Mike Shinoda at Summer Sonic Japan

RogueSoul

As far as LP material there was also the Castle of Glass/Kenji mashup.

Edit:

Until It Breaks, Waiting For The End/Hands Held High, High Voltage, and A Place For My Head were all incorporated in setlists as well.

Edited by leftshoe18

When They Come For Me was incorporated, too

And Fort Minor has always been basically Mike Shinoda under a stage name. SOB were guests

This.

Every song they're featured on on TRT says "featuring SOB", which is why I never understood the whole misunderstanding and attitude of "Fort Minor shows without SOB? I guess Fort Minor is a solo project now." It always was.

This.

Every song they're featured on on TRT says "featuring SOB", which is why I never understood the whole misunderstanding and attitude of "Fort Minor shows without SOB? I guess Fort Minor is a solo project now." It always was.

Nah. Fort Minor is Mike, Ryu and Tak. There's no debating it.

Nah. Fort Minor is Mike, Ryu and Tak. There's no debating it.

You are objectively incorrect. SOB is credited as a guest on every song off Rising Tied theyre featured on. Unless Ive missed something where its common to list members of the band/group as featured guests, Mike is Fort Minor.

Should Petrified, Kenji, Cigarettes etc. have been called Mike Shinoda songs, too? None of them have SOB.

You are objectively incorrect. SOB is credited as a guest on every song off Rising Tied theyre featured on. Unless Ive missed something where its common to list members of the band/group as featured guests, Mike is Fort Minor.

Should Petrified, Kenji, Cigarettes etc. have been called Mike Shinoda songs, too? None of them have SOB.

Dude, if you were a fan back in 2005/2006, that's what Fort Minor was. I've been around since 2003 and I remember that time very well. I saw Fort Minor in 2006 in Boston. Pretty much every photoshoot was them together. They were always on tour for all the shows back then, and were on stage even for songs they didn't rap in. Remember back in 2015 when Ryu was surprised that Mike was going on Conan as Fort Minor and he didn't even know about it? That's how a lot of fans reacted. I know that S.O.B. wasn't featured on every track that Fort Minor put out, but Fort Minor was always a group of the three to me, and you can even include Cheapshot and Vin Skully in that too in some regards, as well as Beatdown. I know that the new school fans think Fort Minor is straight up just Mike Shinoda, but the old school fans who were around back then will remember it the way that I do. Even if it's wrong, my memory just won't allow that bullshit. It's just like how Snow White Tan/Dead By Sunrise will always be Chester, Ryan and Amir to me. And you can add in the other members, too, such as Brandon Belsky, Fu and Elias Andra. I don't consider Frank Zummo and shit a part of Dead By Sunrise at all and I never will. Just like how I won't consider Linkin Park with a new singer. Linkin Park is Chester Bennington, Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson, Rob Bourdon, Joe Hahn and Dave Farrell to me. If they continue without Chester as the remaining 5 members, that's still Linkin Park to me in a way. But not replacing any of the members or any of that, nah.

Edited by Geki

I was around back then as well, and although it may have FELT that it was not a solo project just based on how FM was presented at times, it was indeed still a solo project.

Mike featured SOB heavily, and played shows with them and everything, but at the end of the day it was Fort Minor featuring Styles of Beyond. If Mike had considered Fort Minor a group, then it wouldn't have made sense to list them as features.

I was around in 2005 where Mike was saying Fort Minor is Mike, and The Rising Tied is an album with friends (hence why it was Tied, not Tide) together.

If there are song titles that mention SOB or any members as featuring, then theyre not Fort Minor. You dont see LP songs featuring Brad Delson

100%

• 4 weeks later...