What would be the "Single" from Live in Texas?

OKCrew

The Live in Texas Single  

23 members have voted

1. 1. The Live in Texas Single

• One Step Closer
    • Numb
    • Faint
    • From The Inside
    • Lying From You
    • Points of Authority
    • Other

If there was an "official single" from Live in Texas (LIT), what would it be? Here are the choices listed with their rationale:

One Step Closer

• Included on the LIT 2-Track Sampler/Street Team Promo CD along with "Faint"

Numb

• Included on two different LIT CD Singles, one on it's own, one 2-track one with "Faint." 
  • A 2nd music video for Numb was created to promote LIT ( Here's the only version of it I could find online if you haven't seen it; a fan added an endearing clip of Phoenix & Mike messing around with a trance/house remix in the beginning)
  • Most popular individual LIT purchase on iTunes

Faint

• Included on LIT 2-Track Sampler/Street Team Promo CD with "One Step Closer"
  • Included on LIT Australian CD single with "Numb"

From The Inside

• LIT performance is included on all "From The Inside" CD Singles.
  • Its official Music Video was considered to be included as bonus content on Live Texas DVD.

Lying From You

• Its music video was created out of its Live In Texas performance due to the song's popularity.
  • It's the only LIT performance to be uploaded to Linkin Park's YouTube channel besides the full show
  • Included as part of official release Meteroa Digital Video Collection

Points of Authority

• The only LIT performance to be uploaded to Warner Music Germany's YouTube channel.
  • The only LIT video available separately from the whole performance on both iTunes AND Tidal
  • Included as part of official release HT Digital Video Collection

Other

• If there's anything I'm not considering that I should be vote Other but explain why!

Edited by OKCrew
New info added

IMO, LFY. People like Numb from LIT because you can actually hear the guitar in it unlike every other performance of Numb, ever. Numb sounds like a hard rock song on Meteora and LIT but not at any other live show it has ever been played at.

Edited by GarretLP

8 minutes ago, GarretLP said:

IMO, LFY. People like Numb from LIT because you can actually hear the guitar in it unlike every other performance of Numb, ever. Numb sounds like a hard rock song on Meteora and LIT but not at any other live show it has ever been played at.

Great choice! I def agree in a lot of ways. You were so fast I didn't even have the poll up yet, so if you haven't already, please vote for your choice! Very much appreciated :-)

EDIT: I 100% agree w what your edit as well. It's actually my favorite "live" non-Mash-Up version of Numb for that very reason. (I put "live" in quotes because, well you know... LIT... the perfect marriage of live and studio lol)

Edited by OKCrew

7 hours ago, martinez said:

Points Of Authority and Lying From You, both were included in the HT and Meteora music video collection albums.

https://i.ibb.co/HFR393R/03820.png

Very good find on this! I never even saw this. Going to add this to OP. Do you have a personal opinion as to which stands out more based on how the band/lable have treated each vid?

I think that the Numb was supposed to be the single from LIT, but there was no any release because it was in the time were the Numb from Meteora was already the single, so it was easier to hook it with the Meteora single. The rest live videos from LIT was released, because the they wanted to more promote the live album, then just leave it with just only one live video.

The similar thing was with RTR 4 videos was released separately (3 of them were available for purchase, 1 was available only for streaming on YT and other platforms).

I just want to say how much I appreciate this forum for multiple reasons. Not just cuz of how cathartic talking about my favorite band is when none of my loved ones "get it," but in my limited experience, this forum in particular knows exactly what I mean when I pose a question like this. I made the same post in the LinkinPark.com forums and all they could talk about was how much they loved APFMH. Yeah it was great, but I wasn't asking what the "best" or "your favorite"  was, which is also a fine, just way less interesting a question to me lol. Anyway. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 2:10 PM, karla said:

How about P5HNG ME A*WY?

On 8/21/2019 at 5:37 AM, Robrobbsen said:

I second this, this is the best live version of that song.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:38 PM, Alex said:

YES! Epic, always been the best live version of that song in any form imo.

When LIT came out, I was definitely most excited for this performance out of the whole DVD. Reanimation was and still is my favorite album, and having Mike sing the bridge was extra exciting at the time. It's probably my personal favorite on the CD as well, but again, my question isn't "What's the best?" or "Your favorite." Those are great topics too. My question is, what would be considered the Official Single of the album. It's still a matter of opinion, but there are more factors at play than "how good" the performance was.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:52 AM, Hahninator said:

I voted Lying From You.

I'm definitely leaning towards this.

On 9/11/2019 at 12:18 PM, Garret said:

The single should be Crawling.

Crawling is the official single of life in general. Always. 

• 1 year later...

APFMH is def another contender for “best performance” for sure. It’s a song that allows all 6 of them to shine in their roles and yeah that bridge give you freakin chills. For some reason it was never identified by the band or label to be used in any capacity other than the CD/DVD/standard releases themselves so that’s why I didn’t make it a contender for “official single”