10.8 All Sample Track

lpliveusername

If you're subscribed to Mike Shinoda on Twitch, check your e-mails for a download of today's track created entirely with random samples.

While making the track, Mike pulled up an old vinyl titled "Sex Explained For Children" to sample. Turns out this disc is the source of the talking in the Hybrid Theory era beat known as 'Goop.' The origin of those samples were one of the great mysteries in the Linkin Park world. Thanks to this track, we were finally able to solve it.

33 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

If you're subscribed to Mike Shinoda on Twitch, check your e-mails for a download of today's track created entirely with random samples.

While making the track, Mike pulled up an old vinyl titled "Sex Explained For Children" to sample. Turns out this disc is the source of the talking in the Hybrid Theory era beat known as 'Goop.' The origin of those samples were one of the great mysteries in the Linkin Park world. Thanks to this track, we were finally able to solve it.

Firstly, I didn't receive this email and I've been subscribed to Mike since the first day. That's strange.

Secondly, didn't someone literally start a thread about the origin of that sample here very recently? Is there a chance that's not a coincidence???

52 minutes ago, Justin said:

Firstly, I didn't receive this email and I've been subscribed to Mike since the first day. That's strange.

It's weird. I've some people saying they received it and others saying they didn't. I know at least two people in our team didn't get it.

53 minutes ago, Justin said:

Secondly, didn't someone literally start a thread about the origin of that sample here very recently? Is there a chance that's not a coincidence???

I think there's a chance Mike saw the question about Goop we sent for tomorrow's Q&A and decided to use the vinyl today.

6 hours ago, Justin said:

After I missed the first subscriber mail (the font) I found out that there is a setting in your twitch account settings that specifies if you want to receive those emails or not. It was turned off for me. 
If you turn it on make sure it to wait a couple of minutes, refresh the page and check if the setting was really applied. It didn‘t work properly for me for days. I tried contacting twitch but their support is complete trash and they never even read my ticket. Eventually the setting was applied and I never touched it again.

Sadly that won‘t make previous emails appear but at least you can make sure you get all future mails. 

I turned all the notifications on after I missed the font, but when I checked now some of them were turned back off again... which specific notification setting is it?

Edit: I found the setting. Apparently not all settings show up in the mobile app.

Edited by tnitram

17 minutes ago, Coizu said:

After I missed the first subscriber mail (the font) I found out that there is a setting in your twitch account settings that specifies if you want to receive those emails or not. It was turned off for me. 
If you turn it on make sure it to wait a couple of minutes, refresh the page and check if the setting was really applied. It didn‘t work properly for me for days. I tried contacting twitch but their support is complete trash and they never even read my ticket. Eventually the setting was applied and I never touched it again.

Sadly that won‘t make previous emails appear but at least you can make sure you get all future mails. 

Thanks, I’ll make sure to check that now! 

I think the "send e-mail to all subscribers" feature on twitch is just super broken. I don't know a single streamer who uses it.

Most streamers use other platforms like Discord where people can connect their twitch account and they distribute subscriber exclusive content over these other services.

I assume that twitch is not maintaining the e-mail feature well because of the low usage.