The origin of 'Goop' samples

hahninator

The really bland instrumental of Mike's from the MPC... there are kids talking. Still can't figure out who they are or what it samples.

"Anyone who can play music on a piano like he does must know vast amounts of interesting things
No one plays music on the piano the way Roger does

That's true"

"His what?
His penis
What's a penis?"

Any guesses? Thought it was 101 Dalmations at first since Roger plays piano but couldn't find anything to match it up to.

I think that's from an sexual education video for young people and what happens when like a girl is attracted to a boy because of his piano skills and then what happens when they go further for the first time. Explaing every term and stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Ever since I first heard 'Goop', I've been wondering where the voice samples of children talking originate from.

For those who don't know this song, it's an old demo leaked last summer as a part of the 'Hybrid Party of a Thousand Things'. It features samples of a boy and a girl talking at the beginning and at the very end of the track.

I'm guessing that they were taken from some movie...  I've tried putting the lines into various 'search movies by quote' sites, but to no avail.

Any ideas? This mystery has really been bothering me for quite a while.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 12:56 AM, JediAHoles said:

Hello,

Ever since I first heard 'Goop', I've been wondering where the voice samples of children talking originate from.

For those who don't know this song, it's an old demo leaked last summer as a part of the 'Hybrid Party of a Thousand Things'. It features samples of a boy and a girl talking at the beginning and at the very end of the track.

I'm guessing that they were taken from some movie...  I've tried putting the lines into various 'search movies by quote' sites, but to no avail.

Any ideas? This mystery has really been bothering me for quite a while.

cleansing and the opportunity to sample the latest health food trends.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Diaux said:

Mike knows about HPOATT lol

I mean, probably, but the more likely explanation is that a question about the Goop sample was one of several that LPLive submitted for the Q&A that's airing tomorrow, and Mike didn't answer it then but it was fresh in his mind.