Happy 15th Birthday 'In The End'!

hahninator

Fifteen years ago today, Linkin Park released In The End as a single from Hybrid Theory! It's hard to believe it's been that long.

To celebrate, Linkin Park has released three brand new In The End tees for fans. Check them out here. These items are the newest selections in the band's online store, which has added a lot of Hybrid Theory-era throwback items in recent months.

Did this song make any of you guys become a fan of the band?

Pretty cool. I might buy one of them today. In The End didn't make me become a fan of the band, I didn't really become a hardcore fan of the band until 2003. But I do remember In The End being a huge song back then in 2001 and stuff, it was literally everywhere, and everyone knew it.

In the End made me become a fan. Back in 2008 (I think) I was watching a star wars video on youtube with ITE playing in the background. I was like, hey that's a cool song, and decided to check out this band. I've been a fan ever since :D

Back in 2001 when In The End came out I was already a fan, the song was everywhere for those who didn't live the era the popularity of the song was the same as Adele's Rolling In The Deep.

I remember watching MTV and everytime that ITE appeared I just changed the channel I was so fucking sick of it, because of that it's one of my less favorite LP songs ever.

Edited by JZE

Back in 2001 when In The End came out I was already a fan, the song was everywhere for those who didn't live the era the popularity of the song was the same was Adele's Rolling In The Deep.

I remember watching MTV and everytime that ITE appeared I just changed the channel I was so fucking sick of it, because of that it's one of my less favorite LP songs ever.

I just can't imagine LP being so popular

This song was definitely the first LP song that could show the basis of a lot of future songs - sampled intro, Mike raps in the verses, Chester sings the chorus and yells the bridge.

It's kind of become a novelty live since they just can't do a show without it and honestly I watch performances of it purely for the audience's effort on the bridge, but I still love it every time.

I remember where I was the first time I heard this song. I was 9 years old, in the car on my way home from school. My dad asked me had I heard the song before, and turned it up. It was the first Linkin Park song I had ever heard. My dad bought me the single shortly after.

In The End means a lot to me personally, and will always hold a special place in my heart.

This was the first song from LP i've ever heard. I think it was 2002 already, so i was 9 years old. My cousin had this pirate CD with some Eminem and other 00's stuff, and In The End played as track 11. We didn't knew the name of the song or the band. In 2003 my friend got a cd full of screamo bands, and Faint was there. That shit was really heavy for my 10 y/o version, but i liked, it felt badass. That time we had the band's name in the cd, and i discovered that in the end was from them.

But just around 2006 i really became a fan of the band, researching about them and all about that. Until then i ocasionally listened to them, i was just a 12 y/o kid that didn't care that much about music and i hadn't internet to do researches. My dad gave me a Live in Texas cd/dvd and the love just increased.

Edited by vinifeijo