Sharp Edges to debut live today in Brazil?

hahninator

A recent interview with Brad states, "Knowing that Sunday, 14, after the show at the festival will be Mother's Day in Brazil, Delson takes advantage and says that the song Sharp Edges, which closes the new work, would fit perfectly at the time, in honor of the moms."

Mother's Day is tomorrow and Linkin Park closes their South American Tour today at São Paulo's Maximus Festival in Brazil.

Sharp Edges, the closing song on One More Light, is a softer tune where Chester talks about things his mother told him as a child and how he will have to learn things for himself growing up.

I HOPE NOT.

We've already heard 6 new songs from the new album of 10 songs. There's absolutely no surprise anymore. We even heard One More Light which was the most hyped song (in live version at least). I think it's a bad move and they showed us too much already. If Sharp Edges is played then we've only got 3 more songs to enjoy.

We've already heard 6 new songs from the new album of 10 songs. There's absolutely no surprise anymore. We even heard One More Light which was the most hyped song (in live version at least). I think it's a bad move and they showed us too much already. If Sharp Edges is played then we've only got 3 more songs to enjoy.

I don't see how them performing a song live will ruin the album. If you don't want to hear it, don't watch the videos or stream of it. Easy. I don't know how hearing the song will prevent you from enjoying them on the record. Everything always sounds fresh on the new album no matter who the artist is - even 'Heavy' will sound sleek in the context of the album.

The album will leak any day, how is it a bad move? If anything it's a good move that they are playing so many new songs versus just 3 like THP.

It could leak and there will be people that choose to listen to a very compressed version of the album but that's not me. I waited for THP to officially release despite it being out there. I enjoyed not knowing what to expect with all the songs that weren't singles

If they do this, then they will have officially played more songs from OML than THP, and it's not even out yet.

Sounds like a step in the right direction to me, but admittedly they might be overdoing it :lol:

It could leak and there will be people that choose to listen to a very compressed version of the album but that's not me. I waited for THP to officially release despite it being out there. I enjoyed not knowing what to expect with all the songs that weren't singles

The only person who can ruin it for you by your standards is yourself, then. It's your choice to listen to the live versions, so blame yourself for ruining how you take in the record, not LP.

They are playing more songs from this album because they aren't a challenge for the band most of them are just straight-forward they have no synth solos, no guitar solos, no screaming... just simple little songs.

Before someone comes yelling at me I mean no challenge if compared to playing stuff like Guilty, ALITS, Little Things, Skin to bone, etc.

Edited by JZE

É rapaz não tocaram nenhuma mais nova ao ser as que já escutamos do One More Light, agora é aguardar o CD sair mesmo para averiguar as demais musicas.

It's a boy they did not play any younger ones being the ones we already heard from One More Light, now it's waiting for the CD to come out to check out the other songs.

Edited by sergiolp

They are playing more songs from this album because they aren't a challenge for the band most of them are just straight-forward they have no synth solos, no guitar solos, no screaming... just simple little songs.

Before someone comes yelling at me I mean no challenge if compared to playing stuff like Guilty, ALITS, Little Things, Skin to bone, etc.

While I kinda agree about most of THP songs, they figured out how to play WTCFM and Blackout, brought an electronic drum pad on tour just for W&K, rearranged the guitars in some crazy ways to play BITS and COG, bothered to mash up and rehearse Victimized/QWERTY, played In Pieces which has a much more complicated solo than KTTK or AFN... yet couldn't play Powerless, RU or IBG for even one leg of the tour. I'm not yelling at you nor angry at the band, just trying to use different perspectives, it really is all good.