The Filmore 2001 DVD

ARS

Has anyone else noticed the audio sounds extremely muddy in this show? Oftentimes everything sounds extremely muffled, like you’re listening to a concert through a wall. Is this the fault of the initial recording or the dvd mixing?

Edited by ARS

I don't heard it muffled but the mixing is a bit strange. The drums sound crystal clear with a great punch while the guitars are a bit thin, or Joe samples are really loud.

I think is because it was recorded by MTV (Maybe somebody can clarify that) and probably they later mixed in the best way possible

Edited by Diaux

• 2 weeks later...

it's just the way the sound is and plus got to look at the size of the filmore it's not like a huge auditorium or something they probably had their Equipment sounding nice through out 2001 and we can't really tell it.Plus doesn't matter about the age of the band

• 4 months later...

Whoever picked the live shows for the box set should be fired. The HT era was from 2000-2002 in terms of touring. They should have had a 2000 show, a 2001 show and a 2002 show. Las Vegas from 2002 shouldn’t have been altered with banter cut out or anything. And if they didn’t have a version that wasn’t, they should have released a different 2002 show that wasn’t. 2001’s show should have been something we didn’t have at all. I know we didn’t have The Fillmore in full but Rock am Ring, seriously? A high quality version of Docklands from September would have even been better. And any 2000 show would have worked, would have been sick to have. But none of them should have been edited at all besides cleaning up the intro and outro to the shows to make them start and end properly on time without mins of shit before each.