Mike Announces Show In Hong Kong

RogueSoul

Asia, it's your time to shine. Mike Shinoda's first official solo headlining show has been announced, and it's in Hong Kong!

After teasing two announcements last week, Mike has announced that the first real leg of the Post Traumatic Tour will take place in Asia. The first date is in Hong Kong, on August 7, at the Star Hall - KITEC, a venue with a 3,600 capacity - Hong Kong must have really wanted Mike! This will be a few days after Mike performs at Imagine Dragons lead singer Dan Reynolds' festival LoveLoud in Salt Lake City, Utah at the end of July.

Dcj1jPgWAAAPuC_.jpg

This will be Mike's first time in Hong Kong since 2013, when Linkin Park performed there at the end of the Living Things World Tour. This included the 9th LPU Summit, where the band performed a soundcheck for fans.

Watch Linkin Park soundcheck 'Victimized (w/ QWERTY),' 'The Catalyst,' and 'In The End' at the 9th LPU Summit in Hong Kong 2013.

Mike has also announced a show for August 9 in Bangkok, Thailand. We can expect a couple more shows added in between this one and Mike's appearances in Japan at the Summer Sonic festivals at the end of August.

Tickets go onsale at 10am local time on May 17. There will be an LPU Presale from May 10 at 10am local time to May 11 at midnight. Information about the general pre-sale will be available on May 9.

Mike's first performances are coming very soon - he'll be playing two shows in Los Angeles next Saturday, where he'll be doing double duty and playing the KROQ Weenie Roast in the afternoon (which will be webcasted) and Identity LA at night, which will feature a longer set. For those curious about what he'll be playing, it's possible that his new Apple Music playlist is teasing some of the songs he'll be playing.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates about the announcement and his live shows, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion on the band and more!

Check out Mike's touring schedule here.

I'm glad Mike is starting in Asia. Asia and Australia have been the two areas most neglected by LP since The Hunting Party (besides China). They didn't hit the area for THP, even though they planned to do Japan (Nov 2017) and Australia (March 2018) for OML.

I think it's great he's going over there to get things going, it sends a good message that he isn't focused mainly just on Europe (as usual lol). That's not a diss on Europe in any way, the crowds, promoters, etc are all great.

I would like to see a USA tour in the fall. Nine Inch Nails is doing a tour in the States this fall... it'd be wild if Mike opened.

Since I live in the U.S., Im expecting to get skipped over again, since the last two album cycles for Linkin Park largely neglected the U.S.

But I hope Mike plays a show in like NYC or something. Id go.

To further elaborate on the song OML, I think its just a great song. Its one of those songs that any human can relate to. All humans pass on at some point and every human experiences loss in some way. Its a sad song but like I said its one of those universal songs that we can can relate to. And Chester sings it well. Thats why its a good song, at least to me.

Edited by Geki

Since I live in the U.S., Im expecting to get skipped over again, since the last two album cycles for Linkin Park largely neglected the U.S.

How is two massive tours (that unfortunately ended up being cancelled) neglecting the US? They clearly had the intentions to tour around, sucks neither of them ended up happening but I'd hardly call that neglecting us.

How is two massive tours (that unfortunately ended up being cancelled) neglecting the US? They clearly had the intentions to tour around, sucks neither of them ended up happening but I'd hardly call that neglecting us.

Idk, I just look at stuff like the MTM cycle where they had 3 major U.S. tours and played many other shows in the U.S. during that era that werent even a part of a tour. Meteora had 5 U.S. tours. So on and so forth. They just played A LOOOOOTTTTTTTT in Europe for THP. And that cancelled 2015 US tour was never made up. I mean I cant really fault OML for not having a U.S. tour cuz of what happened but I dont get why Europe gets the huge tour first and the live album, etc. I mean they even played South America before it and not one track was from one of those shows on the CD. I get that Europe has a lot of fans and LP likes it but Europe isnt the only place in the world and every single member of the band lives in the U.S. the last that I knew. The U.S. is their home country. We should have got some more shows with the last few cycles. OML should have definitely had a couple shows during that promo tour here, NYC and LA for sure, not only Vegas. But it doesnt matter now. I just hope Mike plays a few shows here that arent just L.A. or Vegas. NYC has always shown LP love from the beginning of their career and yet NYC is skipped over and neglected a lot by the band.

Edited by Geki