a first class rock band, up there with the very finest the world has to offer, containing rare footage, exclusive archive material, interviews with the band and those who’ve known them best, contributions from the finest rock writers and journalists around, location shoots, seldom seen photographs and a host of other features including digital photo gallery, interactive discography, extended interviews and more...)

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=467387

I was searching on eil.com when I also found this:

LINKIN PARK Coup D'Etat (2009 UK Deluxe Edition 2-disc DVD set which tells the complete story from their earliest days in California struggling to find a record deal, through one success after another to culminate with their position today as a first class rock band, up there with the very finest the world has to offer, containing rare footage, exclusive archive material, interviews with the band and those who’ve known them best, contributions from the finest rock writers and journalists around, location shoots, seldom seen photographs and a host of other features including digital photo gallery, interactive discography, extended interviews and more...)

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=467387

From the description, it sounds like this one might be worth getting (it'd be the first unofficial double DVD, I'm pretty sure). I'd still be wary of it though.

• 2 weeks later...

F*ck man

hey felipeintheend !

brother this thing want login on thebyes.net

and due to some faults it banned my ip

can u give another link 2 this file withot any loggin .

or if u have downloaded it can u seed it on demonoid or any other site ??

Wrong - just because its an unofficial LP release, it is still official material by definition. Therefore, no download links. If an item is for sale in the store, on the web, etc., it's an official release...be it by LP or not.

I'm sorry, but this is absolute bullshit. ANYONE can make an unauthorized biography and obtain the rights to sell it commercially. Are you saying we should pay money to people who are deliberately putting out inferior products to cash in on Linkin Park's fame? Paying for one of these is just as bad as paying for a B O O T L E G. The people who make these are nothing more than glorified B O O T L E G G E R S who can get away with selling their products because of a legal loophole.

*Edit* Oh, and nice use of the censored words list. You can't say B O O T L E G or any form of it on this website, it automatically gets changed. NEWSFLASH: There is a fucking difference between a B O O T L E G G E R and a "live audio/video archivist," and there is a time and a place when using that word and its derivative forms are perfectly acceptable.

Good to see the Communist China LPL making a return.

Edited by Astat

Good to see the Communist China LPL making a return.

Quite simply put, I think you're out of line on this one.

There is a VERY thin line this site treads upon, as I'm pretty sure WB and it's representatives would have no qualms whatsoever about shutting it down the second we put anything up that appears to be an official release. Don't think they're watching? You'd be surprised. You said it yourself:

make an unauthorized biography and obtain the rights to sell it commercially

Commercially released materials, no matter the quality, source, content, etc should not be allowed here. Do I truly believe that? No. Download that shit, as Mike said years ago. But I won't cross that line here out of respect for Mark and all he's achieved and I'm surely not going to gamble on his part by passing stuff on like that here.

And, if you're going to flip script over the use of a word - which was likely "banned" as a joke and forgotten to be removed from the filter - then you've completely lost your sense of humor.

Quite simply put, I think you're out of line on this one.

There is a VERY thin line this site treads upon, as I'm pretty sure WB and it's representatives would have no qualms whatsoever about shutting it down the second we put anything up that appears to be an official release. Don't think they're watching? You'd be surprised. You said it yourself:

Commercially released materials, no matter the quality, source, content, etc should not be allowed here. Do I truly believe that? No. Download that shit, as Mike said years ago. But I won't cross that line here out of respect for Mark and all he's achieved and I'm surely not going to gamble on his part by passing stuff on like that here.

And, if you're going to flip script over the use of a word - which was likely "banned" as a joke and forgotten to be removed from the filter - then you've completely lost your sense of humor.

I had Legend look into the banning of the word bootleg, and he knew absolutely nothing about it, but he removed it from the filter.

Problem solved.

Holy fucking SHIT people need to calm down. Jesus christ there is no reason to flip out over something like this. I have no idea why bootleg was on the filtered words list. I didn't even know we HAD a filtered word list. I guess I have to accept responsibility and apologize on behalf of whomever did it since I run the site but I mean damn, don't go and flip out over something so simple.

We hate them as much as you. However, the law doesn't have an opinion of us or the bootleggers so we must side with the law and be careful here. I hate people that make unofficial shit and sell it just as much as I hate people that sell their recordings. Like I said though, we can't do a damn thing about it. It's still considered "official" in some means, even if it is a legal loophole, so we must obey the law here no matter what we think of it.

No reason to flip shit and cause a confrontation about it. Felipe I respect your opinion on the matter but regardless of what you think, we're not posting links to it here. Period.

ah I got it...

But it makes sense to me *related to this topic*:

Official is (to me) when a DVD has been published/released by any approved Label/Company.

Edited by ana

Holy fucking SHIT people need to calm down. Jesus christ there is no reason to flip out over something like this. I have no idea why bootleg was on the filtered words list. I didn't even know we HAD a filtered word list. I guess I have to accept responsibility and apologize on behalf of whomever did it since I run the site but I mean damn, don't go and flip out over something so simple.

We hate them as much as you. However, the law doesn't have an opinion of us or the bootleggers so we must side with the law and be careful here. I hate people that make unofficial shit and sell it just as much as I hate people that sell their recordings. Like I said though, we can't do a damn thing about it. It's still considered "official" in some means, even if it is a legal loophole, so we must obey the law here no matter what we think of it.

No reason to flip shit and cause a confrontation about it. Felipe I respect your opinion on the matter but regardless of what you think, we're not posting links to it here. Period.

I set this filter up, but I'm sure someone else knew about it, oh well. It was more a prank, nothing really serious. But the thing is I thought the filter didn't work so I forgot about it. When Nick and I were trying it the filter didn't work...

The filter changed bootleg to recording and bootlegger to live a/v archivist or something like that. I did it cause so many people use the word bootleg in the wrong context.

I know some people think different about this topic but this is not part of this discussion.

I apologize for setting it up, it was a mishap, cause it wasn't working before.

Even if it's not officially from the label/band it's still official in some way and copyrighted! Our very detailed rules about what's allowed and what's not clearly state that.

Not allowed:

[...] Releases sold commercially as “Tribute to…”, “Unauthorized Biography of…” or those of similar content; [...]

• 3 weeks later...

This dvd is shit and not worth to download. Acctually there 2 dvds, both sucks. Nothing that we dont already know, interviews with noobie ex lpu members, and couple other people who have absolutely nothing to do with LP. DONT BUY IT, DONT DOWNLOAD IT, you waste your time if you do.

This dvd is shit and not worth to download. Acctually there 2 dvds, both sucks. Nothing that we dont already know, interviews with noobie ex lpu members, and couple other people who have absolutely nothing to do with LP. DONT BUY IT, DONT DOWNLOAD IT, you waste your time if you do.

thanks bro.

i was about to download it.

but is there any show clip that v dont have ?