U.K. Press Day

hahninator

Similar to the press days the band has done already in the U.S. and Canada, we will be covering the press day in the U.K. today!

- Ticketmaster U.K. Interview

“I want to make sure that a fan that’s been with us for 17 years is just as entertained as a fan who has literally just discovered the band,” Shinoda enthuses. “The truth is when you’re watching our show we want to transition from song to song, and to have a meaningful connection on a personal level. A lot of our fans relate to our music in that way.”
Promising the inclusion of five new songs on their forthcoming UK tour, Shinoda is adamant that older material will not be forgotten. “It’s a robust set,” he notes, “but not at the expense of old songs.”
“It’s a very delicate balance in trying to figure out how to play Heavy and One Step Closer in the same set. We’ve had so many different eras, but the set it definitely not chronological. It’s about the emotional journey.”

There’s also new production to look forward to, inspired by some suitably eclectic sources. “I remember seeing Nine Inch Nails on their Fragile tour and it was like an art project, where Trent Reznor was taking us through these weird abstractions of versions of the songs. I also saw a couple of live comedy shows and realised that there’s an idea of entertaining somebody at all costs.”:

- NME Facebook Live Q&A

- Ticketmaster UK Twitter Q&A
Q: Are there a lot of Mike raps coming on OML?
A: M: Good Goodbye is your song...I also sing lead vox on Invisible and Sorry For Now!

Q: Could you make an unplugged Album? Love battle Symphony, but with real instruments it would be better.
A: They are real instruments - they're not made of magic! BOOM

Q: Why do you never add any Scotland shows to your UK tours?
A: M: Our agent's name is Scott Thomas at X Ray touring. you can ask him!

Q: What do you love to do besides making music?
A: C: Um, i really like to be a dad, workout... those are the things i do.
A: M: I snowboard, paint, draw, and play too much Summoners War on my phone

Q: Any hints as to what songs you'll be playing from previous albums?
A: M: all the awesome ones!
A: C: come to the show, find out.

Q: Why did you guys initially want to form a band? I just started a new band and the process is always difficult.
A: C: I started making music because it's fun. It's fun and you're smart for doing it.

Q: Would U tell us why the other band members didn't came along during your EU trip? I missed to see all the band members together.Thx
A: M: The guys are coming out soon, we'll be performing at the Echo Awards in Germany.

Q: Would you tell us how you met with Frank Maddocks who made those beautiful cover art of OML , thanks

A: C: he's been in the art department forever and we worked with him on EVERY album. He rules.

Q: Are you gonna make a remix album of OML?
A: M: we just got a @nickyromero remix for #HeavyLP...coming soon!

Q: Who is the most laziest person in the band?
A: C: Dave

Q: Does Chester miss his bleached blonde spiky hair and does Mike miss his red hair
A: C: I tried to dye my hair, and my kids cried

Q: What's your favorite song on OML
A: C: Sharp Edges. Can't wait for you guys to hear it.

More soon!

But it's weird because when he was told in an interview while promoting Heavy he should collaborate with him he let out a big fat "meh"

Do you have a video of that? I ask because I've heard him reference Kendrick as one of his favorite artists more than once and I've also heard him use Kendrick as an example of someone he would like to collaborate with.

"Asked if hed like to collaborate with Lamar, he replies: Yeah, sure. Chester and I were talking the other day about how great his most recent two records are. We were specifically talking about the artistry of his records that I feel is something thats starting to emerge in hip-hop. Like, Dre is an artist but his communication style is very overt and kind of literal. And Kendricks is complex and colourful and deep and politically charged."

Edited by Justin

I am not really happy about the possibility of a remix album for OML. The Nicky Romero remix for Heavy is pretty meh, and in general do we really need people to remix the tracks into EDM clubbanger anthems? I know they said there will never be another Reanimation, but either that or don't.

I am not really happy about the possibility of a remix album for OML. The Nicky Romero remix for Heavy is pretty meh, and in general do we really need people to remix the tracks into EDM clubbanger anthems? I know they said there will never be another Reanimation, but either that or don't.

If Recharged is anything to go by then I agree.

Well, most of the remixes made for OML songs yet, are rock/metal remixes, I think there might be almost equally as many rock/metal remixes of Heavy as any remixes of BID, so an album of only heavy Heavy remixes could be done.

Well, most of the remixes made for OML songs yet, are rock/metal remixes, I think there might be almost equally as many rock/metal remixes of Heavy as any remixes of BID, so an album of only heavy Heavy remixes could be done.

Well The remix they are referencing is basically an EDM remix of Heavy and sure they might have some rock remixes on the remix album, but the ones you are talking about are fanmade ones. The only official one, that now has been confirmed to be made FOR LP is the Nicky Romero one which is as EDM as it gets.