Mike Playing In Thailand On August 9

RogueSoul

Round 2! Mike's run of Asian shows this summer for the Post Traumatic Tour is expanding, his second announced headlining show being in Thailand.

DckP31JV4AAKjop.jpg

Mike will be playing at the GMM Live House @ Central World in Bangkok, Thailand on August 9, with a capacity of up to 3,000, two days after the show he announced a few hours earlier in Hong Kong on August 7.

This will be the first time in almost 7 years that Mike has been in Bangkok. The last time was at the very end of the A Thousand Suns World Tour, where the penultimate show of the tour was performed at Aktiv Square. This was a pretty tough show for the band - lots of technical difficulties which ended up resulting in a shortened version of 'Fallout,' and Phoenix had come down with food poisoning and could not perform. The fans were awesome and helped them power through, though, and it's no mystery why Mike will be returning this summer!

While riddled with technical difficulties, Linkin Park's set from Bangkok 2011 was still an epic show, featuring classics like 'When They Come For Me' and opening with 'Papercut.'

There will be an LPU Presale for the show, which will go live on May 10 at 10am local time and end at May 11 at midnight. Regular pre-sale details will be available on May 9, and the general sale will start on May 14 at 10am local time.

This is the second of four shows that Mike has currently announced for his Asia trip. He'll be starting the month off with Hong Kong and Thailand (August 7 and 9, respectively) and will end the leg of the tour in Japan with two shows at the Summer Sonic festival in Osaka and Tokyo (on August 18 and 19, respectively). There's about a week and a half of space in between then, which is enough for another couple of shows. Where else do you think he'll play? China is a big contender. Other possibilities include South Korea, Singapore, India, and perhaps a solo headlining show in Japan. Where do you think he'll go in that span of time?

It's a long wait until August, but don't worry: Mike's first performances are coming very soon! He'll be playing two shows in Los Angeles next Saturday, where he'll be doing double duty and playing the KROQ Weenie Roast in the afternoon (which will be webcasted) and Identity LA at night, which will feature a longer set. For those curious about what he'll be playing, it's possible that his new Apple Music playlist is teasing some of the songs he'll be playing.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more tour updates and his live shows, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion on the band and more!

Check out the rest of Mike's touring schedule here.

Goddamn, the ATS Era was fucking amazing, I don't know why but as time passes by, I appreciate that album and the 2010-11 cycle as a whole even more.

Same. I've actually been listening to a lot of 2010 shows lately. I never listened to a lot of the 2010 shows and they are pretty damn good. I think I like them more than the 2011 shows!