Grey Daze “Anything Anything” (Dark Nights Death Metal Soundtrack) Out Now

Somebodyangry

As highly anticipated, the DC Dark Nights Death Metal soundtrack is due out today, June 18, in digital form.

As part of the soundtrack, Grey Daze released a new version of their Dramarama cover “Anything Anything” created with Tyler Bates. On Instagram the band called this “Retro Version”. Check it out below.

They are releasing a different version on the next Grey Daze record. 

16 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazeWorshipper said:

Killer JAM 

They nailed it so fucking bad i just wished that LP had this sound in their latest album, Cristin Davis did some fun and punky riffs

congrats Grey Daze!

As a punky fast and fun song it’s a lot better than War 

It's a fun song. Not the biggest fan of the mix and the fact that they changed the guitar melody in the chorus as this is something that appeals to me on the OG version. I probably prefer the OG version because Chester feels more connected and raw on it. Still, a good effort.

23 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

It's a fun song. Not the biggest fan of the mix and the fact that they changed the guitar melody in the chorus as this is something that appeals to me on the OG version. I probably prefer the OG version because Chester feels more connected and raw on it. Still, a good effort.

Fine 😊 I honestly prefer the new guitar melody in the chorus. It’s more “rocky” than their original cover (lol original cover). 

• lpliveusername changed the title to Grey Daze “Anything Anything” (Dark Nights Death Metal Soundtrack) Out Now
28 minutes ago, Subs said:

Where did they say about a different version on next album ? Have been looking through their instagram

They called this song “Anything Anything retro version”, so it’s an assumption, it’s not officially confirmed by the band. 

Edited by GIVEYOUCANDY92

4 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

YouTube comment section.

Sorry, checked again and it's Instagram, not YouTube.

3 minutes ago, GIVEYOUCANDY92 said:

Ok so It’s confirmed? 

Yeah. Tyler Bates handles the Dark Nights Death Metal soundtrack. Virtually every song has input from him. On the announcement they said they worked with him on the song + they called it "Retro Version" like you said. Today Sean replied to someone saying the album version will be different.

The album is being done with Esjay as we all know.

Wow this is great! This is one of the best covers Chester's ever done (already) and this version just sounds awesome. 

Saw a terrible comment on YouTube: "Hope linkin park learns how to honor Chester like you guys"

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Wow this is great! This is one of the best covers Chester's ever done (already) and this version just sounds awesome. 

Saw a terrible comment on YouTube: "Hope linkin park learns how to honor Chester like you guys"

Casual fans love Grey Daze the feedback is like 99% positive except on LPL.

That comment is very interesting I kinda agree/disagree

I don't want LP to become a nostalgia band but if they come back for sure people will always remember LP as Chesters band he was the only rock star in LP.

5 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

The song slaps. 
That comment is terrible, LP honored Chester in awesome ways, it’s pointless to make fights between who honored him better. 

Catchy Riffs, fast beat and Chester's voice doesn't disappoint.

Not my kick tho, id give it a 5/10

19 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

By cashgrabbing everything they can with your image and voice and using the LPA to promote their stuff

Sorry boys, had to

12 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

By cashgrabbing everything they can with your image and voice and using the LPA to promote their stuff

Sorry boys, had to

Godawful comment in  response to another godawful comment. 

I think LP way to honor Chester was awesome, but if cashgrabbing everything they can with your image and voice means creating something like "Anything Anything" fuck yes please, give me more. 

Edited by GIVEYOUCANDY92

4 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

its lowkey true tho, but i understand where you are coming from

As a response to that comment, your response is ok. Throwing shit at LP for the way they honored Chester is really not something to do. 

I mean as much as I think Happy Endings is a straight up bad song, I got upset when I saw a guy on IG saying "Chester is revolving in his grave for this shit" 

Edited by GIVEYOUCANDY92

4 minutes ago, GIVEYOUCANDY92 said:

As a response to that comment, your response is ok. Throwing shit at LP for the way they honored Chester is really not something to do 

I agree, I think LP were stellar honestly. OML clip dedicated to him, the bowl show was honestly incredible, beyond every expectation, and after that, the silence, because honestly if you dont have anything to say, its better to stay quiet.

3 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

I agree, I think LP were stellar honestly. OML clip dedicated to him, the bowl show was honestly incredible, beyond every expectation, and after that, the silence, because honestly if you dont have anything to say, its better to stay quiet.

Yeah definitely