2017.06.12 - Berlin, Germany

Linkin Park are back where they love to be the most (if the 2014 European Tour didn't prove that, nothing will): Germany! The band are performing their first headlining show of the One More Light European Tour today, June 12, at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin, Germany.

Linkin Park has performed in Berlin a whopping 11 times, one of which have been this year already, when the band performed 'Heavy' with Kiiara at the ECHO Awards back in April. The last time they played a full show in Berlin was back in 2015, near the end of the final leg of The Hunting Party World Tour. Lots of good stuff in the set in 2015: 'A Line In The Sand' and 'Rebellion' sounding loud and proud off the new record, 'From The Inside' made a return, and Mike was still on the heels of 'Welcome.' Mike even played a Fort Minor show there the day before Linkin Park played, adding a new version of 'High Voltage' into the setlist. The band performed there on the 2014 European Tour as well, filming the show for a release that never ended up happening (likely in part thanks to the audio problems that occurred during the first few songs). Bounce back to 2012, to the band's Telekom Street Gigs show in Berlin (that was released!) and find performances of 'With You' and 'Runaway' that were brought back after years as well as Living Things songs like 'Lies Greed Misery' and 'Burn It Down.'

A show in Berlin kicked off the second leg of the A Thousand Suns World Tour in 2010, tracks like 'When They Come For Me' and 'Waiting For The End' still fresh off the burner. The band brought Projekt Revolution to Berlin in 2008, and opened up their second encore with the massive 'A Place For My Head.' 2007 was a legendary show, as it was the first show of the Minutes To Midnight cycle, and so it featured the live debuts of 'No More Sorrow,' 'Given Up,' and 'What I've Done,' giving fans the first taste of the heavier side of the record. A mashup of Fort Minor's 'There They Go' and 'Faint' was played so that a fan could play guitar on 'Faint,' as he wouldn't know the extended outro the band added to the song (that is now a staple part of every show). The band had to make up a show in Berlin in September 2003, as the original show scheduled for that June was cancelled after Chester was hospitalized due to severe back pain. The band's first show ever in Berlin was played when they were opening for the Deftones on their 'Back To School' Tour in March 2001, playing songs like 'By Myself' and 'Forgotten' as Hybrid Theory was taking the world by storm. The band came back again later that year for their own headlining show, starting the tour there after the previous show in Hamburg was cancelled out of respect for the September 11 attacks that occurred in America. 'Step Up' saw its live debut at this show, and Chester sang part of the 'A Place For My Head' demo 'Esaul' during the song.

Talk about making a mark on history. One of the most unforgettable videos in Linkin Park's history is this video of 'No More Sorrow' from Berlin 2007. No cameras were allowed at that show, so when this clip of a never-before heard - not to mention heavy as hell - song surfaced, it through the fanbase into a frenzy.

This show definitely has potential to make a mark on Linkin Park's history, too. The band has gotten their European Tour off to a running start, playing festival shows at Download Paris in France and visiting the Czech Republic for the first time in 9 years for the Aerodrome Festival yesterday. This is the band's first headlining show of the tour, so it's not unreasonable to expect something different. Both previous shows featured the same setlist, 'Talking To Myself' opening to show after the 'Fallout' and 'Roads Untraveled' mashup intro. Lots of One More Light songs feature in this set - 6, to be exact. That includes all the singles like 'Invisible' and 'Good Goodbye,' as well as the powerful title track 'One More Light.' Mike dedicated 'One More Light' to his uncle Kenji who had recently passed away, giving the song an extra personal touch. Chester has been giving it his all at these shows, really letting his emotions run - the acapella outro of 'Breaking The Habit' has been a particularly powerful moment of the set, too.

What to expect from this show isn't completely clear. On one hand, it won't be very surprising to see the same set performed again, perhaps with one or two additions or changes ('Fallout' into 'The Catalyst' would be an obvious one). On the other, there has been a lot of promise for this show from a number of sources, including the band themselves. Chester claimed that the band rehearsed 'Sharp Edges' in a tweet, while Mike posted about him practicing a new song on Instagram. No additions were made to the set the band has been playing, so perhaps they've prepared something new for Berlin and the following headlining shows. Additionally, a close friend of the band, Warner Bros Records executive Tobias Fance has said there will be some surprises in the band's set in Berlin. It's not unheard of for the band to do something like this; in 2012, the band had two distinct setlists: one for headlining shows with songs like 'Blackout' and 'Tinfoil,' and another for festival shows, which featured 'A Place For My Head' opening.

Prague really brought their all for the band, too. Check out 'Breaking The Habit' from the Aerodrome Festival yesterday, absolutely everyone getting into it, especially during the ending.

Opening for the band at this show will be Machine Gun Kelly, who will open up for the band later this summer during their North American Tour. He's fresh off the heels of his new record Bloom (check out my review of it if you need an idea of what it's like - but don't expect too much out of it), performing songs off of it like single 'Trap Paris' and 'Bad Things.' He's also performing a cover of Blink-182's (who will also be playing some shows with the band this summer) 'All The Small Things.' It's possible an onstage collaboration happens, too: at the band's surprise Warped Tour performance in 2014, MGK came out and rapped part of his song 'What I Do' over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out.' Perhaps we'll see something similar to that happen at this show!

Watch Machine Gun Kelly drop a verse of his song 'What I Do' over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out' back in 2014. It's pretty likely we see a collaboration happen at some point this summer - will it be similar to this?

Is anyone heading to the show? The band has two more shows in Germany later this month, at the Hurricane and Southside festivals. Hurricane is usually webcast, so hopefully we'll be able to watch the band from home at that show! As far as headlining shows go, the next one will be in Amsterdam on June 20, and after that comes four shows in the UK to end the tour off in July. On the site, be sure to check out our new Grey Daze exclusive featuring live footage from 1997 of a song called 'Drag' ahead of the band's reunion this fall. For updates on the show, follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and be sure to add us on Snapchat for some cool stuff, too.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

Good guess on Bleed It Out. Definitely possible they start collaborating with him on Bleed It Out.

I think this show has two distinct opportunities.

One - the band debuts a completely revamped second setlist. Anything short of that is unacceptable to me, seriously, as they have had almost two years between European Tours and have rehearsed for months for this world tour. Surely they didn't spend all that time on one setlist. Even a festival set and headlining set changing 2-3 songs like the Carnivores set is not good. They have rotated setlists in Europe with fewer shows and this is the largest headlining tour of Europe in their career.

In 2010, Mike changed Papercut/Messenger for LFY/LOATR because of what he saw on LPLive about the same setlist all tour, and then brought in FTI in the second set because of it. He knows. Rob knows, he mentioned at the LPU M&G in 2015 that he understands fans have lost incentive to see multiple shows. Now is the time to show it....drop that second setlist with a different opener, different order, 4-5 different songs, and a different encore run. I've defended the new setlist a lot on this forum and for the first time this cycle I'll be pretty let down if they don't drop a completely different second set. 18 shows is a lot for LP. The catalogue is massive.

Two - Mercedes has a lot of influence over the band. If brands could have relationships, Mercedes and LP would be on their tenth honeymoon. It wouldn't shock me if the "surprise" is One More Light in full. Maybe for the only time, or they do it for "One More Night in London" too. They'd probably advertise that, though. Who knows.

If they just swap something like Battle Symphony for Sharp Edges, then ouch.

Also, shoutout to that epic NMS video from Berlin 2007 being 10 years old....wow. I remember when that video surfaced and the fanbase went wild.

First of all, judging from the videos from the last shows (including the South America tour), the band is really into it and they are absolutely rocking it on stage. It's good to see that after the long touring break they are really excited for the shows. Great performances.

Im excited for what will happen to the set tonight, especially since I will be at the show in Amsterdam, which will probably have the same set as this show, unless there will be a surprise here for a one-off show.

Im also curious to see what the production at this show will be, maybe a new stage design?

By the way, I hope we get a new DVD of a show this tour. The last proper recording for a DVD (or Blu ray) was RTR. Anything after that was okay, but RTR had this special vibe over the entire show and recording. Hope we get something like that again.

First of all, judging from the videos from the last shows (including the South America tour), the band is really into it and they are absolutely rocking it on stage. It's good to see that after the long touring break they are really excited for the shows. Great performances.

Im excited for what will happen to the set tonight, especially since I will be at the show in Amsterdam, which will probably have the same set as this show, unless there will be a surprise here for a one-off show.

Im also curious to see what the production at this show will be, maybe a new stage design?

By the way, I hope we get a new DVD of a show this tour. The last proper recording for a DVD (or Blu ray) was RTR. Anything after that was okay, but RTR had this special vibe over the entire show and recording. Hope we get something like that again.

RTR is fucking awesome, i still regularly play some tracks like POA with the Petrified intro and There they go outro ("You wanna get dirty? Let s get dirty!") or NMS extended intro

No webcast.

I agree. The band is in good shape live and the crowds are very receptive of the new set. The lighting is huge too.

The band may be in to it, but the sets are awful. I'm sorry, but the new songs really bring the set down, especially BS and Heavy. Those songs are just so boring. I know they're not going to drop Heavy, but BS needs to go.

I remember you guys used to edit the OPs with the setlists, would that be possible to start doing again?

Its easier to find it then go to the live guide.

Edited by Bliss

The OML acapella intro honestly seems like a random one-off thing in conjunction with the Mercedes AMG promo thing being used as an intro video. I don't think it's a "regular" part of the set...

Today was also the one-year anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, maybe it was a tribute thing?

You can believe me...THE LONGEST SHOW EVER OF LP! :P They started at 9:11pm til 11:03pm :D And they were great as fuck ;)

But....MGK was so bad! :P

Bleed It Out also had an extended intro.

Edited by marzo23

So...the show was really good!

The first time I saw a song debut...and there were even two! :)

Both songs sounded really great, especially Sharp Edges with just Brad and Chester.

And (out of sudden) Points of Authority, just awesome!!!

Yes, I also think, that the OML intro was just a one-off thing.

They started with some Mercedes-Benz promo video and suddenly there was Chester in Front singing just the first line and verse of OML.

Overall, the OML songs sound so much better live than they do on album :)

How do we measure a show length? There are some shows from 2015 and 2014, where their sources are about 105 minutes long.

Edit: I found out that Belo Horizonte show in Brasil 2014 had a source that lasted 127 minutes, and Paris show in France 2014 had a source that lasted 142 minutes.

Edited by TheDamian58C

So I took videos of both the shows start and the shows end.

The OML Acapella started at around 9:20 pm

I took my BIO video at 11:01 pm (right before the bridge), that means it ended around 11:05 pm.

= 1 h 45 min

= 105 min

And I confirm, that the show was pretty long ... and good :)

Edited by LPngdf

That's because the source is an hour and 42 minutes, not 142 minutes. Whoever added it must have goofed. The other one is explained in the source comments. The 2+ hour one includes an interview. Actual show was the usual time (100 minutes)