Xero/Linkin Park BMI Entry

NJPLP

Bambitt first mentioned this song in the "Pointillism (Xero/Mike Shinoda Demo)" topic, but I thought I should make this it's own topic.

I also searched it up through BMI and saw it. I wonder what it is. 

"Fuckin Or What" (Legal Title) - Xero/Linkin Park

This song is... interesting. It's credited to Chester Bennington, Rob Bourdon, Brad Delson, Dave "Pheonix" Farrell, Joe Hahn, Mike Shinoda, & Mark Wakefield as songwriters, which is not just the Xero lineup, but also the Linkin Park lineup. It also mentions the performers are Xero & Linkin Park. 

Writers / Composers    Current Affliction    IPI #

BENNINGTON CHESTER C (BMI) 00339235654
BOURDON ROBERT G (BMI) 00355850837
DELSON BRAD (BMI) 00355851442
FARRELL DAVID (BMI) 00425204986
HAHN JOSEPH (BMI) 00355851834
SHINODA MIKE (BMI) 00355854335
WAKEFIELD MARK (ASCAP) 00347045273

Publishers

BIG BAD MR HAHN MUSIC (BMI) 00357210087

CHESTERCHAZ PUBLISHING (BMI) 00357210185
KENJI KOBAYASHI MUSIC (BMI) 00357209554
MOPER MUSIC (ASCAP) 00346951830
NONDISCLOSURE AGREEMENT MUSIC (BMI) 00357145359
PANCAKEY CAKES MUSIC (BMI) 00357209848
ROB BOURDON MUSIC (BMI) 00357209652
UNIVERSAL MUSIC Z SONGS (BMI) 00539732328
UNIVERSAL MUSIC-Z TUNES LLC (ASCAP) 00593458213

Performers

Linkin Park

Xero

Alternate Titles

Fuckin Or What?

Images I Took Of The BMI Entry

F**kin Or What BMI 1

F**kin Or What BMI 2

F**kin Or What BMI 3

F**kin Or What BMI 4

Do we know what this song is?

Edited by NJPLP

• NJPLP changed the title to Xero/Linkin Park BMI Entry
2 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I'm pretty sure this was discussed before and everyone agreed it was a song by a different artist named Xero that was somehow mixed in with Linkin Park on BMI.

So this topic is dead then?

16 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I'm pretty sure this was discussed before and everyone agreed it was a song by a different artist named Xero that was somehow mixed in with Linkin Park on BMI.

Really? I didnt know that

23 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

So this topic is dead then?

I mean, you're free to discuss it. I personally haven't found any song with that name anywhere. Not by Linkin Park and not by another artist named Xero. The title doesn't sound much like Linkin Park though.

13 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I mean, you're free to discuss it. I personally haven't found any song with that name anywhere. Not by Linkin Park and not by another artist named Xero. The title doesn't sound much like Linkin Park though.

Yeah the title confused me tbh

On 5/4/2021 at 2:31 PM, lpliveusername said:

On 5/4/2021 at 2:45 PM, Bambitt said:

Yeah the title confused me tbh

Now that you think about it, the title "Fuckin Or What?" does indeed sound like an unusual title for that of a Linkin Park song. 

Edited by NJPLP

6 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

I think I was the one that brought that up. I remember seeing it pop up on BMI some time ago and it credited all LP members and an unknown person. Mark Wakefield was not on the list of credited people at the time. I copied and pasted this persons name into Google and found them on Soundcloud. They had Xero in their band name but weren't called Xero outright.

Unfortunately, it has changed now so I literally have just my word with no proof, I can't even remember this guys name. I looked him up wondering if he had done a collab with LP but the song I heard 100% had nothing to do with them. So, I don't blame any if they doubt me.

6 hours ago, TheVeryLastDinosaur said:

I think I was the one that brought that up. I remember seeing it pop up on BMI some time ago and it credited all LP members and an unknown person. Mark Wakefield was not on the list of credited people at the time. I copied and pasted this persons name into Google and found them on Soundcloud. They had Xero in their band name but weren't called Xero outright.

Unfortunately, it has changed now so I literally have just my word with no proof, I can't even remember this guys name. I looked him up wondering if he had done a collab with LP but the song I heard 100% had nothing to do with them. So, I don't blame any if they doubt me.

I remember something like that too, I think that was around 2016 iirc, not sure tho.

13 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

The title doesn't sound much like Linkin Park though.

Actually I think it would fit a Linkin Park demo rather than a song originally performed or written by Xero. Chester's ATS demo he thought would end up as a DBS song was called "Fucking Awesome" and we have a demo out called "TooLeGit", which seemed unlikely as a LP title too. but on the other hand, how likely is it that a song from the Xero era is out there, of which the name is unheard of, now that we have the One Step Closer book. Deftest seems to have been a home demo by Mark and Mike, so anything with the other guys involved, we should know already.

Edited by LPsMart