Unknown Linkin Park/Mike Shinoda snippets

EmptyHusk

So, I very recently came across two snippets of Mike rapping over a beat and I have no idea what they are really. I'm hoping you guys can shed light on them for me.
One is titled "Linkin Park demo 2014" but in the properties it is labeled Guilty All the Same (Transformers OST) snippet. It is very short, six seconds long, and the lyrics from what I can hear go as follows:

"Move with night (might?),
the panic attack I like
Go(Don't?) back to the days ... (can't make out the rest)"

The second is simply labeled "Mike Shinoda 2016." It's nineteen seconds long. The quality is lower than the first but I can make the lyrics out much more clearly. It starts off with a low sounding guitar then pauses, almost like a skip. It picks up with the same guitar and Mike rapping. The lyrics go as follow:

"..like the founder of Spotify streaming premium heat
Your wounds need cauterized
Right in front in front of every fickle fan that you're followed by
Like black hat and hackers you'll be looking for compromise..."

So, yeah. That's that. I would love to be enlightened on these if you guys know. If it's not against the rules I'll share the audio or I can give it to the staff.

17 hours ago, martinez said:

First one is probobly GATS live version with Mike rapping the Rakim part, I think

The second is "Hot Karl - Like Riding A Bike (feat. Mike Shinoda, Intuition & Abnormal)"

The first one is not a live version. Also, the music is different.

The second one is 100% it thank you!

I just a compare of the two and it's definitely not Mike rapping Rakim's verses.

Edited by TheVeryLastDinosaur

7 hours ago, Metheory said:

You can give a link to download the first snippet? I think I definitely heard it under the names like "new linkin park 2014 demo"

yeah, sure. I uploaded it to my google drive. I personally don't recognize it but it most likely is just something I'm unaware of that has an official release.
Also, I never uploaded to Drive before so let me know if you can see it or not

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qeJaLb9ybUF2zzQ7iJ-HI0qV9gd0PYAS/view?usp=sharing

In which case if it is official I will delete it with  post haste

The second clip probably cae from Mike's Instagram stories or Snapchat (I don't remember which one). They were very active on social media during the recording of One More Light. Mike posted a teaser of the song right before it came out.

Where did you get the first clip? Sounds like a remix, a bunch of random words thrown together, but I have no idea where the vocals might have come from.

5 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

The second clip probably cae from Mike's Instagram stories or Snapchat (I don't remember which one). They were very active on social media during the recording of One More Light. Mike posted a teaser of the song right before it came out.

Where did you get the first clip? Sounds like a remix, a bunch of random words thrown together, but I have no idea where the vocals might have come from.

Lyrically the second matches what Martinez said.

Ummmmm, I can't remember tbh. I had some free time the other day and was surfing sites seeing what I could find. It was one of them. I know I was searching YouTube and a Russian MP3 site. I got sketched by that and left lol. I found a few things but these were the most notable cause they have lyrics.

8 minutes ago, itworkedforkurt said:

Yep, it works! It's so weird; I can't place where the vocals came from. 

I know, right? It 100% sounds like Mike and the fact that it's labeled 2014 demo but called GATS Transformers OST Snippet in the properties? And the lyrics don't match GATS at all?

I can't make heads or tails on it.

Ok, update:

I did a bit of searching. Was not at all hard to find since I got the info to go on. I searched both "GATS Transformers," "Guilty All The Same Transformers," GATS demo," and "Guilty All The Same demo" in Google with quotations. My results yielded another snippet, the same one, but is thirteen seconds long instead of six and called Guilty All The Same demo 2014. No tags in the properties. The lyrics are the same and the beat carries on longer. It is also lesser quality as if someone recorded it with a phone. A lot quieter. I asked my brother to lend his ears for what Mike is singing. This is the variations we think we hear:

"Move with might of the panic attack I like
Down back to the days..."

"Moon at night/panic attacked/I liked
Gone back to what days...."

"Move with mic/ the panic attacked I like
Gone back to my days ...."

So, I really don't what this is. Despite the name I am hesitant to say it is a GATS demo. I know it is something. An interesting thing my brother brought up is that if this is a demo it could just be Mike spitting out a beat to get a feel for the song or how he wants it sung. I know they have down similar methods before with MTM. So, that's all I got. I'll update with more if I find anything else. I'm gonna reupload for you all to listen to. Also, found a 2016 instrumental that I don't recognize along the way. I think that might be Riverline but y'all can listen to it and help with that too :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16k7nxcwNFaGaAvA1a4RBOUGscag9XOSf?usp=sharing

Edited by TheVeryLastDinosaur

The rap in this "GATS demo" sounds like the bits of "Petrified" rap mixed together. The way Mike pronounces the words in "Petrified" is very characteristic and different than in any other song. It definitely reminds me of "Petrified" - that's why the lyrics doesn't make much sense. The beat is not very LPish too, I think, and it seems to be a fan-made demo in general.

59 minutes ago, blackout said:

The rap in this "GATS demo" sounds like the bits of "Petrified" rap mixed together. The way Mike pronounces the words in "Petrified" is very characteristic and different than in any other song. It definitely reminds me of "Petrified" - that's why the lyrics doesn't make much sense. The beat is not very LPish too, I think, and it seems to be a fan-made demo in general.

I guess that makes sense. You are the third to tell me it could be a remix. Fort Minor isn't something I know too well but I do know Petrified. I don't think it is Petrified but I see how it is similar. But I think I am leaning more to remix with the rest of you all. Thank you so much for the help and input. This one really had me scratching my head.

8 hours ago, blackout said:

The phrase "panic attack" being in there led me to think part of this came from Petrified, as it's the only time Mike's used that phrase in a song. There are two problems with this though:

1. There isn't a Petrified acapella in circulation.

2. The rhythm of the phrase "panic attack" is different than it is on Petrified (the first syllable of "panic" is held longer on Petrified).

This still doesn't sound like anything real to me, but I'm convinced that it's Mike's voice at least, and I'm honestly stumped as to where it would have come from.

7 hours ago, Astat said:

The phrase "panic attack" being in there led me to think part of this came from Petrified, as it's the only time Mike's used that phrase in a song. There are two problems with this though:

1. There isn't a Petrified acapella in circulation.

2. The rhythm of the phrase "panic attack" is different than it is on Petrified (the first syllable of "panic" is held longer on Petrified).

This still doesn't sound like anything real to me, but I'm convinced that it's Mike's voice at least, and I'm honestly stumped as to where it would have come from.

I just found the acapella, 'cause I had the same idea and it would fit but what bothers me the most is, that the vocals on this snippet are treated differently
I found the panic attack pronunciation fitting, even the notes fit but it seems that there is some voice editing like autotune or similar, making him sound older (no pitch correction just voice editing)
I think it is Petrified chopped up, treated, so it sounds more like 2014 Mike and put on an instrumental track - none of these steps are difficult to do, by the way