A What If Question.

lpfan12

What if they kept the Qwerty-ish sound for Minutes To Midnight?

He's talking about Tattoo The Earth, which according to a quick search, was a tour that Slipknot did in the mid 2000s. I don't know how fans would react to that, I think it wouldn't be crazy or anything, considering Slipknot and LP have toured before (If my memory serves).

Also, if they kept that sound, I think it would have actually been a bad choice, I think LP reinventing themselves with MTM was well needed, and in hindsight, that MTM "sound" would have happened eventually anyways on another album perhaps.

Edited by TheInterframe

He's talking about Tattoo The Earth, which according to a quick search, was a tour that Slipknot did in the mid 2000s. I don't know how fans would react to that, I think it wouldn't be crazy or anything, considering Slipknot and LP have toured before (If my memory serves).

Also, if they kept that sound, I think it would have actually been a bad choice, I think LP reinventing themselves with MTM was well needed, and in hindsight, that MTM "sound" would have happened eventually anyways on another album perhaps.

Yeah slipknot and Lp toured ozzfest and the offdates the next year

He's talking about Tattoo The Earth, which according to a quick search, was a tour that Slipknot did in the mid 2000s.

Yeah I know, but loose "What If" topic will be better in my opinion.

---

What if they actualy promoted The Hunting Party? What if Guilty All The Same had a proper music video? What if Rebellion had a music video? What if Mike recorded another Fort Minor album around 2009? What if Stone Temple Pilots With Chester Bennington were a huge success? What if Joe played everything in place for just for one show? What if Chester didn't auditioned for Hybrid Theory? What if they leaked Pictureboard via Kazaa?

What if?

What if Chester didn't auditioned for Hybrid Theory? What if they leaked Pictureboard via Kazaa?

This is a pretty interesting question, they might of ended up with a different vocalist, but I don't know how a different dynamic would work. Would they have sounded the same? Probably production wise, but I'd say a good part of their success was Chester's singing. His dynamic vocal range contributed to the signature "soft yet hard" sound of Hybrid Theory, would someone else been able to achieve that? Also considering the fact that they didn't have a deal at the time, would someone else have stuck with them through thick or thin. Chester clearly put all of his faith into Hybrid Theory/LP succeeding, not sure if another vocalist would have done the same.

As for Pictureboard, I have a feeling it'll probably pop up someday. Maybe through the LPU or through a internal WBR CD, who knows. It's funny how hyped it's gotten, chances are it sounds similar to the previous Xero demos we've heard. I'm more interested in the re-recorded Xero stuff with Mark. We know a higher quality copy of Rhinestone with mark exists

This is a pretty interesting question, they might of ended up with a different vocalist, but I don't know how a different dynamic would work. Would they have sounded the same? Probably production wise, but I'd say a good part of their success was Chester's singing. His dynamic vocal range contributed to the signature "soft yet hard" sound of Hybrid Theory, would someone else been able to achieve that? Also considering the fact that they didn't have a deal at the time, would someone else have stuck with them through thick or thin. Chester clearly put all of his faith into Hybrid Theory/LP succeeding, not sure if another vocalist would have done the same.

As for Pictureboard, I have a feeling it'll probably pop up someday. Maybe through the LPU or through a internal WBR CD, who knows. It's funny how hyped it's gotten, chances are it sounds similar to the previous Xero demos we've heard. I'm more interested in the re-recorded Xero stuff with Mark. We know a higher quality copy of Rhinestone with mark exists

Mike talked about this in 2004 during an interview. ''We wouldn't have let him go. Even if he drove back to Phoenix, we'd figure out a way to make it work.'' There is also the MTV: The Ride documentary from 2014 where the band says that the most important choice for them as a band was choosing Chester as their lead singer. I think if they had never got Chester as their lead singer, they probably would have found someone and they would have made an album and it wouldn't have done as well as HT did. And they probably wouldn't still be a band today. They might have had mild success since nu-metal was huge at the time, but they definitely wouldn't have stood the test of time like LP has, IMO. The 6 guys in LP really have something magical and it connected when they all made HT.

If they leaked Pictureboard that would have been awesome, but we know they will never do it. I think if they were ever going to have leaked it, it would have been in 2009 when Mike posted about the song. Like many have said before though, it's probably not that special.

Edited by Geki