Mike Writing With Eg White

LPLStaff

On Twitch today, Mike said that he is doing a writing session over Zoom with Eg White. Eg, who we all know from Linkin Park's last album, co-wrote the title track 'One More Light' with Mike. Mike originally performed lead vocals on the track until the band decided to switch the vocals out for Chester's version just before the album was completed.

To read more about the background behind 'One More Light' (song), visit the song's Linkinpedia page.

In March 2019, Eg joined Mike on stage in London to perform 'One More Light' for just the second time since Chester's passing, the first being the Hollywood Bowl Celebration of Life performance. The fan-filmed video from London has over 1.7 million views on YouTube and the performance that day received considerable attention on social media.

Source: BroodingAnanas via Twitter

4 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazeWorshipper said:

So..

a finished version with Mike on vocals exists?

omg.

lol

Yes, all you have to do is download multitracks and just remove the Chester's vocals, then you will hear Mike's version.

I even talked about that long time ago that even in the One More Light (Steve Aoki Chester Forever Remix), you can hear Mike's vocals too.

1 minute ago, martinez said:

lol

Yes, all you have to do is download multitracks and just remove the Chester's vocals, then you will hear Mike's version.

I even talked about that long time ago that even in the One More Light (Steve Aoki Chester Forever Remix), you can hear Mike's vocals too.

those are just backup vocals

and they have some weird effects on them

1 hour ago, martinez said:

lol

That is litterally so far away from being the same, that it’s not even worth mentioning.

I remember that with Tom Morello was the same, some people were like: "wow, Tom Morello? it's gonna be an awesome song" and later the same people were like: "meh, he's wasting his talent on this track"

I wish you guys an awesome track with Eg :)

PS: I like Drawbar.

16 hours ago, martinez said:

I remember that with Tom Morello was the same, some people were like: "wow, Tom Morello? it's gonna be an awesome song" and later the same people were like: "meh, he's wasting his talent on this track"

Personally, I felt that it was a missed opportunity. Tom Morello is one of the fathers of new metal-riffing in a way and seeing how the whole album turned out with all the guests being "representative" for their sound Tom's part felt lacking. Like with Daren on "Rebellion" I hoped for something similar with Tom. "Drawbar" is a nice little instrumental, sure. But seeing how motivated Tom was when he went in the studio it's a shame IMO that this was everything they came up with. Not putting any blame on anyone for it, though.

1 hour ago, Trumtram said:

Personally, I felt that it was a missed opportunity. Tom Morello is one of the fathers of new metal-riffing in a way and seeing how the whole album turned out with all the guests being "representative" for their sound Tom's part felt lacking. Like with Daren on "Rebellion" I hoped for something similar with Tom. "Drawbar" is a nice little instrumental, sure. But seeing how motivated Tom was when he went in the studio it's a shame IMO that this was everything they came up with. Not putting any blame on anyone for it, though.

You know, I'm not sure if Tom is the only person, people should blame, IMO they should blame mainly LP for how the track sounds. I think Tom might just adjusted for what the band wanted. The band always could say "you know Tom we wanted on this track something more dynamic, aggressive" etc.

LP learned me to expect the unexpected, so when I see even the [add your favorite artist here] that they will be working together I'm not hyped too much, I want to be rather surprised in a good way than disappointed because I was too much hyped for the song.

Edited by martinez

5 hours ago, martinez said:

You know, I'm not sure if Tom is the only person, people should blame, IMO they should blame mainly LP for how the track sounds. I think Tom might just adjusted for what the band wanted. The band always could say "you know Tom we wanted on this track something more dynamic, aggressive" etc.

Well yeah, I have an opinion (or rather assumption) on this as well. But it doesn't matter and I don't want to unnecessarily point fingers. I just hope you didn't misunderstand my point as me taking position on it because this wasn't intended :).

I like unpredictability generally, just think in this case it was kind of shame especially when you take the nature of the album into consideration. It was a perfect fit.

I generally always liked the stuff LP put out, but the whole Drawbar thing always kinda felt strange to me. 

It would have been allright but mentioning Tom and then just having a short instrumental track with barely any guitar is just Dissapointing. 

I wouldn´t even mention him at that point if I was in the band, they would have known that they are setting up for a huge dissapointment.