Mark Morton Compliments Chester, & Linkin Park Fans

LPLStaff

Mark Morton recently spoke to Midwest Breakdown about the reception from Linkin Park fans to "Cross Off" with Chester:

"I was really apprehensive and anxious about — not the creative side, because I really believed in the music that we had put together, but just how it would be perceived and how people would be willing to accept a release from me under my name," Mark admitted. "So we put out [the first single] 'The Truth Is Dead', and it really got received very well, and then knowing that we had this monster song with Chester that we were waiting to reveal. When 'Cross Off' came out, the response was absolutely mind-blowing, man. I mean, I knew it was a special song in and of itself, compounded with the fact, too, that Chester was no longer with us, and it had been a while since people had heard his voice that way. And the impact it had in that moment, it was so heavy to hear from all the LINKIN PARK world… I got so many messages and so much feedback from LINKIN PARK fans, thanking me for doing the song and telling me how much it meant to them and what a gift it was to hear his voice again."

He continued: "[Chester had] such an iconic voice — really, a voice of a generation in a lot of ways, 'cause he was so unique and so prolific and just such an amazing talent. I could go on and on. Chester was just a really genuine, loving, compassionate, creative, brilliant dude, and I'm just really fortunate to have had the opportunity to write and record a song with him. So when it came out, it was just mind-blowing, man. It was a hit at radio stations, and more important than that, it impacted a lot of people and they let me know it. So I was super proud of it and super grateful to have had that chance."

Listen to the interview here.

Words can’t describe how grateful I am that this song was made and eventually released. Such a beastly song that really brings Chester back to his hard hitting roots. If this was to be the last new material we hear from him, I wouldn’t be upset. 

I sometimes wonder what could have been if he was still around. Maybe a full on project with Mark or other metal/Hard rock musicians? I weep that this can never be a reality. 

Mark is a legend he and LOG have been working hard and putting excelent albums one after another.

I was listening to Cross Off like a week ago and is such a crushing song, Mark, Paolo and Alex did an amazing job on the song and of course Chester's vocals are incredible. It was really refreshing to hear Chester on a song like this (Not disrespect to any of the LP albums)

7 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Thanks god OML wasnt his last work, would be disrespectul for my idol, this songs shows that he wasted his talent w LP in so many ways.

Whether you like OML or not, that's just an insane comment. How would it be disrespectful to Chester when he was the one defending the genre in the press to everyone?

1 hour ago, vinifeijo said:

The song instrumentals are a little bit generic... but it was awesome to hear Chaz on a very metal tune.

Yeah the thing is that Chester shines on the song, instrumentally it’s pretty generic, not bad but yeah, generic is the right word 

12 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Thanks god OML wasnt his last work, would be disrespectul for my idol, this songs shows that he wasted his talent w LP in so many ways.

INSANE SONG!

TOP 10 Chester related songs for sure.

Genuine question for you. Is it actually possible for you to show you like something without trashing something else? 

19 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

The song instrumentals are a little bit generic... but it was awesome to hear Chaz on a very metal tune.

OML fans talking about generic music 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😸 DAMNNNN 

19 hours ago, hahninator said:

Whether you like OML or not, that's just an insane comment. How would it be disrespectful to Chester when he was the one defending the genre in the press to everyone?

That was a sign that he was not alright man, Chester from any other era wouldn't give a fuck about negative comments. 

14 hours ago, SasstielExperience said:

Genuine question for you. Is it actually possible for you to show you like something without trashing something else? 

My problem is with OML i can't stand it. 

1 hour ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

That was a sign that he was not alright man, Chester from any other era wouldn't give a fuck about negative comments. 

My problem is with OML i can't stand it. 

Oh please, Chester was saying the same kind of stuff when everyone was shitting on A Thousand Suns too. It's almost like artists are quick to defend their work when they know they had a good reason to make it the way they did.

Yeah, considering you bring up OML every time you talk about anything, we know you can't stand it. You've got as much of an unhealthy obsession with OML as Geki does with me.