Mike hoping to throw a "big party" for 'Hybrid Theory' 20th anniversary

LPLStaff

From ABC News:

Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda is pumped for the upcoming 20th anniversary of Hybrid Theory.

"With the 20th anniversary celebration, I expect it to be pretty big."

"Not big in terms of numbers or sales or whatever. I just expect it...to feel good and be important to those of us who care about the record."

Hybrid Theory, of course, isn't just a record. Released on October 24, 2000, Linkin Park's massive debut effort has been certified Diamond by the RIAA for over 10 million copies sold. It spawned the hit singles "In the End," "Crawling," "One Step Closer" and "Papercut," and proved to be hugely influential on the albums that came after it.

"It is the equivalent of having a big birthday," Shinoda says of the 20-year milestone. "I wanna have a big party for it."  As for what exactly that party will entail, you'll have to wait until October.

Well, that's the first official confirmation that we will have something on october.

When they did that first stream commenting the '00 concert, i thought they would do something every month. 

I guess they will release some webpage with all the photos and files we sent, or will make videos to the remastered songs with them. 

3 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

When they did that first stream commenting the '00 concert, i thought they would do something every month.

I hoped for that too, although I view it as simple testing now in both reception among the community and the technical execution aspect of it.

3 hours ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Hopefully it's something with more substance than "Here's a ton of merch! Go buy a bunch of expensive stuff!".

That being said, I will buy an album with demos, etc.

Watch it be a t-shirt with the HT cover on the front, and "20" on the back lol

1 hour ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

Very excited for it, ATS too. 

ATS 10 is in less than 2 months and I've heard nothing about it. I really would love them to do something for that, but I don't think they will since it would distract from HT20 hype.

It's a shame, because a decade from now ATS20 will be overshadowed by HT30 and so on lol.

For ATS, LP will probably just tweet a "Happy Birthday, A Thousand Suns!" message and maybe put a shirt in the store.

3 minutes ago, Justin said:

It's a shame, because a decade from now ATS20 will be overshadowed by HT30 and so on lol.

No I don’t think that will be the case. They’ve never done any sort of release for any anniversary. If HT has a release for HT20, then that sets the standards for all of the 20 year celebrations. Meteora 20 will be next, then MTM 20, then ATS 20, etc. 

Whatever LP does for HT20 is going to be the move going forward. They’ve never had a blow out celebration for something for 10 years. ATS won’t get much of anything this year, maybe just a shirt and a tweet. It’s the Hybrid Theory year. ATS will get its turn and it’ll be epic. Every album will have their own big bash whenever they get to 20, is my guess. HT 30, for example, won’t be anything but a tweet and shirt lol. 20 is where it’s at.

3 hours ago, Justin said:

That's a good point!

I'm already hype for OML 20. Only 17 more years until we get to hear Friendly Fire!!! 

Lol yeah, I’ll be pushing 45 and be like OMG TOMORROW WE’RE GONNA HEAR FRIENDLY FIRE, and my wife and kids will be “yeah dad is in one of his 15 again period” 

I'm expecting a remastered version of the original album, and a second disc of "Hybrid Theory" demos that have previously been released through LPU. I think a big part of the fan base has not heard the demos, and even if we have, it's not the easiest to get physical copies nowadays, much less have them all remastered on one compilation. I'd be shocked if anything "new" is released, based on the most likely "curator" (Mike) still having a hard time listening to LP music. My perfect release would have the 14th Anniversary set from "Download Festival", but that may be a longshot.

I think the tracklist will look like this:

Disc 1: Original Album Remastered

1) Papercut

2) One Step Closer

3) With You

4) Points of Authority

5) Crawling

6) Runaway

7) By Myself

8 ) In the End

9 ) A Place For My Head

10) Forgotten

11 ) Cure For the Itch

12) Pushing Me Away

Disc 2: B-Sides, Remixes & Demos

1) My December

2) High Voltage (remix)

3) Sad (By Myself Demo)

4) Stick & Move (Runaway Demo)

5) In The End (demo)

6) Esaul (A Place For My Head Demo)

7) Points of Authority (demo from LPU 12)

8 ) Forgotten (demo)

9 ) Crawling (demo)

10) And One*

11) Step Up*

*not demos, but played often during "Hybrid Theory" era

On 7/28/2020 at 8:11 AM, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Lol yeah, I’ll be pushing 45 and be like OMG TOMORROW WE’RE GONNA HEAR FRIENDLY FIRE, and my wife and kids will be “yeah dad is in one of his 15 again period” 

Lol we will literally be so old when we finally hear these unreleased songs with Chester’s vocals lmfao. Lets pray they will celebrate OML10