WHY is there a live show event page for Chester's funeral?

thesungoesdown

It wasn't a concert, but it is an important event and a song was played. There's a show page for Chris Cornell's funeral too, and even though Chester sang it wasn't a Linkin Park performance. That funeral is appropriate to list though, and not Chester's? If one of LP's members had taken part in the song would it have then been appropriate in your eyes to list it?

It's a documentation of the event, which includes the song performed, who performed it, and who eulogized Chester.

Of course it wasn't a "gig".... The only offensive thing I see here is you implying that LPL are making light of Chester's funeral. Also why did you put "gig" in quotes? The funeral isn't referred to as a "gig" anywhere on the page.

It wasn't a concert, but it is an important event and a song was played. There's a show page for Chris Cornell's funeral too, and even though Chester sang it wasn't a Linkin Park performance. That funeral is appropriate to list though, and not Chester's? If one of LP's members had taken part in the song would it have then been appropriate in your eyes to list it?

It's a documentation of the event, which includes the song performed, who performed it, and who eulogized Chester.

Of course it wasn't a "gig".... The only offensive thing I see here is you implying that LPL are making light of Chester's funeral. Also why did you put "gig" in quotes? The funeral isn't referred to as a "gig" anywhere on the page.

Now a poster here is comparing a performance where Chester (and Brad), LInkin Park band members who performed, to a performance by NON-LINKIN PARK members at Chester's funeral.

The logic here is so dodgy. I don't assume to reason with you guys. Do as you may. It's your site.

Edited by thesungoesdown

That page is one place where all of the info about Chester's funeral is located. When it was, where it was, who spoke, and who performed.

MOST of the pages in the guide are obviously to document what songs were played, special notes, photos, etc. Chester's funeral is an exception to that format. It's not there as a traditional "show page", it's there simply to document the event. That's how I took it when I saw the page.

I'm not dismissing your logic. I see what you're saying. You're saying if no LP members performed then it shouldn't be listed. Chris Cornell's funeral meets that requirement and Chester's funeral does not. I understand your point, I'm just saying how I rationalized that page existing outside of the traditional format.

Calling us morons for finding a place to put information of Chester's funeral doesn't really look good on your part either. Just because it's listed amongst the show pages doesn't mean it has to classify as a gig. It's the most reasonable place to put the information that we have from it and what songs WERE performed in honor of him.

This is terrible logic. No band members actually performed. It's a bad touch. I would remove it. It's borderline offensive to have it as a "gig"

No band member for Linkin Park, yeah. For Chester's real actual bands, there was a performance. Not a bad touch at all, IMO. I'm shocked someone would even complain about it. Hahninator is one of the biggest fans of the band, if not the biggest fan of the band, and has been since like the beginning. Not offensive at all.

I understand the points that it isn't an LP performance, for sure. I don't know, it's a sensitive subject to many people, so I'm not angry or upset at anyone at all in this thread about any comments. I understand what you are saying 100%.

If people truly think it doesn't belong on the 2017 page, we can put it on like, its own page on the site outside of the live guide and then link to it from the 2017 page, or link to it from somewhere else.

I honestly don't know what the 2017 page will do. I put a big page break in the middle because it's such a big deal. But what if Linkin Park hypothetically plays Japan and then more shows in November/December? I guess remove the page break or something? Not sure what the rest of the year will entail at this point...we're looking at things as the news comes.

I understand the points that it isn't an LP performance, for sure. I don't know, it's a sensitive subject to many people, so I'm not angry or upset at anyone at all in this thread about any comments. I understand what you are saying 100%.

BTW It would be cool to have a separate page/list with all the music tributes that Chester got.. it's kinda hard to look for them in 1000000000 of celebrities posts.

You must apologize dude, I understand your point I don't agree but you could share your opinion without insulting anyone.

Right Geki?

Huh? I don't think I insulted anyone. I was saying that there was actually a performance, Chester's friends in his bands Stone Temple Pilots and Kings Of Chaos performed a song for him, and there possibly could have been another performance on that stage that we don't know about. But I also was just saying that I don't think it's offensive, it's just what I thought. If anyone felt insulted, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult anybody.

Also, don't be a pussy.

I realize staff may not like this language, but that sentence combined with your avatar definitely made me laugh.

I honestly don't know what the 2017 page will do. I put a big page break in the middle because it's such a big deal. But what if Linkin Park hypothetically plays Japan and then more shows in November/December? I guess remove the page break or something? Not sure what the rest of the year will entail at this point...we're looking at things as the news comes.

I would suggest leaving the page break no matter what happens. In the live guide of LP, there has never been a bigger and more significant event than the loss of Chester. The page break should stay. Even years from now, no matter what happens in the future, when people look back, that page break should stand out in my opinion just to highlight the end of an era. Even if the band starts performing again full time.