Grey Daze Releases 2002 Remaster of "B12"!

lpliveusername

Great news for old school Grey Daze fans: Grey Daze has officially released Sean Dowdell's 2002 remaster of 'B12' in great quality! This version of the song features 'In The End'-esque guitars not present in the original 1997 recording.

Back in 2002 ...No Sun Today-era guitarist Bobby Benish was diagnosed with a brain tumor. To raise money for his treatment, the band planned a reunion show at the Dodge Theatre which had to be canceled due to Chester's contractual obligations with Warner Bros. Records. In addition to that, Sean also went into the studio to remaster the band's final studio album with the addition of newly recorded parts and a release set for June 2003 via Artemis Records. Unfortunately, Chester's label blocked the release from ever seing the light of day.

Fast forward to 2007, LPAssociation got a hold of the entire album and started posting the tracks one by one in anticipation of a new release attempt from Sean. Once again Warner intervened and LPAssociation was forced to stop releasing the songs before the album was complete. The new versions of 'Soul Song', 'Saturation' and 'The Down Syndrome (Acoustic)' never came out to the public.

Hopefully today's release means we'll finally get to hear this long-awaited version of ...No Sun Today!

For more information, check out the ...No Sun Today page on Linkinpedia and the Grey Daze Story:

https://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=...No_Sun_Today

https://lplive.net/wiki/exclusives/grey-daze-story/

On 12/4/2021 at 8:36 PM, DIE4U92 said:

Do you really care THAT much ? I agree they should have called it “1997 version/ take/whatever, but is that really important? 

When it’s a song that you specifically finished and updated because your friend died of cancer, then probably yeah.

in short, your friend Sean is full of shit man.

Edited by Wilderness

1 hour ago, Wilderness said:

When it’s a song that you specifically finished and updated because your friend died of cancer, then probably yeah.

in short, your friend Sean is full of shit man.

“My friend Sean”, I don’t know him. Anyway, I personally don’t care much about this version or the date (with all the obvious due respect to the poor Benish, God bless him). 
Don’t get why everything Grey Daze does gets scrutinized in every single aspect and harshly criticized, just listen to the song if you enjoy it or ignore it if you don’t like it, that’s my POV. 

Edited by DIE4U92

27 minutes ago, DIE4U92 said:

“My friend Sean”, I don’t know him. Anyway, I personally don’t care much about this version or the date (with all the obvious due respect to the poor Benish, God bless him). 
Don’t get why everything Grey Daze does gets scrutinized in every single aspect and harshly criticized, just listen to the song if you enjoy it or ignore it if you don’t like it, that’s my POV. 

Well I do quite like it. And don't take my 'your friend' comment too seriously - just my sense of humour. :)

I just think Sean's a dick.

On 12/3/2021 at 10:04 AM, DIE4U92 said:

Sean wrote on IG “the first of many more gifts to come”. So we’ll have more stuff too! 

If they are putting out demos (the B12 they released isn't a demo, but the 2002 remaster version, but still), they should, if they have them anyway, put out the unreleased studio version demos of The Endless Highway, How Would You Be, Painted, Beyond Warm, Piece Of My Mind, Everybody's Falling To Pieces, Old School, Super Star, Ryan's Wisdom, and Forever. They could even officially release the 1994 demos of My Bluest Day, Smoke Mouth, Starting To Fly, Believe Me, Morei Sky, and Shouting Out.

1 minute ago, NJPLP said:

If they are putting out demos (the B12 they released isn't a demo, but the 2002 remaster version, but still), they should, if they have them anyway, put out the unreleased studio version demos of The Endless Highway, How Would You Be, Painted, Beyond Warm, Piece Of My Mind, Everybody's Falling To Pieces, Old School, Super Star, Ryan's Wisdom, and Forever. They could even officially release the 1994 demos of My Bluest Day, Smoke Mouth, Starting To Fly, Believe Me, Morei Sky, and Shouting Out.

That would basically freak me out TBH 😍😍

Yeah the comments about it not being a demo are correct. Sean did this in 2002 for a 2003 release and the LP label blocked it. https://www.lpassociation.com/forum/threads/coming-soon-exclusive-remastered-audio-of-grey-dazes-no-sun-today.25382/ Info is there. It's a remaster.

All for accuracy but it seems like that comes last these days - GD B12, LP Shadow of the Day, Mike mislabeling LPU demo years, etc. We'll at least note it correctly on the wiki and that's all we can do.

If all of those are released then that's a good project, IMO.