LP Live Store Suggestions

Hello everyone,

I have had the honor to have been working with Hahninator over the past couple of weeks designing a line of merchandise for our store. This merch has been inspired by all albums, along with some side projects. We have multiple designs, however I wanted to open the floor up to hear from the community as to what you all would like to see.

These designs can be anything from lyrics to album-inspired art. However due to copyright, we won't be able to use the LP name/logo, as well as the album titles. 

I look forward to hearing your suggestions for designs as we build the store in the coming weeks. 

Thanks!

4 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

Maybe it's just me but I think that selling merch inspired by Linkin Park's albums and whatnot - even if it doesn't explicitly say Linkin Park - is kind of scummy.

Understandable. It’s alright to feel that, we are just trying to make some stuff for fellow fans. No worries. 

I think if you're doing LPLive merch, it needs to reference the band without being band merch. Maybe some kind of symbolism for the five living members and one past. Maybe some really niche references to inside jokes like Petrucio the Piñata or "hotdogs and ketchup" or something to do with Mike not being able to touch his shoulders. I'm not too helpful with specifics sorry but these are definitely the broader ideas I think would actually inspire me to spend money on merch.

2 hours ago, ToddWilliamson said:

I think if you're doing LPLive merch, it needs to reference the band without being band merch. Maybe some kind of symbolism for the five living members and one past. Maybe some really niche references to inside jokes like Petrucio the Piñata or "hotdogs and ketchup" or something to do with Mike not being able to touch his shoulders. I'm not too helpful with specifics sorry but these are definitely the broader ideas I think would actually inspire me to spend money on merch.

Anything involving the actual band members should always list Chester, IMO, especially on a fansite. The try the ketchup stuff was already created for merch by LPA years back. I think album art for each album (there is tons that even the band never used for each album) and maybe song titles, idk. It's tricky. I've bought merch in the past that wasn't official and it was some of my favorite merch that I ever owned. I bought a black zip up hoodie with the MTM LP logo in yellow on the lower back and wore that for years. I hate buying from the official site because I am a big guy and they only go up to 2XL, and they are tiny 2XL's. So I like to buy other merch sometimes because it's bigger and also because it looks cooler sometimes honestly.

9 minutes ago, Garret said:

I am a big guy and they only go up to 2XL, and they are tiny 2XL's.

THIS. I feel your pain on that one lol. I hate seeing an awesome design and then realizing the largest size is either XL or 2XL. Then as you said, they almost always run small. It happens every time.

• 2 months later...
Just now, JZLP said:

T shirts inspired by demo names would be cool, only real hardcore fans would get it 

I’ve been going back and forth on including those, I think I may do it. If I were to, what are some good ones to include? I’m thinking Primo, QWERTY, and something like #ReleasePictureboard, what else do you think would work?

4 hours ago, DCrecelius said:

Hey all! 

Me again, I wanted to give you all a special look at 3 of the shirts I've been working on to hear feedback....

I am almost done with a first collection, and would love to add more if there are any more ideas.

special look can be found here...

I remember Linkin Park's management telling fan sites they were not allowed to sell merch with the band's image. I think those designs are a bit too obvious and that could be a problem, especially the Heavy one which is the exact sign they used to promote the single.

3 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

I remember Linkin Park's management telling fan sites they were not allowed to sell merch with the band's image. I think those designs are a bit too obvious and that could be a problem, especially the Heavy one which is the exact sign they used to promote the single.

This very well could be the case,  however the guidelines I got were not to use the bands name, logo, or album names/covers, so I've stuck with some safer designs. The Heavy one could end up being an issue, so I'll ask around and if there ends up being a problem with it, I can pull it before we launch the others.